Can't spend 5K over a discontinued gown!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

MrsK2B2010 Posts : 18 Registered: 8/6/08
Can't spend 5K over a discontinued gown!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 7:04 PM

I found a gown I love, a Pnina Tornai NLLHA, but its $5K, probably discontinued from the origional collection from 2006, and is only alledgedly at Kelinfelds! Does anyone know a great custom gown shop who makes bridal gowns in the grater Northern NJ area?!

cccousins Posts : 5 Registered: 9/26/08
Re: Can't spend 5K over a discontinued gown!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsK2B2010

I don't know where you can go, but DON'T go to Maria Roma in Philadelphia. They make you pay for the sample, and they won't draw you a picture first. You have to TRUST a couple women who have very bad taste. And a dirty store. Just a warning.

Soon2BMrsPorkChop Posts : 73 Registered: 1/1/09
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 3:18 AM Go to message in response to: MrsK2B2010

MrsK2B,

Out of curiosity, I googled the dress and quickly found that someone in London is selling the same dress that she wore at her own wedding. I have no idea of your situation, but if you're really on a budget, you might want to look into pre-loved dresses.

As far as getting a custom dress made, I have no idea how much that would cost, but just be aware that any skilled seamstress is probably going to be fairly expensive. My grandmother used to do weddings before she retired, and even fifteen years ago she was charging a couple hundred dollars for bridesmaids dresses and 1000+ for bridal gowns. Just be careful who you go to; I am always nervous about things like this.

Finally, I'd say maybe try to look for replicas of the dress or dresses you like. They can be a lot less expensive and still high quality. And keep an eye out for Kleinfeld's sales; I've heard they're fantastic and you might get lucky.

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: MrsK2B2010

I just wanna say Congrats to all you 2010 brides! :)

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsK2B2010

I googled that dress and it came up on kleinfeld's website, so it seems to not be discontinued. I'm not sure how far you are from NYC, but if possible you could go there and at least try it on. Sometimes it's easy to fall in love with a dress from a picture, but then you try it on and it's not what you thought.

Also, many of the ladies on here are skilled at finding similar dresses by other, less expensive designers. I'm going to post the picture I found of the dress you listed, but please let us know if it's not the right dress!

Edited by: HLYflute on Apr 25, 2009 4:43 PM

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 14, 2012 4:50 AM Go to message in response to: MrsK2B2010

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4912 is just $359.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine