Unique reception venue

Online Users: 1,312 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 3

CindyandJackie Posts : 6 Registered: 4/22/09
Unique reception venue
Posted: May 8, 2009 11:26 AM

We were planning on having our reception at our house, but I'm worried about the weather in August, even at 8pm. Does anybody have any suggestions for a unique reception venue? I already have a caterer I'd like to use, so I don't want a hotel. I want to serve alcohol, so most churches are out. The place does need kitchen facilities. Any thoughts? BTW, I live in Danbury, CT. Thanks.

Edited by: CindyandJackie on May 8, 2009 11:26 AM

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Re: Unique reception venue
Posted: May 8, 2009 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: CindyandJackie

Have you looked at historic mansions, museums, libraries, civic centers, etc.? Those are probably your best bet if you want to bring in your own catering. You could also look at art galleries. I would just consider anything that is an intersting space, and then check to see if you can rent it.
P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

JimplusAnna Posts : 1 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: May 25, 2009 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: CindyandJackie

We had our reception at Third Degree Glass Factory in St. Louis, MO. It is a wonderful glass art studio that probably seats a couple of hundred guests, but if your wedding is smaller it can likely be made very intimate as well. You can probably find a glassblowing studio in many places around the country that can be rented for a reception.

While we dined in the western gallery, we could see the glassblowers create beautiful art in the adjacent studio. The art and fire made it a very romantic wedding reception and all our guests enjoyed the venue tremendously. Since the studio is a very large space we could fit a live band, a great dance floor and an open bar in there.

The staff was amazing, incredibly helpful and professional from the time we placed the deposit until the wedding day. Perhaps this is due to the studio not being a "traditional" wedding venue. It was a very special night.

I can really recommend having your reception in a unique place. Just make sure that it is also romantic and fun! Third Degree in St. Louis was all that!

clc9860 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/26/09
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: CindyandJackie

The Richard-Hart Estate in Wheat Ridge Colorado is $500 for any day of the week. It's great for about 75 ppl or less! Very charming.
If that doesn't work, look for city owned historic properties, they're budget friendly and adorable!
Good luck!
It's not about finding someone you can live with, it's finding the person you can't live without.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine