Sandals Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

theblackdiamond... Posts : 18 Registered: 11/8/08
Sandals Brides!
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 5:15 PM

Hey ladies,

I'm planning my wedding and selected Sandals Royal Caribbean.

I'm just interested in hearing from any other Sandals brides about the whole process. My wedding coordinator is keeping in good touch with me, but they definitely seem to do things on "island time," and i'm not completely sure what to expect!

I'm fairly low-key, so i'm sure it'll be amazing no matter what... but, I have to say, every month or so I catch my breath and wonder why I got myself into trying to plan a wedding from so far away!

------- 

On June 5th, 2010 I will become Mrs. Ashlyn Brewer!

BrewerPhotoVideo Posts : 9 Registered: 4/27/09
Re: Sandals Brides!
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: theblackdiamond...

Hi Soon to be Mrs. Brewer!

I'm Mrs. Brewer, too. Anyway, we work with this situation a lot and I suggest you just be persistent with calls and emails, but not pushy. Late afternoon might be a better time to reach them than mornings - try evenings as well.

Best of luck! Welcome to the extended Brewer Family!

Julie Brewer
www.brewerphotovideo.com

Julie Brewer

Brewer Photography & Videography

http://www.brewerphotovideo.com

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: BrewerPhotoVideo

Congrats on your engagement! I am have a destination wedding also in Jamaica; however, not with Sandals but with another inclusive resort. However, I think regardless of you have your wedding most brides have the same issues with trying to plan a wedding that is not in their area. My wedding coordinator at the resort is very nice, I email her with any questions I have (all the time, especially when I was doing my budget) and it usually takes her a day to respond. It is a good ideas to forward a list of questions instead of one or two at a time. I have not talked to her on the phone as of yet, b/c now I am doing mostly everything through my travel agent. But after I made reservations and a deposit for my wedding date, I was ready to start planning the details of the wedding with the resort coordinator. However, I learned fast that the resort didn't start planning with their brides until 6 months prior to the wedding date. Once I thought about it, it made since b/c they are constantly working with brides and holding wedding all through the year. My wedding is still basically a year away so there is no rush for them to make arrangements with me now. I understand how you feel though, but I would just advise you to try to get as many of your questions answered sooner rather than later. That way when the time comes for planning you have your ideas and most of your questions answered. But planning a destination wedding is sometimes frustration b/c the coordinators are not always there when you want them to be.

Be Blessed!

theblackdiamond... Posts : 18 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: May 1, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: BrewerPhotoVideo

Thanks for the pre-welcome to the Brewer family, Julie! I'm excited to take on the last name.

FutureSaunders -- haha, thank you! I know I'm definitely overreacting. DWs are stressful to some degree, like you said, but we should both just be glad of the things we DONT have to worry about and that we have wedding coordinators to iron out the details! What part of Jamaica are you getting married in? Have you ever been there before?

------- 

On June 5th, 2010 I will become Mrs. Ashlyn Brewer!

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: theblackdiamond...

Sorry for the late response! We are getting married in Ochoa Rios at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa! I have been to Ochoa Rios before, but it was when I was 16 and I loved it. I had a great time, my aunt took my cousin and I for our birthdays. I know a couple of people who have been to this resort and loved it and my travel agent is from Jamaica, so she knows a lot about the island and resorts. We were originally gonna go with Sandals but some people wanted to bring their kids, so we started looking a other places and we loved Beaches but the cost for kids was more than what our guests were willing to pay!

Be Blessed!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine