Colored Shoes

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 29

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Colored Shoes
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 5:20 PM

So, I'm looking for honest opinions...I have been planning on purchasing dyeable shoes for the wedding and dying them fuschia. I have a pair of shoes now, but I think I'll be buying different ones. I planned on still dying them.

The more I think about it though, I'm unsure if dying them is the right thing to do. I keep imagining walking down the aisle, and at first I thought it'd be cute/interesting for a little pink shoe to peek out of my dress, but now I wonder if it's not really "elegant". We aren't really traditionalists, however, my dress has a good amount of beading and is all white. Kinda flashy and I don't know if pink shoes just would look that great.

What are your thoughts on colored shoes? You can give me opinions on mine specifically if you want to. I'm going with Alfred Angelo dress, #1807. Please, please be honest! I really wanted this at first but am now doubting myself!

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

briony Posts : 75 Registered: 2/9/09
Re: Colored Shoes
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Shauna, I love the idea of colorful shoes! I plan on wearing blue shoes, myself (for my "something blue").

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

If it makes you happy, go for it. But, if you are unsure, I would ask one of your bridesmaids or whoever is going with you to the fittings. If they do not carry dyeable shoes, you can ask the bridal salon people too. Mine was very open and honest with me. Do not ask if you are at DB because they will try to sell them to you regardless.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

It's pretty pricey to dye your shoes, you may want to check into that. I wore leopard print shoes and they were perfect, went with my theme, and my BM's and photographer loved them. I don't think anyone else saw them. It's what is going to make you happy in the end, if you want pink shoes, get pink shoes.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

LilMrsSunshine Posts : 195 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

I agree if you want pink shoes WEAR PINK SHOES!!!! I wanted orange shoes and everyone loved them. I honestly feel like weddings end up being alot more for you guests than for you so if all you get out of the day besides a new husband is pink shoes...then go for it!! Here's a pic of mine. I ordered them from zappos then took them to a local store for dying. Total was bout $90!! They were oranged and matched the orange bouquet I carried.

MRS P 04.04.09

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

I love your shoes! They are gorgeous. Nice choice!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

i dislike colored shoes. i agree with the thought that you had about them not being elegant. it's just a preference thing and i thought i would state my opinion. definitely i think it is fun to push the envelope of fashion in a different setting, as far as weddings go stay on the classy side especially as the bride

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

Love the orange shoes. To the OP, the orange shoes should give you a pretty good idea of how a bright fuschia will look. Bridal shoes certainly do not have to be white or ivory. If you have any doubts, perhaps go with a softer, less shocking pink--a bit of a compromise.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:21 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Thank you all for your opinions. Also, thank you so much for posting the orange shoes! They look great with your dress and just give you and the dress more...character. Your dress is definitely gorgeous too.

I think I'm still going to think about it. I considered why I suddenly had a change of heart and I think it had to do with the shoe I first liked being closed toed and just overall had a lot of material. If I were to go with a sandal or open toed shoe, maybe it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I'm going to go with that for now and see how I feel with it.

I did check into the cost of dyeing as well, and it's about $15. Not too bad if it's something I really want.

Thanks again!

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

By the way, these are the shoes I have now:

And the shoes I'm considering instead:

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I love the second pair. And then, no matter what you choose to do with the color of the shoes you always can show off your shocking fuschia toe nails!

Edited by: myra on Apr 20, 2009 1:19 PM

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: myra

LOL! Myra :) Thanks for the chuckle. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I get my pedicure!

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

I'm wearing hot pink shoes with my dress. It's alfred angelo #1963. Our colors are hot pink and black, and although I have a black pair of shoes that I just bought that I LOOOOOVE, I'm still gonna wear the hot pink shoes I got the month FH proposed. Because I love them. Everyone that has seen my try on my dress with the shoes have said "Are those the shoes you're wearing?!" and I say yes, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has said "oh my gosh I love it. You never see anything like that. How unique." It's also very ME though. I've got simple tastes and I make the simple things POP with a bright color somewhere else. So, my white dress and pink shoes will definitely fit me. If the hot pink shoes will fir you and your style, go for it

I love your dress by the way. Gorgeous.

Darice Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Since you seem a bit doubtful yourself, I'd say don't do it! The fuscia sounds a bit "loud", and might compete for attention in your pictures. If you want the fun of the colored shoe, maybe you could opt for a different pair of shoes with the bright color for your after-wedding activities....if you're having a dance or a party-type reception, that could be a really fun bit of dazzle. And it would be a great reason to have a slightly lower heel so the night doesn't leave you with sore feet . Best wishes!

Solothea Posts : 1 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Colored shoes are fabulous!! I'm gong with red myself. Our wedding colors are red, white and black so it fits with the theme. I don't think colored shoes are tacky at all! And yu will really be able to show them off on the dance floor.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine