May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Hey Steff - I had some honeymoon issues earlier with cancellations and things like that but no airborne diseases. But, what I wanted to tell you is that I have been to Mexico and the Dominican, and the Dominican is 10 times more awwesome! You'll have a blast!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Thanks Tiger, that does make me feel better. I just didn't want to feel like I was picking a second choice, you know? I worse things could happen..

How's everyone else doing? I've been feeling anxious all day!

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Well I'm not doing too hot. I've been reading other message boards and posts and just getting overwhelmed and nervous. FH and I are huuuuge procrastinators. Even though we've been engaged for almost 2 1/2 years, we've done most of the planning in about 6 months, and "little" things are still left. I honestly haven't felt much stress or anything until today. My stomach is in knots right now and I can't tell you why exactly. I've known about everything there is to do, it's just all coming so quickly. How did my outlook change in just a matter of days?!? All I know is that I've come to the conclusion that whatever isn't done by the day of wasn't that important anyways....gotta keep saying that.

I still have my dress fitting, hair and make up trials, gotta find a flower for my hair, need different shoes, need to get new shoes dyed, music lists, special dance music, decorations, pictures made for parent gifts. FH had the most awesome idea for parent gifts this weekend! We went to Michael's and they were having 55% off most of their frames. So instead of just giving our parents one framed picture, FH has decided to put together his own picture frame really. We bought 2 20X28" picture frames and different sized mats to put in them. We're going to hang both up at the reception for decoration and at the end of the night give them to our sets of parents to keep as their gift. I thought it was genius! lol...I am a little biased though.

Weddings for you guys already this weekend! How crazy :) Who thought May would actually get here?! I remember when we finally decided on a date we had to keep saying "May 2009" "May 2009", recently it's just been May all by itself. INSANE!

Ok...I gotta relax before I explode.

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

DAS - I also thought that May would never get here and now that it is, it's just not sinking in. For some reason I just can't get my head around the fact that I'm getting married in 2 weeks! I think it has something to do with long engagements and getting stuck in this planning/engaged mode and you start to think that your planning something that is so far away and when it acutally gets here you go into shock. Or at least I think that's what's happening to me!

Hang in there May brides, it's going to be the best month EVER!!!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Girls! I'm so glad I have all of you!! It's just nice to talk to people that TOTALLY understand all your stresses and ups and downs!! haha So Tiger and Das, totally understand what you mean about not being able to believe it's only 2 1/2 weeks away! I just can't wrap my head around that! Your right, long engagements probably make it seem that way. You spend SOO much time planning and then it's here! Still so many things to do! AHH!

So my showers were ok. A lot of people didn't come, which really broke my heart. My one whole side of family didn't come and many friends didn't. Just made me sad cause I went to all their showers and even planned some and they didn't even RSVP to the hostess. I felt so bad for her, she's 8 months pregnant and went to all the trouble to buying and making all the food and getting everything and was left with a ton of food. Just frustrated me. But you know, I'm grateful for all the people who did come. GUess I just get my expecatations and hopes too high. Oh well, it was nice to have those people there.

Had major FMIL issues, just couldn't really believe it. I won't go into everything, but you all might get a chuckle or gasp out of it, so I have to share! We were playing that game where the bride is asked questions about the groom to see how much she knows about her future husband. Well out of nowhere, FMIL shouts, "NO! Let's make it competition! We'll have Brooke answer then I'll answer and we'll see who's right!!" WHAT?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! This is a BRIDAL shower! Not a FMIL shower!! Can't you put away your controlling for one day and let me have a moment. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, I feel awkward being the center of attention, but I was really looking forward to this game and she has be like that. Oh well, I got almost all of them right and many people there were in shock as well. Oy!!! haha

Can't believe everything about this swine flu! Our cruise stops in Mexico!!!! AHH! So I called Carnival and got on the CDC website, so far they're saying it's ok, but good grief! Don't we all have enough to worry about?! haha

Well, LOTS to do today!! May Brides, we're almost there! We're all going to have great days!! Can't wait!!!

"Come What May... "

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke I feel for you about the shower. A lot of people didn't come to mine (invited over 20 and I think there were eight there counting bridesmaids). Luckily they only had chips, cake and mimosas. I was worried there would be too much food.Many didn't have the decency to RSVP either. I think your fmil obviously can't let her son go. I think that is rude of her. It was your day and it should have been about you.
Even though my fmil drives me nuts she is also really good to her son and me and would not do that to us. We played that same game at my shower.

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Steff- Yeah, we were supposed to be going to Mexico also. Our travel agent called us yesterday morning to let us know that we should probably change, and we are now going to Jamaica, which is really great for me, I just want the vacation! It did give me a littel bit of a panic attack though, changing our plans 6 days before we were set to leave!

It's been a stressful week all around, because not only did we have to change our honeymoon plans, but I have strep throat and while I am now finally getting over it, my mom has it now. The doctor says she should be over it by Saturday though, so fingers crossed!!!

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Mo - sorry to hear that you are sick so close to the wedding! I hope you feel better soon!

Good Luck this weekend!

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Mo, that's crazy that you had to change it so close! I'm glad they got you into a different place in Jamaica.. we'll be looking back on this and laughing that "pig flu" altered our honeymoon plans.
Good luck this weekend!! Have fun!!

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Where are you going in Jamaica?

So get this...my pick up date for my dress was May 5th....but at my fitting yesterday that was supposed to be my final we discovered that the french under bustle didn't look right because the fabric in my dress was too stiff for it to lay right AND at my last fitting I tried stepping into my dress and ended up ripping a seam in the back (like the v at the bottom of the corset back just got a little deeper) and I didn't think anything of it and just laughed it off. Well they didn't sew it back right because now there is a fold line perpindicular to the seam....it's hard to explain but basically at teh bottom of the V of the corset now there's a line or a creas in the fabric across my ass......either that or I gained weight but I honestly don't think I did. So now I'm freaking out because it's 4 days away! I'm just worried now if I dont like something that they do that I'll be stuck with a dress I dont like.
Booo
I'm starting to really stress over dumb stuff too. Like where to find those 35 cent packs of gum for the dollar dance nondrinkers (which Used to be 25 cents btw) and where to find fabric to drape over the pergola.....he's just worried about packing our stuff for the honeymoon. Sometimes, and I'll probably never say this again, I wish I thought like a guy

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

It is crazy to think May brides start getting marrid this weekend. Well a little less than two weeks until RSVPS are due. Still waiting on 34. Wedidng is looking like it will be over 100 people.
I am supposed to meet with the venue to finalize things sometime in May, but I figure I will wait for her to contact me as I seroiusly have something every day. This Sat. we are going to David's coworker's wedding. I had fun buying them a gift online at BBB.

I keep gaining weight! This is ridiculous. Dress fitting is on the 8th. Bachelorette is on the 9th. Kind of weird, but I barely talk to my MOH. The 9th should be interesting as my bridesmaids and me are staying in a hotel downtwon. We are meeting my other friends (only one has rsvpd) for dinner and drinks.

My dog had to go to the vet last night. He is a pug and has an infection on his face. Dr. said he is too overweight and thus the folds on his face are trapping moisture etc. So that was $150. My dog is already on seizure medicine. He has gained weight since Jan. I had switched his diet the last time the vet said he was overweight and we moved from a first floor apt. to the 3rd. You would think with four walks a day up three flights he would lose weight not gain. Maybe he has wedding stress too.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

Bliss, don't worry too much about the dress. They'll get it fixed, and it will look great. You'll be so excited that day, you won't be worrying about small details like that. At my second fitting, I was miserable. I felt fat, there were wrinkles in the dress, and it was still way too big. But by the third, I think I was just excited again. The wrinkles were still there, but for some reason they didn't bother me that time.. you will be the only one who notices something as subtle as that, so don't let it worry you.

Pug, I'm sorry to hear about your dog! I love pugs, but I have a dachshund.

So I think we are in good shape, we finished our seating chart and place cards. I had a little problem with my centerpieces. They are these frame things that I stuck together with sticky felt. Well the 95 degree weekend in CT made all the glue melt and they all fell apart! So I redid them all last night with a glue gun, and they should be good to go. We picked up our new tickets for the Dominican yesterday as well. So all we have left is packing! Packing our stuff to bring to the venue, packing for the night before, and packing for the honeymoon! Woooo hoooo!
And my bachelorette is tomorrow!!!!

Tomorrow is May 1st, ladies! It's almost our month!

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I wish I knew what my centerpieces looked like. My fmil is making them, but I didn't like the last one she made and I told her no fake blue flowers. Now she won't show me the new one. I don't want to be embarressed. She did make other stuff for the wedding that was awesome, it is just the centerpieces I don't like.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Pug - sorry to hear about your puppy. my dogs are special too. the yellow lab just cost my about $400 to find out that she has a very resistant ear bacteria that requires "special" medication and by special I mean expensive.

Steff - where are you staying in the Dominican?

I am currently very frustrated with my venue over tables and chairs, mainly chairs. The are being very vague and will not explain to me the chair process and if and why I need to have two sets of chairs when 1. the ceremony chairs will be cleared away regardless and 2. it is less than 100 ft from the ceremony site to the dinner tables.

This is sooo not what I wan't to be dealing with two weeks before! I thought I was done!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

PUG- so sorry to hear of your Pug!! Has he ever been tested for thyroid? I wonder if that's messing with his weight? When you get a breather you might have that checked!

I know how you feel about the RSVP's we're 2 weeks away and still waiting on probably 30-35 RSVP's not, people, but RSVP's for groups of people!! oh well, I'm over it!! They get till this weekend (last weekend was the RSVP date) and if they don't respond, SORRY! I don't have the time to call people. If they show up, we might have extra entree's but if not, they certainly can party with us! Just not going to worry about it anymore!!

And yeah, I had the same thing happen with my dress! The 2nd fitting I felt horrible! I felt stuffed in it, it didn't look right, I was so frustrated! But my last fitting was great, I think because I knew it was done and we're almost there!!

Few more odds and ends to do and then time to party! YAY FOR MAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

"Come What May... "

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine