Target Registry

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

AmandaLynn1 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/11/08
Target Registry
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:06 AM

Hello. I am looking forward to registering very soon. I would love to register with Targets Club Wedd because Target is one of my favorite stores and they have a large variety. I remember hearing about a year ago that people had trouble with them because of their return policy. I looked around online and couldnt find the return policy for club wedd specifically. Has anybody used Target lately?

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Target Registry
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

They made me jump through hoops but because it was on the resgistry they were able to pull it up and return the items for me. My big problem was they didn't take items purchased off the "available" list! I ended up with 3 toasters and 3 rice cookers at the same shower!! I would be interested to see if they worked out their problems!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

as of the baby shower I went to in December they had not resolved the triplication issue. Granted, I think they might update daily and everyone did buy their gift the same day (one of them bought the item ... but not the exact one on the registry.... like she got it in green instead of blue, so it would not have registered as purchased anyway.... I think she may have done that because they were out of blue.... wonder why.... could it be because two had been bought that day?)

Misty

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I was told that they update the registry "instantly" and that "they must not have told us it was on your registry" Umh--nice try Target but, no. These ladies ALL told them it was on the registry, and all were scanned... 6 ladies couldn't ALL be wrong! LOL Plus not all of them showed up on my "registry purchase log" so they did TRY to hassle me. I ended up getting store credit on 2 toasters because they were under the $70 without a receipt limit...

AmandaLynn1 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/11/08
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

Thank you ladies... I will definately need to get some more info before I decide to register with them!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

I definitely would NOT register with Target. My friend registered with them for her wedding and they will not acccept any of her items to return because she had already returned 2 items this year without a receipt. I would definitely go somewhere else! FH and I are registering at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:07 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I've heard the same things about Target. Plus, they change stock often and half of what's on your registry can be out of stock by the time the event rolls around.

Macy's worked very well for my daughter. First of all, it's all over the country, so it was good for OOT guests. You can register for individual items (e.g. knives, cookware) and they will let you return them and get a set instead--saving money, earning credit, and even getting extra bonus pieces thrown in.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: AmandaLynn1

I'm still going to register with Target. I love that store, I've never had a problem with them and I have had returned items before WITH a reciept. Whoever didn't have a receipt that's their fault. I love their prices and I wouldn't want my family to spend a lot of money on gifts from Macy's (that store is very pricey) and also Bed and Beyond can also be pricey. I also like Target because it has a wide range of things; from electronics to cookware to clothes to candles to lawn supplies, everything! I think I will take my chances with Target :-p

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Whoever didn't have a receipt that's their fault.

Um, no, if someone gives you a gift and there is no receipt or gift receipt included, that is NOT your fault.

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: myra

i dont know about your stores, but the one out here, they always ask you if you want a gift receipt with your purchase, unless it's like a candy bar, lol...

We registered at Target and had no problems - we went there, Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys. Our Macy's registry was a bust - no one bought anything off it because they're expensive. Most our gifts came from Target (we got a good chunk of our registry) and BB&B or elsewhere.

Friends since December 1997, together since December 2006
September 13, 2008 I legally became his and he became mine.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

MovieBits - your source for reviews, news and more!
www.moviebits.blogspot.com

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Only two people gave us the gift receipt with our presents....they figured they bought it off our registry, WHY would we want to return it?!

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

My bridal shower was yseterday. We registered at Target, and we got a BUNCH of duplicate things (blenders, apple slicers, can openers, food storage caontainer things). I assumed everyone was shopping at the same time and that's why they didn't know some of the stuff was purchased. But if lots of people have this problem... maybe not...

When I go to return my duplicate things I'm gonna be TICKED if they don't let me though!!

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

I registered with Target and had no problems at all. We only got a few duplicates and they let me return them.

I used to work at Target (it has been a few years), but I believe when I was working there, if we scanned a registry for an item you had purchased, there was a gift recipt printed automatically.

I would be careful with Macy's. Not everyone has a Macy's near by. Until about a few months before Dh and I got engaged, there wasn't one near us.

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: BreAnn

I don't have a Macys, Target, or Bed Bath & Beyond nearby, it's at least a 2 hr drive.

Yes, my town sucks.

His4life Posts : 117 Registered: 4/7/09
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

A lot of people set up registries online too, and it is convenient for your guests as well that might not live near one of the stores you register at. I am personally not going to register at Target, I have had quite a few bad experiences with returning things with them and I am not ever impressed with their customer service. I have also been to numerous wedding/baby showers where the person registered received duplicate gifts and they always had a hard time returning or exchanging them. I am going to register at bed, bath and beyond and possibly sears. Either way we will have a large variety of gifts in different price ranges to accomodate anyone's budget that wants to give us a gift.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine