May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,379

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I'm SOO excited to finally have stuff to post!! I've loved watching other girls post all their stuff and we finally can!! YAY!! So here's some of my stuff!!

My Dress!!

WeddingDress002.jpg Wedding dress image by downeyb29 WeddingDress003.jpg dress front detail image by downeyb29

Bridesmaid Dresses:

The guys Tuxes: FH will have a Diamond White vest to match me, groomsmen will have a champaigne vest, and fathers' will have a Latte Vest, I can't wait to see them all together!!

Centerpiece idea- instead of flowers, we're going to have a cylander vase filled with water and has 3 small floating candles. We'll have light blue and chocolate paper too instead of green

Honeymoon!!! :)
Carnival-cruise.jpg Cruise Boat! image by ladyphantastico

Our reception site- not a great picture, but it's a restored Armory that is amazing inside! I can't wait!

My Shoes!
TORI

My hair inspiration!! We'll see if it can even be done, I don't know if it'll work with my veil, but I think it's just gorgeous!!

The earrings and bracelet I REALLY want!! :)

14K White Gold Diamond & Aquamarine Earrings 10K White Gold Diamond & Aquamarine Bracelet

The Church- it's right next to the Armory!!! No driving!! :)
Kenton First United Methodist Church

Flowers- I'll have mine wrapped in white, the girls will be wrapped in light blue and chocolate. There won't be a bow!

Our "Cake" - We're having Peanut Butter Pie for our wedding pie!! :) I LOVE pie, don't really care for cake at all! So I"m TOTALLY excited! My grandma makes an amazing Peanut Butter Pie that actually looks exactly like this! So she's making that one for us and I ordered several assorted pies from a local restaurant that makes outstanding pies! Can't wait!

Ok, I'm out of pictures!! Can't wait to see everyone elses!!!!

"Come What May... "

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

OK I'll play!

My dress
weddingdress6-1.jpg picture by perkee225

weddingdress1.jpg Back picture by perkee225

Cake

cake.jpg picture by perkee225

Venue
mansion400m.jpg picture by perkee225

lirio2.jpg picture by perkee225

My Hair
hairback.jpg picture by perkee225

BM Flowers

White and blue hydrangeas combined with chocolate cosmos were tied together with chocolate brown ribbon.

My bouquet

Jennifer carried a bundled bouquet of creamy white hydrangeas with an accent of blush pink and large green foliage. The stems were wrapped with remnants of her wedding gown. The bridesmaids carried light blue hydrangeas clustered with a long natural stem ...

Centerpieces; they will vary from table to table, the tall ones will be pussywillows, and all the flowers will be some shade of blue or champagne on charcoal table cloths.

The couple added depth to their reception space with alternating short and tall centerpieces. The tall arrangements consisted of dendrobium orchids in tall glass trumpet vases with crystal accents hung from satin ribbon.

Get lush, luxe centerpieces with a vintage hobnail vase filled with safari roses, hydrangeas, yellow ranunculuses, gloriosa lilies, and narcissus.
Place settings by Party Rental Ltd.; Event design and flowers by Michelle Rago LTD.

Blue hydrangeas added warmth to each reception table.

BM dresses; all in this blue.

Can't think of anything else right now!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Yay! I wanna play!!

My earrings:

My necklace (it will be in the colors of the earrings)

Cake:
cakeidea.jpg cake idea picture by emyfeny
My Dress and Veil:

IMG_0523.jpg wedding dress picture by emyfeny

IMG_0521.jpg wedding dress picture by emyfeny
My shoes:
IMG_0681.jpg wedding shoes picture by emyfeny
Hair Pic:

Bridesmaid dresses only, they will be in navy, not electric pepto pink:
IMG_0569.jpg picture by emyfeny
I don't have pics of flowers and stuff, because the florist and I just designed all of that in our heads. I will make sure to post as much as possible after the wedding though (IN 11 DAYS!!!!)

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

BlissfullyContent Posts : 73 Registered: 1/28/07
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

So I had a bunch of stuff typed and then my page froze and I of course clicked refresh!! Unfortunately I do not feel like retyping everything so I give you cliff notes.... bridesmaids are all in different dresses due to different body types, all in the plum purple. I only had the 2 pics on my computer though.

corin.jpg image by Seikwedding

choc cake with peanut butter icing. and then he wants to do a lemon cake with cream cheese icing he still needs to sell me on that one....but this is kind of what ours is going to look like

TlaquepaqueSugarCallaLillieswedding.jpg image by Seikwedding

I need to find a pair of shoes like this!! If anyone knows of any spill because I don't plan on being in my heels soon after the ceremony :) I need to be comfy

newblueshoes.jpg image by Seikwedding

centerpieces, lotus bowl with three floating daisy tops

gerberacenterpiece.jpg image by Seikwedding

bouquet inspirations colors are purple, orange, and off white

mangoandplumcalalilies.jpg image by Seikwedding

minipicassocalalilies.jpg image by Seikwedding

hair inspriation but I am tempted to find an updo that I like (which is hard) and get another trial next weekend....

47462.jpg image by Seikwedding
actual hair trial

3.jpg image by Seikwedding

7.jpg image by Seikwedding

dress

maggie.jpg image by Seikwedding

maggieb.jpg image by Seikwedding

venue is a country club but we wanted an outside wedding with a close reception. the pergola (gazebo thing) looks nice with draped fabric around it.

pagada1.jpg image by Seikwedding

dancefloor1.jpg image by Seikwedding

I'm kinda bummed the pictures I have of me in my dress are from my cell and are blurry. I will try and find some if FMIL has some. I'm waiting on my cake server and ring pillow....do people actually attach fake rings to the pillow so the little guy is doing his job or do they go down the isle with just the pillow? I love my nephew but I wouldn't put it past him to go rogue that day and run off with my rings :) God bless 4 year olds :)

Have a good night!
Time for bed!

scollins Posts : 4 Registered: 10/13/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Ok, this is my first post, but this looks fun! My theme is an "Southern Grace" wedding. It is at an old club house built for the very wealthy, and it resembles a plantation home. After I purchased my dress, the vibe took a much more formal tone than I previously thought, but I love everything I've chosen!

My dress!

My shoes and my BMs shoes - so comfy and super cute!

I like this hairstyle for me, although my hair is much shorter. I don't think I'm wearing a veil - I couldn't find one that I thought complimented my dress instead of competing with it.

My bridesmaids dresses - I'm obsessed

Hairstyle idea for BMs, although theirs would be more clean and simple.

Can't go wrong with a classic tux

The ceremony and location site - The Ribault Club on Ft. George Island

The cake takes a little imagination - picture light blue background with ivory scrollwork, white hydrangeas on the top, and no blue ribbon.

crystal earrings

I really like these earrings for me. I bought my BMs ones that look like this with aquamarine stones in the middle for a hint of blue.

My bouquet is made of white roses and white miniature calla lillies. My bridesmaids are smaller versions with light blue baby's breath interlaced.

My centerpieces are white and blue hydrangeas in rectangle vases. Clean and simple!

Guess this is a good start! One more month to go!!

Edited by: scollins on Apr 21, 2009 9:43 PM

Edited by: scollins on Apr 21, 2009 9:52 PM

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 3:32 AM Go to message in response to: BlissfullyContent

So I am at work right now and I am just so super excited that I can hardly sit still!! I can't believe I am getting married in 10 days!!

That's really all I had to say right now :)

With you and I defying gravity, they'll never bring us down!

facen Posts : 120 Registered: 11/8/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Congratulations to all, your pics are beautiful!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: facen

Hey Ladies, quick question, well two! haha First, I made a general post about this but haven't received any hits, just wondered where I could get some good jewelry for my BM without breaking the bank. I want to get them something that doesn't look really cheap and fake, but I can't buy real diamonds and such. Any ideas where to get some jewelry? Store? Online? I know I'm cutting it close, if I had to order I would need it to get here fast! Any ideas???

Also, FH and I are still struggling with recpetion music!! What's a good song for the bridal party entrance?? I want something upbeat and energetic, FH and I are going to enter to "Welcome to the Jungle" just the begining part with no words, so we'd need something to preceed that. Any ideas?? What are all of you using for reception music???

"Come What May... "

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: facen

OMG. These pics are awesome. I actually had to take notes before I could reply!!

DAS: Thank you for the compliments! The ceremony will be outside (if the weather is nice):
castleoutside.jpg picture by steffmacmath
If it rains, the ceremony is in here (the art gallery):
ArtGallery.jpg picture by steffmacmath
And the reception is inside:
reception.jpg picture by steffmacmath

Brooke: I love your hair inspiration, and my FH would be so jealous of peanut butter pie, that's his favorite!

Tiger: I looove your dress! The back is so unique!

Mobride: That cake is so awesome and original. I'm sure it will be a big hit!

Blissful: I love that we have the same wedding date and are both doing dark purple!

Scollins: Welcome! And I love your BM dress too!

It's so much easier to not be stressed when you see how much we've already accomplished!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:23 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke - for jewelry you could try jcrew, they have a good mix of sale and regular price stuff. I got my hair pins from this website http://www.amysbridalaccessories.com/index.shtml I thought the prices were okay and they can customize things, but I found they take a while, so you'd have to pay for the rush service to get it in time. I also always like anthropologie and urban outfitters for cool unique jewelry. But if you are just looking for something fun in a certain color, you can't go wrong with Target! Anytime I need earrings in a weird color, they always have something fun.

As for the song, we are having our grandparents walk into Welcome to the Jungle, ha ha! We are doing a different song for each couple, and some of our other songs are Ghetto Superstar, Money (pink floyd) for my parents - ha ha, Bad to the Bone, Time Bomb - Rancid, Hot for Teacher (my friend is a teacher), Flogging Molly, and we are walking in to I Believe in a Thing Called Love by the Darkness. Just try to think of the party's personality, and pick something the represents that. We have a whole mix of rap, classic rock, heavy metal and punk for our intros... but that's who our party is!

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

Brooke - I would ask your DJ what they think would be a good song. We are using the same music for everybody because I couldn't make any more decisions, lol.

Steff - Thanks! I love my dress, it's probably my favorite thing. I love your venue it's really beautiful!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

OMG I forgot about picking differnt songs for that kind of stuff. Hand me a paper bag...I can't breath!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

CEO of E.N.E.M.A. (Enemy Negotiations & Extraction Military Agency) A special Division of P.O.O.P. (People Offended by Offended People)

When POOP can't do it alone....they call for the ENEMA.

Puglover27 Posts : 103 Registered: 2/12/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: DoesntPlayNice

I ordered my bridesmaid's jewelry from Cameo Fashion (it arrived sooner than the 6-8 wks it said it would take). I am happy with it. Plus each piece was boxed in a different color with a ribbon so now I don't have to wrap them.

She is based here in Pueblo, CO. I don't have her link off hand, but just google Cameo Fashion. Her name is Michelle Reid.

MrsLorJesCar Posts : 30 Registered: 3/20/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Our bridal party is walking into "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. Yes, we really are :). We allowed one of my groom's men to pick it and that is what he came up with :). For FH and I to walk in, he has said he wants "Sharp Dressed Man" but I'm sorta torn because (here comes the bridezilla) I want it to reflect me too.

For the daddy/daughter dance, I picked "My Girl" because I do not want to boo hoo all over the place and make a big jerk out of myself. For the first dance, I think we're going to do "Carrying Your Love With Me" by George Strait or "You and Me" by Lifehouse. For the last dance we are doing a little choreographed routine to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gay. We still may use that for the first dance but since the topic of the song is appropraite for what we're goign to do when we leave, it may be more fitting :). For the mommy/son dance, he's still debating but I have recommended "Three Times A Lady." The rest of the music will be full of variety.

On another topic, has anyone had any experiences with people that you have included be really mean and hurtful to you? I almost feel like some people, in my own extended family and even a bridesmaid is jealous enough to make my FH and I feel like we aren't that important. I never knew how disregarded I would feel in the whole planning process. I think there are those who are happy for you and those who are jealous of you. More than not have been supportive and happy for us but there are some who make me feel like their unhappiness is caused by my being happy. Again, hormones are kicking in and I really have no business talking to anyone but I just wondered if anyone else has felt this way.

annakbella Posts : 13 Registered: 1/14/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsLorJesCar

So many gorgeous photos! It is getting SOO close!

Anyone have good, NON-creepy Father-daughter dance songs?? Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the mother-son dance? I currently cannot stand my FMIL but I know it would mean a lot to her. My main problem is that I do NOT want to share my dance with my dad but I also don't want them to have an entire song to dance to...anyone else have thoughts on it?

These are what I have so far as choices:
Teach Your Children Well - CSNY
God Only Knows-Beach Boys
Thank You-Led Zepplin
You'll Be In My Heart- Phil Collins

All great songs but nothing is really pulling me in like "that's the one!"

Also, I'd love to hear what other's have for their songs, I already have picked everything out, but it's fun to see/hear all of the different styles and choices:)

Any song suggestions for father/daughter would be helpful, we are SO close girls, I'm slightly freaking out a little more every day!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine