Water Pearls

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

sweetchica1988 Posts : 23 Registered: 3/25/09
Water Pearls
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 5:33 PM

I want to fill centerpieces with something

Has anyone ever used water pearls?
http://www.koyalwholesale.com/pages-productinfo-product-6603/water-pearls-centerpiece-filler-hot-for-2009.html?zenid=5f775a7a87bda5f7e077632e7fd9e2e7

Do you recommend them?

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Re: Water Pearls
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: sweetchica1988

Im looking in to using those too. Thanks for the site, they have some great prices on these. Best I have been able to find. I am thinking we are gonna order a small bag along with a couple of Flora Lights and test them out. Im thinking of using clear with the blue light.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

I'm using these but not for centerpieces (I wanted to use them for centerpieces but we'd already made up our mind on using sand by the time I found them).

We're using them for vases topped with pomander balls at the ceremony, they'll be sitting by our sand ceremony stuff. We're using clear and instead of the floralights we're just buying glowsticks. I think we're going to put 2 pinks ones in each vase.

We bought them and put them in a bowl with water (distilled) just to test them out while we were working on centerpieces. By the time we were done with the centerpieces the water balls were done absorbing the water. They are awesome. We covered the bowl lightly just to see how long it would take the balls to dry out. It's been over a month and they still aren't completely dried out. They've barely shrunk at all.

I'd recommend them :)

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Awesome, thanks for the help

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

That is great to hear as well! I am a little concerned with the floralytes because we are doing the centerpieces on our own and probably need about 20. But since we have to turn the lights on and bury them in the centerpieces and arrage the rest of the centerpiece decor ( sparkling branches and strings of pearls), then we have to do that soon before the reception to avoid any burned out lights. I am just concerned that this is alot to do before the reception and want my MIL and Mom to be able to enjoy themselves.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 8:50 AM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

I like the look of the floralites but I like my glowsticks just as much :) lol I took a pic of the vase with lights one and with the lights dimmed so you could see the glow it puts off, but I never saved it to my photobucket. whoops.

We're doing our centerpieces ourselves too, so I know exactly how you're feeling...

One word of advice would be to let the pearls hydrate beforehand. Because you'll need to drain them. I went to a wedding that used them a few months ago and they just poured water in the vases, dumped in the pearls, and went off to the wedding. When everyone got to the reception hall, you couldn't even tell the pearls were in the vases. Until you drain the water, it just looks like water. lol. When we were hydrating ours I kept saying "I can't see anything. I don't think this is working!!" And so my boss stuck her hand it and came up with a big ol handful of the pearls. lol. You couldn't even see them though!! So. I'd say hydrate them the day before, drain them when they're done, and put them in big covered bowls. Be careful when you're scooping them into the vases though, just your fingernails can slice the pearls in half.

Posted: May 4, 2009 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: sweetchica1988

I like the idea of the glow sticks. You can buy them from online dollar tree in bulk.

dena11 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: sweetchica1988

If you are going to need a lot of water pearls, check out this site:

http://www.codwholesale.com/watercrystals.htm

They have a small variety of colors, and one pound of beads (that's supposed to make up to 16 gallons) is only $15... $10 if you want clear colored. Shipping is reasonable too... $8.

I'm planning on filling my centerpieces with these too... I want black though so I won't be using a light. This website was the cheapest in my search!! Hope it helps.

jhdogtraining Posts : 1 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: May 18, 2009 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: sweetchica1988

I think water pearls are great idea. Nowadays, having the water element as a centerpiece is nice. For me, you feel comfortable and of course it seems that your just beside Mother Earth.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: sweetchica1988

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine