Grr Arrrg

Online Users: 1,368 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Grr Arrrg
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:19 AM

Sooo I love my FH more then anything but he just drives me a little nuts and I needed to see what you guys think about some of this.

So right now my FH is in school and working HOWEVER he is only doing both part time he currently has 2 classes and he has one class 3 days of the week then generally works 2 days both 8 hour shifts.

I am working 40 hours a week. I don't go to school but I do my part around the house like taking care of the dogs and most of the cleaning that gets done.

So I get home from 8 hours on my feet at work and because the FH has been studying for the day he gets upset when I saw I'm tired and don't want to have to walk both the dogs and ask him to take one of them out. He says that I should try studying and walkinig the dog every two hours...

Now am I being ridiculous that this bothers me? I feel like we work atleast equally hard. I don't know it just seems unfair.

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Re: Grr Arrrg
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

I don't think you're being ridiculous. As a college student, I know studying can be time consuming, but unless I'm studying for an exam, it doesn't seem like too much trouble to take a break and walk a dog. Just my thoughts though.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: adrigirl01

Yeah, I agree with the previous poster. Studying can be rough some times before an exam, but a short walk for the dog should be a welcome short distraction to clear the head. Sitting at the desk for hours at a time isn't condusive to actually learning whatever it is you're going to learn. Gotta clear the head every now and again, and every two hours sounds about right.

And by the way - I think that you guys DO work equally hard. When you consider 10 hours/week for each of his 3 credit classes, that's 30 hours per week, then add his work hours in and it's about the same as what you work. I think school is a bit more stressful than a job, if it's the kind of job that you just clock in and clock out, but I don't think that's a good enough excuse to leave you with ALL the house work!

For example: for the last 3 semesters I really hadn't been working too much, like 10 hours a week, and I was taking five 3 credit classes while hubby was working his wonky rotating schedule, usually between 40 and 48 hours per week. In this instance, we were splitting the house work pretty much evenly. Recently I started this part time job on top of my school schedule (dropped the only 10 hour/week job) and now i'm trying to work close to 30 hours per week instead. He has way stepped up on the housework until I graduate. We had lots of discussions about this before I took the job to be sure he understood that it was going to be a committment from both of us for these crazy few weeks (only two left. lol).

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Thanks for the input girls. It was really bothering me the other night and it's has been on and off since he started school. He just seems to belittle what I do for us.

I'm just glad to know that I'm not overacting too much.

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

Men will be men. I work 40+ hours a week which are 24 hour shifts, I go to class full time which right now is mon and wens from 2-9:30 then next month i'tll be tues and thurs 9-6. I've got a dog that he CONSTANTLY asks if i've seen that day and a cat who DEMANDS attention like he is right now... I clean the house, do the laundry and now if i'm off on fridays I mow and weed wack... Oh race season started up so i'll be working this friday at the motorcross event and then i'll be starting most thursdays after class (RIGHT after) to work at the dragway.

Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done and try not to fuss over who does more. If it starts to bother you try to sit down and have a calm talk about it. Let him know you need help. I have to do this once in a while. But for the most part I enjoy staying active. I'm trying to lose weight and it all helps!! (you'd be amazed how much it works your arms to do yard work!!!)

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: LilTuffGirl

We fuss about this all the time because we both work full time (I'm interning so I have to work for free for school credit) and I'm finishing my degree. Sometimes you just have to push them to do it. I bugged FH about dishes for three days! We take turns but it gets rough when guys just don't think.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

dannysbabydoll Posts : 28 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsL

I work 50 hours a week at Pizza Hut. I sure your thinking how can that be hard? 8 hours aday 6 days a week, well it pretty much sucks, my FH is always asking how I can be tired, and wants me to, in my spare time whitch would be from 9 to 2, clean up and cook. And I dont have time for that. In that spare time I pay all the bills and do some cleaning but I cant do everything.
I totally understand where your coming from though.

"Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts."

William Shakespeare 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine