favors unlike everyone else

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 74

Cuteqt4J Posts : 1 Registered: 11/3/08
Re: favors unlike everyone else
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about a nice bottle of your favorite wine, You get to design your label just how you want it. What I am doing is having cute pictures of us taken together and then having that be our label. Sort of a sweet gesture to your guests of you two coming together as one. Also if ppl at your wedding dont drink you could do Sparkling apple cider. We are doing the smaller bottles (less money). Here is the link if you are interested : www.yourprivatevineyard.com

Amber

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: Cuteqt4J

FH and I are doing a mix CD.  We got a lightscribe, so instead of labels on the cd, we're actually 'burning' our special image on top -- it will have the weddding logo (with a picture of us) and the play list.

FH is responsible for our CDs...what goes on them...and he's very avidly working on the list.  There will be a few selections from the ceremony and a few selections from the reception.  In a way it is the "Greatest Hits of the Wedding of Misty and John" CD.   My entry song "Come What May", our exit song "Give Me A Happy Ending", our first dance (either Fever or It Had to Be You...depends if we're going to go with swing or a foxtrot....yes, HE can actually dance), and then a few other songs.

I actually give out cds every year at christmas (I buy LOADS of Christmas CDs -- and am in the process of burning Christmas Mix 2008 right now), and he is also a CD mixer.   (I do actually have people ask me when my Christmas Mix is coming out <G>) 

So it is personal, it is a reminder of the wedding itself, and it is something a lot of people will reuse.

I know a lot of folks like the seed thing, but as a black thumb, I'd just kill the poor thing (I have one plant that I have managed to not kill for four years.  But I understand that with this kind of a plant, you must act with malice aforethought to actually kill it <G>)

I do know someone who gave out mini wine bottles at their wedding (actually, it was mini champagnes...their anniversary is Dec 31 and their reception went through Jan 1).  LOOKED really classy.  And they had a lot left over (which was fine for them as they have a HUGE Alcohol collection)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

RFenech Posts : 30 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A unique favor that everyone will use is a $1 lotto scratch off ticket...you can find cards on-line used to hold the ticket and usually say something like "Lucky in Love" with your names and wedding date. This is a low cost favor!

So many favors are never used so consider doing a charitable donation to an organization that has impacted your life or that you and your husband to be are interested in. And to remain eco-friendly instead of printing cards to be placed on each table just print one 8x10 and frame it and display next to the table seating cards for everyone to see!

Good luck!
Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Franklin P. Jones

traveler Posts : 18 Registered: 6/17/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

RFench, I like the idea of scratch off tickets. It gives everyone something fun to do at the table and get the conversation started, also no one will leave behind a winning lottery ticket.

We're planning on doing a candy buffet. Our colors are orange and navy blue so we will setup a table with candy in those colors for everyone to help themselves. (That way I don't have to wrap 100's of tiny tulle.)

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 2:26 AM Go to message in response to: traveler

FH and I are big motorcycle riders - as well as most of our friends are as well. We met doing Patriot Guard Riders - honoring heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Sooooooooo with that in mind... we are giving bandana's. They have a waving flag design. The only thing that is Flag'ie in our red/white/blue wedding. We are wrapping the eating utensils in with them with a Thank You note attached. Even those who are not bikers can use them for a variety of things. Found a website where I could get 12 dozen for under 100.00.

tansclub2003_2007_17511861.gif bandana image by <u>puddles</u>

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

Miyuhime Posts : 40 Registered: 10/12/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsnye

Imm not original, but we picked up a bunch of plastic champane glasses @ Party City and will fill with custom M&Ms... most of the guests I think won't care about favours....maybe dress the glass with a blue bow or something. We also got personalied cocktail napkins.

We don't have a lot of money so we wanted to give a little something. If budget allows, I may pick up a dollar scratch off for each guest.

Diannahk Posts : 4 Registered: 6/14/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Getting married in Florida? Its going to be pretty hot, so you can do fans but that has been done before. I saw these little clams or oysters on bridesvillage.com tha thave a tiny pearl in them. If you are getting married on the beach these would be super cute. I am having a lakeside wedding so I can't use them, but I thought they were so cute. They also have silver rinestone studded fortune cookies. They were cute too. I've been on a lot of "favor" sites and I think they have the most uniques items. I'm getting my faince some Karmasutra stuff for valentines day from them. Hot stuff! Good luck. be sure to post back what you decided on. I love hearing about new ideas. Unfortunately my FH doesn't since I tend to change my mind a million times! LOL!

I love being in love!

kwidener21 Posts : 98 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also getting married in FL. We are getting married on the beach and having a reception back in our home town in Oklahoma. I'm going to bring some sand back with me and fill little glass bottles with corks and have a little message telling everyone that this is the sand from the beach where we got married so everyone can have a piece of it!

Candy23 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/8/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got these great Kissing Turtles - salt and pepper shakers, they are part of something called the MWAH collections (my theme is turtles) They are sooo cute!!

www.customcreationsonglass.com

TRACYJOHNSONBRA... Posts : 42 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 3:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went with personalized match books. My theme is hearts (specifically double hearts) and my colors are royal blue and purple. I got them at weddingchannel.com.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: TRACYJOHNSONBRA...

I think my favourite idea is chrome cookie cutters and then with our favourite cookie recipe.

We want to have a little dessert table at our wedding which would include these cookies.

tingting Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: simone021

Yes, I loooove this idea. I have also priced custom fortune cookies on the web and have found www.tankinz.com to have the best pricing. I also called them and found out that they can chocolate dip the fortune cookies in pretty much any color of chocolate. My colors are lavender and light green and they said they could accomodate these colors! I am so thrilled. For my favors I plan on using takeout boxes and put one of each color of dipped cookie in the box. Tankinz.com also mentioned that it would be a good idea to to use two different messages, one for each cookie and that they could separate them out for me. Each guest will get both messages! I am considering putting either a lavender or green ribbon on each box as well. Does anyone know of a good place to get takeout boxes cheap?

Purplesassy Posts : 9 Registered: 5/5/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Since my Fiance and I are both nurse, we want our wedding favors to be medically related but we are both busy good thing I came across this site and saw exactly the type of favor we like, it's a pink band aid type with our names and wedding date in it. very cute http://ericasweddingfavors.com/new-arrivals/hugs-and-kisses-from-mr-and-mrs-adhesive-bandages-in-reusable-tin.html

You can check out and you might see something you like. I've seen a lot of unique favors here and I am actually having a hard time deciding

Edited by: Purplesassy on May 6, 2009 6:50 PM

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 6, 2009 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: tingting

for the takeout boxes--www.orientaltrading.com
We use them for all kinds of stuff at school!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 6, 2009 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Purplesassy

I LOVE the bandaids!! The tin makes it perfect for tossing in your purse or desk (or glovebox!) for those unexpected boo-boos! (I work with kindergarten--I carry bandaids EVERYWHERE!)

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine