Say Yes to the Dress

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 10

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Say Yes to the Dress
Posted: May 2, 2009 4:55 PM

Is anyone else completely addicted "Say Yes to the Dress"? I've never been one to be into the more "girly" shows, I usually prefer to watch a sporting event or House, but I cannot turn it off when it is on. Unfortunately I think those dresses are a bit out of my price range. Sorry, there isn't much of a reason for this post, I just really like the show.

jmestyle Posts : 4 Registered: 4/28/09
Re: Say Yes to the Dress
Posted: May 2, 2009 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I watch this every Friday (even before I got engaged!).
I like it because it does seem like they have something for everyones price range. I've seen shows where the bride had $1000 budget and ones that had a $10k budget

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: May 5, 2009 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: jmestyle

I was watching it before I was engaged too. I saw one where the bride spent $11K on just the dress!!!!! I would never be able to get myself to spend that much on something. It had diamonds on the bodice instead of rhinestones!!! But yup, every Friday night!!! I wish they showed more non-strapless dresses. I realize that's what a lot of, if not most, brides want, but I don't like to wear strapless. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it would be nice to see more non-strapless on the show. Oh well, still soooo much fun to watch. I haven't started dress shopping yet, but everytime I watch an episode it makes me want to try some one.

younglove922 Posts : 33 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: May 5, 2009 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I've only seen the show a couple times but really liked it when I saw it. I totally agree with you, I am a little bigger up top and would prefer not to have strapless because I don't want to stress about it the whole time. I cant wait to go try on dresses but I have a little while.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: younglove922

It is set to record on my DVR LOL I love that show. Even my hubby watched it with me LOL

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

FH watches it with me too! :) I'm not sure he ENJOYS it, but it's one of the few shows that I watch that he doesn't say "babe, can't you watch this while I'm at school?" lol

I love it :)

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

What is it about this show! It is the only wedding show my fiance will watch as well. LOL I never thought of it as guy friendly. I love the guy who always comes in with the perfect dress at the last minute and pisses off the sales ladies.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Stephy77

I just like to see the dresses that I could never afford! I also like seeing the guy tick off the sales ladies! It is interesting to see the kinds of dresses different people like.

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I think its funny that the sales ladies get so pissed! On the last episode the guy SAID "they still get the commission, I just get the high of finding the right dress." Ok then, so you didn't find the right dress, you weren't gonna find the right dress, he stepped up and found it and now YOU get paid thanks to him. Be happy! lol

I'm not diggin the new chick though. She kept saying "I don't need help I don't need help" blah blah blah, then the guy came in there and she got all pissy, and then he found the dress and she was all "GO TEAM." yeah, whatever. You didn't want his help, now you're pretending you never cared at all. grr. lol

Now I watched an episode of Girl Meets Gown a few weeks ago, thinking I'd like it as much as Say Yes to the Dress. nope... not nearly as good.....

NikZilla Posts : 59 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I love say yes to the dress. BrideZilla's, Whose Wedding is it anyway?, Outlaw Inlaws, anything that has to do with a wedding or marriage.
Smilewww.ewedding.com/sites/nackieSmile

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Black Strapless Sweetheart Layered Drape Hi-low Prom Dress With Beads
Save up to 31% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $178.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/black-strapless-sweetheart-layered-drape-hilow-prom-dress-with-beads-p-32379.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine