Thank you Gifts for the Parents

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Re: Thank you Gifts for the Parents
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Why not just get them digital picture frames as well. You could add the pictures to it and if you feel really ambitious, you could also add dates to the picture (or some) that you are adding.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: KLAM

Whoa Whoa Whoa, AOTB...you're moving way too fast for me....I mean I barely know you! What would my husband think? Shouldnt we have dinner first before we move to that kind of commitment? LOL JK

KLAM: I am not sure why I don't get them the same thing. Guess I never really thought about it LOL We are going to the Mall this weekend and If I can't find anything there I think I will go ahead with the digital frames :)

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

Edited by: DoesntPlayNice on Apr 14, 2009 8:51 AM

Posted: Apr 18, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Okay we went to things remembered and found a very pretty photo album! The picture doesnt do it any justice! We are giving all 3 sets the same thing and then going to provide them with a disk of pictures after the wedding so they can print their favorite shots (my photographer gives us a disk with full printing rights!)

Tara Ribbon Double Album
Then for the Groomsmen we got them each a polo gift set...they were on sale. We got double black, blue, and green
Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black Gift SetRalph Lauren Polo Blue Gift SetRalph Lauren Polo Gift SetI am pretty sure we spent way too much on all of our gifts...but oh well

We also got my daughter and my neice a matching necklace and earing set to wear on the day. I am very happy with our decisions :)

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

EegrrBride Posts : 8 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

We were thinking picture frames too - I think we're going to do a nice 8x10 for each and let them pick the picture they want in it later.

Here's my question - are parent gifts just ofr parents who are contributing? We're paying for the vast majority of our wedding ourselves. My mom and stepdad are chipping in about 10%, and FH's mom is chipping in a teeny bit and covering the rehearsal dinner.

But FH's dad and stepmom are not contributing, and everyone knows it (don't ask). So... Do we get them a present?

I'm not trying to be cheap, it's not the money per se. It's rather that I think FMIL might actually be upset/offended if we handed her ex-hubby the same gift we gave her.

I thought about giving FFIL and his wife a smaller frame (i.e. parents who are paying get the 8x10 and we give them a 5x7, or something) but that seems even more conspicuous...

Any advice is appreciated!

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: EegrrBride

If this helps any...only my In laws have contributed to the wedding. My family doesnt manage money well so they didn't have any to contribute.

I bought them all the same gift... I am not sure exactly how the gifting works but I know if I didnt get each of them something I would never hear the end of it. Plus Mothers day is the day after my wedding so its kind of a gift for both days.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

Personally, I don't think parents contribute to a wedding to get a gift, so I don't think that should be the determining factor of who gets a "thank you" gift. My parents contributed literally 10x what FILs did, but we got them both the same gift. We thought their contribution was giving birth to the groom, without whom this day wouldn't be possible. I think it's certainly acceptable to give a bigger gift to ones that contribute more.. we just chose not to do that. Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine