Day-Before-Wedding Question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

adoringbride1009 Posts : 45 Registered: 8/3/08
Day-Before-Wedding Question
Posted: May 2, 2009 12:14 PM

Hello brides!

My fiance and bridal party have come up with a great idea to go to an amusement park/water park in our area the day before the wedding. I love the idea of having a fun event with my future husband and closest friends -- we would be back in plenty of time for the rehersal and following dinner.

However, my mom thinks that it might be better if we did it the weekend before instead of the day before the wedding. She says that there's probably gonna be a lot of last-minute stressers and decisions that I would need to make. I've never been a bride before, so I don't know which is the best choice. What do you guys think?

Soon to be his bride,

Rachel 

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn’t know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him. ~~Twilight

Till death do us part ~~ October 3, 2009

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
imghttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/lhru2xs.png[/img]
[/url]

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Re: Day-Before-Wedding Question
Posted: May 2, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

When one of my best friends got married in Idaho, they went with their friends and some family to a nearby water park that was open still at night and they had fun and it was probably quite the relaxing thing for them. As for last minute details (aside from the stuff that was done the next morning), myself and her friend we were staying with stayed behind (not a fan of water parks) and took care of some stuff.
I think, though, it depends on how big/detailed of a wedding you're going to have. I think an all-day excursion might end up being stressful because you'll be thinking of all the things you have to do. But if it's open a bit later, you could do what my friends did and work on the wedding most of the day, and go to the park later in the evening (if it's open). Or maybe go earlier in the day so that you have late afternoon and later to work on stuff?

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: May 3, 2009 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

If it were me, I'd probably do the weekend before. However, that is because I'm detail obsessed and I'm sure there will be a ton of stressors for me the day before. I'll want to be there for every detail, so being taken away all day would stress me more.

However, as the previous poster said, if you aren't having a very detailed wedding, or you aren't an OCDish person like me, then it should be fine.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 3, 2009 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

It really depends on the logistics of your wedding. I remember the day before my wedding, I was literally running my ass off. Picking up people from the airport, shopping for last minute things I had forgotten about, putting together my hotel welcome bags, and other very last minute details. But then again; our wedding was in NY where we live and about 50% of our guests were coming from Massachusetts; so the days before the wedding were VERY hectic and chaotic for us. If youre is more calm and local than that, It probably wont be a huge deal, BUT what you have to remember is that generallyspeaking, the days right before the wedding are normally the most hectic. Just for the simple reason that you cant really predict what will or wont happen. Its the last minute things that normally go haywire, and when youre the Bride you tend to not see that until it happens. I didnt. Now that Im a wedding planner, I see it all the time. So in the end, I think that for your sanity, you should maybe plan the amusement park day for the weekend before the wedding.

In short, Mom is always right.:) Well not always, but this time.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 4, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

My advise is ALWAYS: Do what YOU want to do. If you want to go to a waterpark, or a bar, or a movie, or just lay around, it's up to YOU. Have fun and congrats!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: May 4, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

It sounds like fun, but have you thought about tan lines and sunburn? I know that my skin tans very quickly, and even if I wore SPF 50, I'd still have tan lines if I spent all day at a water park. I know that sounds like a very superficial thing to worry about, but it's honestly the first thing that came to mind!

mirandina Posts : 3 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: May 24, 2009 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: adoringbride1009

I also want to do something fun or relaxing with some close friends on the day before my wedding. I think it is definitely a good idea if you can get some friends to deal with last minute stresses as some issues will usually arise right before the wedding ceremony that have to be dealt with.
If some friends or relatives that you can rely on are willing to take care of these final details I think you should definitely go and enjoy the last day before the wedding without worrying to much :-)

ChelsRae85 Posts : 371 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

i had the same thought as HLYflute. I wouldn't do it, only because what if you burn?!?!
My Planning Blog

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine