Couples resort wedding photography/videography

Online Users: 1,270 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

MichelleRenee303 Posts : 8 Registered: 3/2/09
Couples resort wedding photography/videography
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 6:38 AM

Hi!
My fiance and I are getting married on May 1, 2010 at Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I'm having a really hard time with the photography situation. The resort provides one, but I'm not sure how great of quality they are. Has anyone got married at a Couples resort that can vouch for the quality of the pictures? Or does anyone know of a decent photographer/videographer anywhere in Jamaica that I could hire to photograph and record my wedding? Thank you!

JCBeaver76 Posts : 11 Registered: 2/27/09
Re: Couples resort wedding photography/videography
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

My FW and I are getting married at the Riu in Ocho Rios. We have hired this photographer to do our pictures: http://www.briandesign.com/

Check them out. Does good work and reasonable.

wedding website

tawneytobe Posts : 1 Registered: 10/30/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

I am getting married at CSA in June 2010. The Couples message board for Weddings on their website has been invaluable so far, and there are so many people who have examples of the pictures they got from their photographers. I've heard the best is Stacey Clarke, who is an outside photographer. However, Couples charges a new $500 fee to bring in an outside photographer, on top of the photographer's fee. Hope this helps!

When is my wedding

MichelleRenee303 Posts : 8 Registered: 3/2/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: tawneytobe

Thank you so much! I checked out the Couples Message Board and have found many useful tips. I LOVE Stacy's work, but she's unavailable on my wedding date. I did find a photographer with good reviews that will cover the $500 fee. Thanks again!

BrewerPhotoVideo Posts : 9 Registered: 4/27/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

Hi Girls:
Wedding photography and videography are a personal style issue - don't trust it to just anyone. What happens if you get there and the photographer/videographer is someone with a low-end camera, no lighting equipment or audio equipment, etc? You are stuck and you don't get a second chance. On the other hand, if you hand-pick your photographer based on they style of their work and they have a personality that you know will make your day amazing, you'll never regret it. Destination weddings are usually in fabulous locations that present world-class opportunities for photography and videography. We travel internationally for weddings as do other photographers. Check it out...you might just be surprised at the expense - it's usually not too much more than if you hired a comparable photographer for a local wedding.

Best of luck!

Julie Brewer
www.brewerphotovideo.com

Julie Brewer

Brewer Photography & Videography

http://www.brewerphotovideo.com

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: May 6, 2009 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: BrewerPhotoVideo

Thanks JCBeaver76, I went to Brian's site and feel in love with his work. I hope my date is available! I am getting married in Ocho Rios on April 24, 2010 and I was just gonna stick with the resort photographer. I never thought about looking at outside venders! Good looking out!

Be Blessed!

IslandBrideJama... Posts : 10 Registered: 4/3/09
Posted: May 16, 2009 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

These are some of the best photographers in Jamaica. They are excellent destination wedding photographers. They come highly recommended. http://www.islandbridejamaica.com/vendors/3/photography__video.aspx

Luckwings Posts : 1 Registered: 5/21/09
Posted: May 21, 2009 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

I am a fine art documentary photographer and am open to shooting destination weddings. My rates are extremely well priced. Please view my website at www.luckwings.org and contact me at luckwingsphotography@yahoo.com if interested.
www.luckwings.org

jross52029 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/5/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 10:41 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

I am planning a vow renewal in less than a week. I am using Diana with digital memories. Check her out at www.digitalmemoriescollections.com. I will let you see my pictures when i come back. i really got a good feeling from talking with her and she is reasonably placed.

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

congrats! We recommend Brian Design as well.. he does most of our weddings in the Ocho Rios area. That sais alot when you do over 100 wedding in that area alone a year. Let me know if you need any other help with your planning.. we are one of the top sellers of Couples in the country.

Tammy

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

aleighannpope Posts : 1 Registered: 6/10/09
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

Hi Michellerenee,

My name is Amber and my fiance and I are getting married at Couples Tower Isle in Jamaica in January 2010. Like you, I've had trouble finding pics done by the the resort's photographers and was looing around for other options. The $500 fee is a lot, and was wondering if you mind referring me to the photographer you chose who offered to cover the fee for you. Does he/she have a wesbite where I can view the pics?

Thanks,
Amber

jross52029 Posts : 5 Registered: 8/5/08
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: jross52029

I posted a response to a brides question about photographers in jamaica. We had our vow renewal at Couples Negril. We used Diana Campbell at digitalmemeoriescollection.com. She was very professional. She took well over 300 pictures and a video of the ceremony. The price I paid was just a little bit more than what I would have paid for the resort. Especially since the resort only gives 36 pictures and $7 each additional. Here is a link to some of my photos.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFImIM6N7E

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

Briandesign.com is the best! I have worked with him with so many weddings and his work is awsome. Very creative and worth every penny! Good Luck and if you need anything please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Tammy Levent ( google me)
Elite Travel

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

kelsymartin Posts : 1 Registered: 7/12/09
Posted: Jul 12, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

Hi Michelle,

I noticed your post and wanted to ask if you had considered choosing a "destination" photographer, as they are always willing to work travel into the budget and enjoy photographing tropical weddings. My fiance and I do this from time to time, as we have our own photography business. Perhaps it is something you want to look look into? Best of Luck!!

Kelsy
photography by mccartney
http://www.photographybymccartney.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine