DW Help!

Online Users: 1,344 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Alix309 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/24/09
DW Help!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 7:15 PM

My FH and I would like to have a DW but aren't quite sure how to go about it! I know there are places like Sandals but thats about it! I've been trying to read posts and have seen that people get Wedding Planners and just pick the hotel of their choice. We know we want to get married on a beach but everything else is pretty much open. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on location and how to go about it all!

Thanks! :)

[W]hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

scarolinagirl Posts : 27 Registered: 3/11/09
Re: DW Help!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: Alix309

Girl I was there about 2 months ago! So completely confused. First you need to decide where. We are getting married June 2010 in Jamaica at Sandals Negril. They have a wonderful wedding plans and times. They will pretty much do whatever you want. We are using Jennifer at VIP. She has been so much help. She is even doing our Save the Date Invites. Let me know if you have any questions.

MichelleRenee303 Posts : 8 Registered: 3/2/09
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 6:18 AM Go to message in response to: Alix309

Hey congrats!
Ok so I have your lifesaver, and I mean that.
www.destinationweddings.com
We got engaged in Feb and knew a DW was the route we wanted to go, so I did some research and found this site. My wedding coordinator seriously helps with EVERYTHING. It's been barely 2 months and I already chose and booked our resort, booked the time and date of the wedding, sent out save the dates, and received emails from the resort's on site wedding coordinator. Everything's coming along so smoothly! We chose Couples Sans Souci resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, but there are so many options out there. Let me know if you have any questions!

Michelle

foreverurs Posts : 31 Registered: 10/1/08
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: MichelleRenee303

I totally agree with Scarolina girl. I love VIP. We have used Jennifer and I am amazed with her "celeb" status that she always gets back to me and really gives me the good/bad/ugly info on resorts, no holds barred. I also have peace of mind knowing this is a nice sized company where if she is not around, someone there can help me in case of emergency!
Scarolina girl--where did you decide to get married? I have been out of the loop on here and know you mentioned lots of places. I looked on VIP's DW wedding page and don't see you listed yet!

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: Alix309

We decided on a destination wedding too. I knew I wanted to get married on a (warm) beach, so I started looking online for ideas. Hawaii was too expensive and would take too much of our time off to get there and back. I'm not a huge fan of California (no offense to anyone). We didn't want anywhere too far away (no more than 1/2 day flight). So that pretty much narrowed it down to to the Carribbean. I decided on the US Virgin Islands, because it's a US territory - therefore, we don't need passports and we don't have to worry about the marriage not being legal in the US. We're getting married on the beach in St. John and renting a private cabin for the honeymoon.

www.mywedding.com/Leaver2010

kateo Posts : 18 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

We were looking for a small wedding as my husband and I are both older and just wanted close friends and family there... so we went more crazy with the budget to go somewhere a little different. Decided on Jade Mountain in St Lucia and I'm so glad we did - it was amazing! We spoke to Hilary at : www.adestnationwedding.com - who specializes in luxury DWs only - she was great and really shopped around and haggled for us... So all we really had to do was show up!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: May 7, 2009 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: Alix309

Do you really want a DW or just a beach wedding? Because you could go to a local beach if you have one. That's we ended up doing. If not, just have it at the nearest one. Hows your planning coming along?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine