Spooning: are you big, little, both, or neither?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Spooning: are you big, little, both, or neither?
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:40 PM

Do you and your FH/DH enjoy spooning? (When two people lie on their sides facing the same direction, a type of embrace or cuddle). If so, do you prefer to be the little spoon, big spoon, or do you like both? And why?

I was talking to a few girlfriends about this recently and was surprised at their answers, so I thought I'd do an informal poll here and see if there's a strong favorite....

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Re: Spooning: are you big, little, both, or neither?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I switch back and forth but I perfer to be the little spoon.
I like having FH wrapped around me

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 3:07 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I'm usually the little spoon and that is my preference. Feels very comforting; it's also warmer. So whenever I'm the big spoon I'm likely wishing I was the warm little spoon..

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I like being the little spoon. But don't mind being the big spoon either.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I switch back and forth, but when we go to sleep I think I actually prefer to be big spoon....I have always slept with all kinds of pillows or stuffed animals around me so I guess I think of him as like a big teddy bear.

Either that or I might have control issues :)

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Thanks for the responses, ladies!

I'd say my guy and I are about 50/50 when it comes to big or little spoon, and I like it this way. Sometimes I want to feel protected, and sometimes I want to do the hugging. It may also be because FH has bad shoulders and has to switch sides often.

The few girlfriends that I asked about this were all dead-set on being the little spoon all the time, which surprised me cause they acted like it was weird for the girl to be on the outside! My guy friend explained that he felt like there was a monkey clinging to his back when his short girlfriend was behind him, so I wondered if it had something to do with height too, since I'm taller than FH.

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I love the switching, I like for my husband to feel cuddled like a teddy bear, and he loves it, and at times I just want his manly body wrapped around me.

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: facen

I like being the little spoon better but we do alternate some. We lay like this a lot. A lot of times if we are just laying on the couch watching TV will lay like this. I am very small, so its just easier for me to be the little spoon. FH isn't big at all, he's a skinny guy, but average, so when I'm the big spoon it doesn't last very long because its kind of uncomfortable for me. The only time I'm normally the big spoon is when he's sick or early in the morning when I snuggle up to him. We always go to sleep with me being the little spoon, but I must be a wiggler in my sleep because I wake up on the very edge of the bed. I always wake up earlier than FH though, so normally I'll curl up around him and lay there for a little longer if I have time.

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

So I'm going to ask because I'm curious....

Does anyone elses spooing turn into doing the dirty about half the time...It does with me when I'm the little spoon.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

Often, if I'm the little spoon. But for sleeping I'm always teh big spoon, cause I get too hot and can't breathe if I'm buried. We start out with me little, and we either do or don't progress, and if not we eventually, kiss say good night and switch.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

I used to like being the little spoon all of the time, but now that I am almost 8 months pregnant, I like being the big spoon, because the baby always kicks my husband in the back!

Spooning has turned kinky for us because it is a comfortable position for my pregnant body.

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

I like this thread. :)

We switch back and forth on which spoon each of us is. I'm probably the big spoon more often. Not sure which I like better, since I enjoy each for a different reason. It's something we do either when we're going to sleep or when one of us wakes up in the night and doesn't usually lead to lovemaking for us.

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Spoon is such a weird word. Why does it got to be spooning??? why can't it be called Forking?? LOL JK

As far as laying in bed and trying to sleep....we are as far away from each other as humanly possible! He says I am too hot and he moves too much. We do hold hands though and usually our jealous attention whore dog gets inbetween that!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I love spooning. I prefer to be the little spoon but that is a little weird since we are so close in height. FH loves to be the little spoon so we alternate. However, when I want to sleep, I become the spoon in another drawer because I roll to the edge of the bed. I am a pretty restless sleeper, actually, so spooning is good for intimacy but not for sleep.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: brownegirl

I love spooning. I am usually the little spoon because I love to be held. FH always complains that I can hold him too, so I try to be big spoon, but it just feels funny to me. Also it does usually turn dirty for us on weekend mornings since we usually wake up in that position.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine