White or Ivory???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

missbride2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 4/20/09
White or Ivory???
Posted: May 6, 2009 1:26 AM

In a wedding dress... which is more classic???
suggestions????
~Sarah

CoutureBride27 Posts : 130 Registered: 5/5/09
Re: White or Ivory???
Posted: May 6, 2009 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: missbride2010

Hi Sarah,

I personally prefer white, alhtough Ivory seems to be a bit softer in photo's ... there's something so romantic about a gorgeous white bridal gown! I think it also depends on your colour scheme ... if you're having white with other colours then a white dress will fit perfectly ... and vice versa!

E

: )

Cherish all your happy moments:  they make a fine cushion for old age.

**Christopher Morley**

9 MONTHS 'TILL I MARRY THE MAN OF MY DREAMS

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: missbride2010

Ivory is a shade of white, just like cobalt is a shade of blue. So if you are buying an ivory dress, it still is a white dress. Personally, I went with Ivory because it complimented my skin tone better, and had a more vintage feel. Once you see them in person, go with what looks better on you.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 6, 2009 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: missbride2010

Go with the color that best compliments your skin tone. I tried on white gowns and they did nothing for me. When I put the Ivory gowns they looked so much better.

"Be Here Now"  Senn Delaney

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: May 6, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I agree to go with what you feel looks best on you once you see them in person. I chose ivory because to me it is just a much softer look and less of a stark contrast against other colors.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: May 6, 2009 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: missbride2010

I had this issue last week when I bought my dress. I was told that Ivory is more classic, more traditional, very regal, looks better with my skin tone (I'm tan so even white looks good)...I could go on. In my personal opinion, I like the crisp clean look of white, I've always considered Ivory to be a dingy white. My FH's tux shirt is white white, and if I got an Ivory dress... I just know that it would bother me, not only on our wedding day but in our wedding pictures that my dress wasn't as white as his shirt(I'm odd like that). So naturally I went with white and I'm happy that I did, even though the salesperson told me that white makes wedding dresses look cheap. Eh, to each their own. Go with what you like, not what others like :)

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

I actually went with a champagne dress. I still feel like it's a white wedding dress. I just felt like the dress looked better in that color. I could have gone with any shade with my skin tone but the dress showed better in the champagne, at least in my opinion.

SO I think it depends on (1) your skin tone and (2) what the dress looks like.

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

NikZilla Posts : 59 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: missbride2010

I went with Ivory.
Smilewww.ewedding.com/sites/nackieSmile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine