Rude Florida Vendor

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

kwidener21 Posts : 98 Registered: 1/26/09
Rude Florida Vendor
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:00 AM

I was looking for a place that would do my Flordia beach wedding, and this is the e-mail I sent this company and what they replied. I thought that it was VERY rude and tacky and would NEVER use this company, I was just going to let other brides in that area know about it.

My e-mail:

Me and my fiance' are wanting to get married on July 10, 2009 and we were wondering about some of your services. Do you do a sand ceramony? Are we allowed to bring a radio with music? We will have some family present and would like more than a little do... yes... do you... yes THE END... We are not much into the decorations but would like 2 songs and that sort of thing. Also on your 599 package, if we do not opt for the boquet can we get more photo time or just that taken off the package? Thanks! Kellee

Vendor Response:

Dear Kellee, Thank you very much for your interest and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! In regards to our Basic Elopement Package, If you don't want to elope (and it seems you that you don't want to), then the $599 package is not available for you. You might want to look into the All Inclusive package instead. We don't arrange ceremonies with standing guests. This practice is not only inconsiderate and rude (think about you 40 years from now, at that age, invited to STAND for a full hour - or better yet, when was the last time you were invited to STAND at someone else's wedding during the ceremony?), but is totally inappropriate for a wedding. Our Photography time is more expensive than flowers; we cannot make those substitutions. Packages are already discounted; if you don't want a service including with a package, then you may request a custom quote, however, expect to pay full instead. Radios on the beach are useless; they cannot be heard on the beach. It seems that our services are not a fit for you. There are plenty of "beach companies" out there that use boom boxes for music, non professional photography, and host "standing" ceremonies with guests; we are just not one of them. Good luck with your search.
Best Regards, Morey Ortiz Destination Weddings of Orlando, LLC
PO Box 233, Groveland, FL 34736
http://www.destinationweddingsoforlando.com/
Phone: (321) 283-5838 Toll-Free: (877) 429-0004 Fax: (407) 540-9649

I"m not saying that what they said is not valid, but all they needed to say is the elope package is for no guests and all other packages are as is.

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Re: Rude Florida Vendor
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

Wow! I was half expecting the company to be in Miami, because if it was, I wouldn't be so surprised :P
But Orlando? You just happened to get an email back from someone with a stick up their a**. They totally could have said the elopement package was for no guests.

It seems that our services are not a fit for you. There are plenty of
"beach companies" out there that use boom boxes for music, non
professional photography, and host "standing" ceremonies with guests;
we are just not one of them.

What is this crap? Why did this person feel it was necessary to write this in an email? They basically are saying they dont want to work with you. Sadly, I've encountered this same thing (in Miami, thats why I thought this company was in Miami)
Shrug it off sister, because this is a blessing in disguise. I'm actually happy when people show their true colors in their first email. Keeps you from wasting your time with them.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

I understand some of the points that the Vendor was making but there are more tasteful ways of saying it.

We don't arrange ceremonies with standing guests. This practice is not only inconsiderate and rude (think about you 40 years from now, at that age, invited to STAND for a full hour - or better yet, when was the last time you were invited to STAND at someone else's wedding during the ceremony?), but is totally inappropriate for a wedding.

Making your guests stand for a whole hour is kinda asking alot. I wouldnt want to stand for a whole hour. But again more tasteful ways of saying it.

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

SweetSunset: I am grateful, I already have another company that I've communicated with, but was looking at other options! I couldn't believe someone would write that to somone who was looking to spend hundred's of dollars with them... I'm still a little shocked!

Dosentplaynice: I don't wnat to stand for an hour either... we want a short wedding, maybe 20 or 30 mins and are only have 10-12 people there! We were originally going to be accompained by FH's son and my sister... My family wanted to come, so we said they were more than welcome and told them some packages didn't include chairs and they were all ok with it. I understand what they were saying, but really??

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

Wow. That was so rude and sounded so harsh. The person was scolding you! That was ridiculous. At my wedding, there won't be a chair for everyone. I was going to rent about 115 chairs for all the guests, but then my future FMIL was telling me all these stories about weddings she's gone to that had people standing or where there were a lot of empty chairs because people chose to stan instead. The rental company even advise against renting so many for the ceremony....he said no more than 60 or 75 is what he'd recommend. Our ceremony will be only twelve minutes and I know plenty of people on my side of the family will prefer to stand so I guess that's not a big deal.
What I'm trying to say is that they shouldn't have scolded you in such a way about making guests stand and assuming you wanted them to stand for an hour. It's not that uncommon for standing guests to be there. What makes it worse is they didn't even seem to want to work with you. After announcing what there other package is, they told you they weren't right for you. What???? Seems like they'd want your money...

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

Wow! There was more than one unneccesary comment in that reply. I think that you should figure out who the general manager is of that resort and report the person who sent that email.... A simple "no we cannot make substitutions in our package or have a standing ceremony" would have been sufficient. How do people like that ever get into a customer service position?!

MaunaLaniBride Posts : 631 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: adrigirl01

Yeah, there was definitely a condescending tone to her email although I do agree with all the advice she gave you. I'm glad you found another company that you are happy with though, it really doesn't seem that the services this person provides meshes with what you are looking for.

I totally agree about the not wanting to stand thing though, every person should absolutely have a chair. Even if your ceremony is only 12 minutes, your guests will be there before the ceremony so they may in fact be standing around for an hour depending when they get there.

adrigirl01 - wow to you for having 115 guests and not providing chairs for everyone. Hope the people that want to sit at your ceremony get there early. Honestly, if I got there and all the chairs were take, I'd leave.

Knot planning bio:  http://tinyurl.com/2od5dr

Knot married bio: http://tinyurl.com/2zatxp

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: MaunaLaniBride

Listen, I was adament about having a chair for everybody, but the fact is, not all 115 will be showing. Nobody except my grandmothers and my great aunts will really want to sit. My family NEVER wants to sit. That is over 250 dollars for between 5 and 12 minutes of use and we are on a budget.
Nobody that's coming will leave for lack of a chair. I know this. We're having our wedding in the same place my family reunion is held every year. Of the sixty people who show up, about ten sit. I argued a lot about having those chairs until everybody around me told me how ridiculous that is.
Most people there are going to be in their twenties or thirties. If they want to leave because they don't want to stand for very long, that is fine. That means they're not close to me and I'll wonder why they were on the invite list.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: MaunaLaniBride

I understand your reasoning for chairs, but I am having 12 people at my wedding and 2 of them are attendants... I talked to my family about this and none of them mind standing. If I were having lots of people where I couldn't ask all of them I would include chairs, but my family understand that the extra 80 bucks for chairs isn't worth it with that company. The new company has offered them to me at 5 dollars a chair and I am considering renting them, but all my family has already assured me that standing is not an issue, considering they are driving 20 hours to see it I don't see anyone leaving because of it.

I was more concerned how this was handeled a simple: No substutations are allowed and the elopment package is arranged for the bride and groom only.... My questions is, what if someone booked that package and showed up with a handful of people, would they not do it?? I just though that it was rude and uncalled for.

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

This is horrible.. I am in Florida please feel free to contact me..

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

BrewerPhotoVideo Posts : 9 Registered: 4/27/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

Funny! Consider it a sign that you don't want to work with the company. Sometimes it's better you find out early rather than waste time with a vendor and then have problems afterward. Imagine if you did have a problem with this company - not someone you'd get much help from. Beach weddings can be small and beautiful whether its sitting, standing, etc. Find a planner who shares your vision and is helpful. Olivier Events is awesome - Ashly Olivier (based in Tampa/Orlando). Sweet as can be and super stylish with ideas!

I've heard the same about Miami...but we take advantage of it so they can be rude all day long! I love working in their hometown. =0)

Congrats to everybody!

Julie Brewer
www.brewerphotovideo.com

Julie Brewer

Brewer Photography & Videography

http://www.brewerphotovideo.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine