JULY 2010 BRIDES

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 96

brix24 Posts : 165 Registered: 8/3/08
Re: JULY 2010 BRIDES
Posted: Jan 17, 2009 3:32 AM Go to message in response to: mrsTsoon2b

10 July 2010 here. Dress is somewhat sorted, FH is wearing a kilt from his clan. WP chosen, reception and wedding ceremony venues chosen and booked. Colours are sorted, think we know what we will do for wedding favours... we are on the same wavelength which has made things easy peasy (so far).

Cristina1280 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/17/09
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: brix24

Hey ladies, I'm also getting married in July of 2010, we picked the date which is the 17th. I really havent done anything, but I do have some ideas, I've also been looking around for anything that can inspire our wedding.

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 3:16 AM Go to message in response to: Cristina1280

I want to join the chat!! We have decided on July 31st 2010 but that might change IF I can't get a job (I'm studying for my masters to be a teacher). He's still in residency so he has a stable job.

My FH and I keep flip flopping on our decisions... here's what we kind of have so far

Colors: do you guys think its weird to use pink and brown for a summer wedding? We want to go with a modern asian wedding with cherry blossoms and pops of bright pinks... it will be either pink and black or pink and brown.

About 350 guests (not my doing but my parents)

Chinese food: 8 courses of food I probably won't get to choose.

I will have probably 3 outfits. Red and gold chinese dress, yellow vietnamese dress and of course my wedding gown.

and i have a bridal party of 12.. so far ><

It sounds alot crazier than it will be.. I hope.

Minutes before he popped the question!! The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... 

IMG_5926 by you.

"It's best to remember that after the party, it is still just about you and me."

DaishaAndCharles Posts : 2 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: msj2010

I am getting Married July 17th 2010 too!!! I cant wait!

DaishaAndCharles Posts : 2 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

I have a bridal party of 14! I thought it was too many but if you have 12 I dont feel as bad lol

MaKe iT LaST FoReVeR

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: BritnyAnn

We set our date for July 3, 2010. We were excited to get that weekend because I have a few ideas I want to do for the weekend... On the Thurs before we are going to go wine touring because we live in NY's wine country and many of our out of town guests have never done it. Friday would be the rehearsal dinner, Saturday the wedding and Sunday we are going to have a 4th of July BBQ which will be laid back and relaxed. The July 4th BBQ will give us some time to spend with our out of town close family and friends :)

Diva81 Posts : 1 Registered: 10/28/08
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: mrsTsoon2b

I am also a July 10, 2010 bride. I have looked at a couple reception venues and chosen my wedding planner but that is about it. I didn't want to start planning too early and overdose the people around me with wedding talk so early. I am just so excited!

Edited by: Tyronica on Feb 23, 2009 12:39 PM

kaylasch Posts : 2 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsLish

Hi there!
I'm a July 2010 Bride as well, July 31, 2010 actually:)

So, what have you ladies planned so far? Have you booked anything yet? I'm so excited to plan, but I think it's still too far away to be buying the dress and sending invitations!
wedding ticker

hourawn Posts : 3 Registered: 5/8/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 8:48 AM Go to message in response to: kaylasch

I am also a July 17th bride. My FH and I picked that date because we picked a date right in the middle of his parents anniversary and my parents anniversary. The actual date would have been July 16th, but it is a Friday. July 17th is also my mother's birthday, so triple significant. We were going to put the wedding off until July 16, 2011, but my parents have elected to pay for it, so the sooner the better, as we will be moving to North Carolina in 2011. I have not begun dress shopping, and I don't know how soon to do it. My mother wants to do it relatively soon, so she can put part of the money down, then make payments on it. I'm worried of buying it too soon though. Any ideas? I believe I will be having 6 bridesmaids (not sure who will be a MOH) and one of those ladies lives in Newfoundland Canada and another in NYC, so David's Bridal is my choice on those types of dresses. I will be doing red and I believe black. I thought of having the MOH in a black gown with red sash or other accent and the bridesmaids in red with black sash or accents. Any ideas there either? I am so very excited!

firefightersbri... Posts : 49 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: kaylasch

How's everyone's planning going as it gets closer to the one year point? Any of you planning a special prewedding wedding anniversary on the one year to go day? I'm getting excited. My dress already came in and we have most of the big things done. Anyone else have any planning done? Lol, I'd love to hear details about your weddings so far. What ideas are you contemplating?

Coquille Posts : 7 Registered: 8/1/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: firefightersbri...

I'm a July 3rd bride and I'm amazed at how many of us chose that date.... for me and my FH we were going to be getting married on the 24th but when i was going over the plans with my mother, her and I were talking about my aunt's 4th of july party that she hosts every year.... i looked at the dates and i found out that the 4th was on a sunday, well pretty much my mothers side of the family comes to this party and i didnt see the point of them having to come back 20 days later.... so i moved the date up 21 days!!!!!.... My colors are a deep red and a dark blue and a cream color... his one worry with the date being the day before the 4th was that it would looked themed for the 4th... so i went with the darker colors.... our wedding will be on my aunts land.... she has 64 acres most of it pasture land.... but im having the ceremony and the reception there.... it saves thousands on site fees.... we're buying and making the food ourselves..... a few more thousands that would have gone to catering... and my guest list is looking like 200 people!!!!!!!!.... My FH and i are very country so our food is going to be Bar-B-Q but the side of beef is going to be roasted over an open ground spit as will the chickens... so i am having troubles with where im going to be getting a tent.... because my aunt lives in the deep country of southwestern oregon... any ideas????

firefightersbri... Posts : 49 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: Coquille

Lol, I love your ideas. I'm actually also getting married on the third, having the same colors, and having a country barbeque for our reception. As for other ideas, are you going rustic country, Americana, or just casual elegance? Do you want somewhat of a patriotic theme or just the color scheme?

brix24 Posts : 165 Registered: 8/3/08
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 4:44 AM Go to message in response to: firefightersbri...

How are everyones plans going? I think a friend of mine is now going to do my cake (she is a pro) and an auntie will ice my cake (she's done them for years). My dad I think wants to use a classic car he has and he has a friend who has the same car model but in off - white and red which ties in with our theme colours.

I have lost over 10 pounds and 10% bodyfat since January so I might try on my dream dress this weekend again!

I have also started to look at photographers and will speak to the hotel tomorrow about potential pricing deals for out of towners, just to get a ball park figure so people can budget.

Taffee85 Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: brix24

so I can OFFICIALLY join this chat now! We decided over the weekend that we will be getting married July 10,2010. I have the places picked out, but not reserved yet. I have ideas on what I want to do, but don't wanna rush myself and then have nothing to do later on and be so anxious for the day to come that it isn't fun anymore. I just don't know what to do next??? Any help would be great!!

Isolette Posts : 1 Registered: 1/19/09
Posted: May 13, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: brix24

hello ladies I am also getting married in July 2010 on the 24th, I and looking forward to all the planning congratulations to all and happy planning

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine