Heart Set

Online Users: 1,267 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Whittington1979 Posts : 52 Registered: 6/13/06
Heart Set
Posted: May 1, 2009 9:14 PM

I planning to get married on the beach, because I want something unique. However, I getting complaints from my mom, sister, and friends on "Why are you going on the beach when you can do it local." There are a few places here, but everyone gets married at these places. Can anyone help me deal or feel my pain. I trying to set my heart on the beach wedding, but I'm getting discouraged.
Carrie Bradshaw: And we were dressed from head to toe in love... the only label that never goes out of style.

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Re: Heart Set
Posted: May 1, 2009 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

This is what I have to say to that: if you have your heart set on the beach, do it. That's actually easy for me to say since I live right near the beach (though I'm going a tad further inland), but I don't know how far you live from the beach. However, Georgia is a coastal state and it's not that big, so it doesn't seem like it would be that far away from wherever (though that's all a matter of opinion). Either way, it's your wedding. If that's your dream, go for it. Yes, you could perhaps get married in that area but you don't want to. If you have a wedding you don't want, you're likely to regret it and look back on it being as something you didn't have control of.

scarolinagirl Posts : 27 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: May 2, 2009 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

I know what you are going through! All I can say is do what You want! It is Your wedding!

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: May 2, 2009 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

Dear Whittington,

What does FH have to say about it? Your vote and his vote are the only ones that count.

If FH is ready for a beach wedding, and that's what you want, then go for it. To the complainers, just say "When it's YOUR wedding, you can do what you want.".

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

Do what YOU want. This is YOUR wedding. Not your mom or sisters.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

kateo Posts : 18 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: May 7, 2009 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

You could always elope for a wedding-moon - then have a party for your family when you get back... or have a civil wedding before you leave. If they want to come, of course they can! Look at www.adestinationwedding.com for some inspiration!

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: May 12, 2009 5:45 AM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

like everyone else has stated its really up to you guys!! Whatever you want to do
wedding countdownDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
http://www.mywedding.com/thejosephs

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: Whittington1979

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine