my dress/Sophia Tolli brides?

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 15

youngbride2b Posts : 24 Registered: 11/8/07
my dress/Sophia Tolli brides?
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 10:28 PM

I finally ordered my dress a few weeks ago. It's Sophia Tolli Y2718 Ashley from the Fall 2007 Collection. I never would have picked it out from the model; she has no curves and it looks bunchy on her, but I absolutely love it and I know my fiance is going to love it because it's unique and it's also a mermaid cut, which he loves. I don't have any pictures of me in it yet because I can't get them on to my computer right now, but I will post when I can.

Are there any other Sophia Tolli brides out there? Were you happy with the way your dresses came out?

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Re: my dress/Sophia Tolli brides?
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Hi! I'm a Sophia Tolli bride as well. I got her dress Violet
I believe its from her 2008 collection, but I don't remember exactly. I loved everything from her collection that came out the same season as my gown. I also fell in love with Julietta but couldn't try that one on, so this was the one! I'm extremely happy with the gown. I haven't done any alterations yet, but I'm taking the modesty panel out of the corset back so you see my back thru the corset and I need it bustled. Your dress is gorgeous! Did you get it in the same color that's on the model? Isn't that the light gold?

wedding tickers

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: audra2013

That is a beautiful dress, audra. It's such a unique sillouette and I love the color in it.

Thanks, I wish I had a pic of me in it to post, though. It looks totally different. I'm definitely not a twig like the model and you wouldn't believe how flattering and slimming it is. It is spun gold, which is basically the same as champagne.

julia1818 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/17/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Hi!
That's a gorgeous dress! I think I might've tried that one on as well...
I'm also a Sophia Tolli bride! I got her dress "Vivienne" from the spring 2009
collection.. I just ordered it so it still hasn't come..
I really like the mermaid cut and was trying to go for that when picking out my dress..
although the one i ended up ordering isn't as "defined" as i would have liked...
here it is.. let me know what u think!..

SDC11533.jpg picture by bebronzed
SDC11536.jpg picture by bebronzed

I got it in diamond white.. the model on the pic below is wearing the regular white..

Edited by: julia1818 on Mar 14, 2009 8:16 PM

MrsJohnson2010 Posts : 37 Registered: 1/4/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 2:25 AM Go to message in response to: julia1818

The first dress I really wanted was the Sophia Tolli "Irene" gown. I love how the bodice is fitted and the skirt starts just below the waist. But it was hard to find shops that had that exact style in stock. And after we decided to have a destination wedding, the dress seemed like it would be too elaborate to carry on a plane!

But here's a rather huge photo. I still think she's beautiful... :)

johnson & johnson

wedding ticker 

laneyliz Posts : 36 Registered: 7/19/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJohnson2010

I am a Sophia Tolli bride too! Mine is "Sarah" from fall 2007. (Mine is white, not the ivory color shown). I don't have any pictures of me in it yet, but here is the pic from the website. I tried on a lot of her gowns when I went dress shopping, they are all beautiful! I keep checking back at her website to see all of the new styles. :-)

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: julia1818

That's a beautiful dress. It's so flattering and I love the way it just kind of wraps around you. Are you getting the color of the one you're wearing in your photos? It's very pretty.

Posted: Mar 5, 2009 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Thank you =)
Picking out a dress is such a hard decision! I've had so many doubts.. It's like I'll look at pictures, fall in love with it .. then change my mind again! lol But the bridal shop just called yesterday, it came in!! Ah, I just need to go pick it up and try it on a final time =) And yeah I'm getting it in diamond white, its diamond white in the pictures of me wearing it however the lighting in the store made the color on the pictures look a little different. Its more of a brighter, silvery color. Kind of like a natural white, or a little off white. The girl at the bridal shop suggested it. She said it would look better in the wedding pictures than the bleach white, that way the beading and design shows up more rather than just blending in with the dress.

Jenn2009 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

My dress is from the Fall 2008 line : Dolce. The skirt is detachable! Im having some changes done in terms of alterations but I just love it. I think all the Sophia Tolli dresses are so interesting an different in the design without having to cover the dresses in excess amounts of lace or beading. ...pretty much exactly the designer I was looking for. Congrats to all the other girls also!!!

Edited by: Jenn2009 on Mar 26, 2009 12:54 PM

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: Jenn2009

Your dress is so gorgeous and unique! =) What kind of changes/alterations are you getting done? Do you already have it or did you order it and still waiting for it to arrive?

BillysBride2010 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/22/09
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Did you get your dress yet? I've got tons of questions. I just ordered mine, but didn't get a chance to try it on first! I had to settle for a similarly styled Maggie dress to try on as the shop didn't have any Sophia's. I wanted this one exactly (the Ashley dress) because it comes in two of my wedding colors which is the Ivory/Spun Gold so I'm dying to see REAL pics of it on someone that isn't a stick. lol

Jenn2009 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: julia1818

To reply to Julia - Thanks so much!
I am having the tulle layered skirt wrap around to the front and be detachable on the waistline there as well. So I will be able to wear a full tulle skirt, only tulle in the back (as pictured), or no tulle at all. Im also chopping the chapel train off the satin dress underneath since it is an outdoor wedding and removing some minor beadwork around the waistline because I prefer detail in fabric over beading and lace (thats just me though :) It should be arriving this July but I've already gone over the game plan with the seamstress. - jenn

Edited by: Jenn2009 on Mar 26, 2009 12:56 PM

LoveTulsa Posts : 1 Registered: 4/20/09
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Wow! I am also wearing the Ashley by Sopia Tolli! I love the dress! I'm glad you also love it! Don't be disappointed- your wedding is first and I found your post while searching for another bride wearing Sophia Tolli because I was in love with the same dress!

Our wedding is September 26. but my wedding is outdoors at the lake and then the reception is in a tent. I'm wearing it with a tiered veil with just a little bit of crystals on the very edge. I haven't found shoes yet, though. It was the millionth dress that I tried on, but the only one I thought my future husband would appreciate as The Dress, rather than just A White Dress. I can't wait to walk out across the grass in this dress!

I wish I were able to find more information on this talented designer and I really wish she would create a ready to wear line for Sak's or Barney's... or with her own label! I don't care, I just want to wear her dresses every day!

I hope your wedding day is fantastic!!!!

Em

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: julia1818

you girls must all have more money then I do :)

They are all very pretty and the different alteration some of you are doing sound really cool

marleyandme Posts : 1 Registered: 12/1/09
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: youngbride2b

Hi! The Sophia Tolli Dress, "Ashley" is my wedding gown too! It's absolutely gorgeous. I'm soo excited.
What colour are your bridesmaid dresses? I'm thinking of gold for mine.

Edited by: marleyandme on Dec 1, 2009 12:12 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine