Unique Groomsmen Gifts?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

meaghanp1121 Posts : 13 Registered: 8/9/08
Unique Groomsmen Gifts?
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 9:59 PM

Anyone have ideas for unique groomsmen's gifts? My FH does not want to give any of the traditional things in the wedding books we have... like beer mugs, money clips, cufflinks, etc. We like the idea of beer of the month club but it's really expensive. We would like something unique and not cheesy. Any ideas or websites to check out? your help is appreciated!

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: Unique Groomsmen Gifts?
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 9:35 AM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

My fh is doing composes (sp) of course our groomsmen aren't your normal groomsmen they are the father and grandfathers of fh but he is also giving one to each of my children. With something inscribed about guiding him in life and on my sons maybe something about the path of our future we are still working the kinks out on that one.
wedding web site

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

My FH is doing ipod shuffles. You can get free engraving when you order them online and they come in all different colors. And he's going to give them each a $15 itunes card. He's a musician, so it's the perfect musical gift.

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I like the shuffle idea. Its a shame that we have so many people standing up, cause my fiancee is a music major and would have gotten a kick out of doing that. But he has 9 groomsmen (including the ring boy) and it could be a bit pricey.
On average, how much do we spend on gifts or the attendants?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Yeah I like the shuffle idea too... we only have 4 to buy for so thats not too bad. I really have NO idea how much to spend on them. Anyone else have thoughts? By the way, your ring looks just like mine!! :)

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

We are ending up doing about $65-$75 on each of them. Seemed like a good amount, but I don't know what's normal.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

Nice! I do love the look of a solitaire. ;)
I'll run the shuffle idea by DF and see what he thinks. We got two junior groomsmen who would use a shuffle
Ultimately, he is the one who is gonna pick out the gifts for them. I am still debating on gifts for the girls. Chances are its gonna be jewelry or a small purse. I would like something a bit more unique. Oh well. I got me some time.

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

How about cigars? You can get them some cigars, cigar cutters and maybe a lighter or something like that.

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Oh yes, good idea, I like that one too. I will pass cigars & accessories along to the FH - thank you!

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Yeah, that is a good one too!

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

I just remembered that my fiancees BIL gave his groomsmen Chicago Bears jerseys as their gifts. Their wedding was a destination wedding in Mexico and the Bears made it to the superbowl that year. It just happened that their wedding was the day before the Superbowl and they planned a big Superbowl Party for all of the guest that flew out to Mexico for their wedding.It was a cute idea and it was something that the groomsmen still use. It was pricey, but everyone really liked it.
Maybe you guys have a favorite sports team or something...

Purplesassy Posts : 9 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

You can check out http://ericasweddingfavors.com/wedding-gifts/personalized-gifts-for-him/bar-essentials/personalized-sports-beer-mug.html . This is what we are planning to give to our groomsmen since they are all hard drinkers

mouskersmom Posts : 2 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: meaghanp1121

I actually got the groomsmen a stainless steal BBQ kit, GREAT for all guys who love to BBQ. They are great, we just got them in the mail and they're really nice. The rpice is right as well at $40 each

Here they are: http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Groomsman%20Gifts(KnotShop)&pId=P2638(KnotShop)&cId=Groomsman%20Gifts(KnotShop)

Happy Hunting!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine