September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 4:21 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

B2B, honestly, I really really like the one from David's Bridal much, much better!!! I just think it has more "flavor" to it, more charm, more interest!! The first one is just too plain for my taste...but that's just me. Let us know what you decide, hon!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Not sure about your physique. I'd say the David's Bridal one seems a lot more forgiving. For example, in the first dress, I am sure it would fit me day of...but I would not be eating....not before the wedding. Not at the reception. It seems like it would show every bite I took.

The David's one seems like I'd be less self-conscious wearing.

Now... as to look -- I prefer the LOOK of the first one, but I'd feel better about myself in the second one. This is just how I'd feel in the dress.

Have you tried either of these dresses on?

Misty

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I'm with CatStandish on this one. The dresses are completely different from one another. So if I were to get the 1st one I would want to jazz it up by having a necklace with my wedding colors in it maybe finding shoes with my wedding color and a bracelet. However the 2nd one needs nothing it is lovely on its own

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I definitely think the DB dress is a more attractive/appealing dress all together, but I am partial to dresses with some lace detailing because I think it is so feminine and pretty. I agree too that it would be more "forgiving", there are few people that can pull off those close fitting silk gowns and I am sure you are one of them but I just don't think it screams "wedding". That's just my opinion though, you should go with your gut instinct and which dress you like most and feel you will feel comfortable in because that is all that matters in the end, you will look beautiful regardless.

I can't believe that we are less then 6 months away!!! AHHHHH! You know I've been engaged since Jan 1, 2008 and I've only just now kicked it into high gear and really started to plan things. We had our location reserved 9/19/08 so that was the first big thing we did. Then the girls ordered their dresses in October, and I ordered my dress late January. We picked out our caterer end of last year too and I signed the contract for them. Other then that I've done nothing until the last couple of weeks!! LOL

The guy who did our engagement pictures slashed his price in half for our wedding and is just giving us the CD of high res images (Thank God!) so that is a huge relief off my shoulders now.

I hired a guy to be our DJ from one of the local car forums I go on for $450, that's a steal! another relief!

I hired a bartender to serve beer and wine at our wedding... $25/hr... another relief (just have to figure out how i want to purchase the alcohol)

The girl who cuts my hair regularly, I absolutely love and adore her, she is sooo wonderful!! She happens to do beautiful wedding hair too so that is a big relief!!! I'm happy I'll have someone who I trust regularly with my hair to do it on the biggest day of my life :o)

I've picked out wedding favors, but I'm still trying to figure out general decor. I think I want to do tall standing bowls of some sort with submerged or floating roses and floating candles with some votive candles around the bottom. I wish I could do full floral center pieces but that is too pricey. I'm thinking about having someone in my family or my bridal party sew some teal table runners for me because the places I have found that rent them want like $10 a runner!! are you kidding? I wanted to do like a criss cross over the round tables with the runners, so that would be $20 a table! I figure I can make them cheaper then that. I'm just facing the challenge of finding teal fabric in the right shade of teal (darker more soft teal.. the dessy group teal).

I still have to find a florist and a bakery. All of the bakeries I've checked into so far want like $6+ a serving for a wedding cake, I think that is outrageous, I don't want anything extravagant, just a simple design with maybe rolled fondant. Arg....

Still need an officiant....

Still need FH to talk to his Dad AGAIN about paying for our honeymoon :o( My Dad has paid over $5k for our wedding so far handling the location, food/drinks, and my dress. I figured it was only fair his Dad help us out too. I mean we just bought a house in October, we are tight on our budget. We shall see.

I need to find a flower girl dress, basket, ring bearer pillow, guest book, you know that little stuff....

ahhhhhhhhhh......... lol

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hi Ladies, thank you so much for the advice. I ended up going with the DB's dress. It just felt so much more bridal, and fit perfectly. The Ines fit alright but was a tiny bit too tight and so I either would have had to lose a few pounds before then or had the dress altered out a tiny bit. Either way it really wasn't something I wanted to do and the DB's dress fit so wonderfully.

With that decision FINALLY done I am now working on finishing my registry (I know for having been engaged for so long I'm ending up doing a ton of important stuff here at the end).
When is my wedding

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

YAY B2B!!! I'm sure now that you have made that decision, that has to be a weight off of your shoulders!!! And I thought it was absolutely beautiful, too!! And you're not alone in the registry thing...FH and I have been engaged since Jan of 08 (as well as another bride on here recently said too!) and I'm just now getting to the registry part. But if you were like me, you started out strong on a really big "high", hit a low around the holidays and are just now getting back into it again. At least that's the way I've been....but back on my high! Woo hoo!!! Soooo glad you're happy with your choice! You are, aren't you? You didn't really say looking back at your post.....

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Oh yes :-) once I went back to David's Bridal and tried it on again I knew I was making the right choice. It makes me feel like a bride.

I definitely feel off the "wedding horse" during the holidays, and now I'm back on...which is a good thing since if I didn't get back on soon I think the wedding would run away without me. Funny thing is that I keep having nightmares that only those things which are currently done were done and the wedding is the next day. In each of the dreams one thing always seemed to be a MAJOR thing that wasn't done and I would go out soon thereafter and get that one thing done - first dream the rings weren't done (done now), second dream - no dress (in the dream my MIL ended up bringing her dress up with her from TX and I wore that..and of course miraculously it fit though of course that never would have happened in real life since my MIL was a size -0 when she got married), and then last night - no BM dresses or invitations (so the girls ended up wearing their own clothes and I called each and every guest and told them when & where to go)...we're ordering the BM dresses May 1 (they're already picked out just waiting on one BM who JUST had a baby to feel comfortable enough to allow a seamstress to measure her) and I'm making the invitations soon...I swear.

I thought I'd leave you with a picture of the dress (with me in it) so lets see if I can get this to work.

When is my wedding

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Oh my gosh thats so funny I had a dream just like that on monday. My dream was my mother in law waking me up asking what the hell I thought I was doing standing her son up for our wedding and that I needed to get the the salon now. Than I was in tears and by the time we got to the salon I realized I didn't have the food or much of anything really done and I was freaking out and than fainted than when I was about to wake up in the hospital I woke up due to my dang dog barking.
I so hope that I don't have that nightmare again. That morning I woke up and started to finish my invites and did a bunch of wedding stuff I was so stressed out.

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Hello Ladies. I havent been able to post in soooo long! Things have been crazy with losing my job due to the economy and my mom abandoning me in the wedding process. I just looked at my counter on myspace and was like OMG! We are under the 5 month mark now! Then I started freaking out. I know how you ladies feel with the dreams/nightmares. Ive been having some odd dreams myself for the past 2 months. Ive had dreams where I stood the groom up, our location was moved for the ceremony and no one ever told us, that our reception ended up being double booked and we had to deal with a whole other wedding. And more that I cant even remember right now!!

I do have a question though, we are working on our wording for the invitations so we can order them and we have no idea how to list our parents. His parents have been great. They are paying for the rehearsal dinner and will also be contributing to some other part of the wedding as well. My father is going to be paying for half the reception and my mother is paying for the other half. Well, here is our dilemma. My mother REFUSES to be there for me. She had a fight with my MOH and is very mad at me for not taking her side. My mother wanted all say in planning my shower and she is not paying for that. My girls are hosting the event and I feel that they should be planning it and they were trying to include my mother and her ideas and suggestions. My mother did not like that at all and wanted free reign and it caused an issue. Now she wont take part in ANY part of the wedding planning. She has already paid most of her portion for the reception and is giving us the rest, but will not be there for me emotionally at all. She is NOT attending my shower and is trying to get her side of the family not to come as well. As for wedding decisions, she refuses to help me with anything, so now we are working on the invitations and we dont know if we should have it read "Bride and Groom with their parents" or include all parents by name. What do you ladies think?

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

I personally have never really gotten along with my mother the way that mother and daughter should get along and because of that I didn't want to really want her to be apart of anything. Than I realized this is a one time deal it's not like you get married everyday. The least that I could do is make my mom feel like a part of the wedding and make her feel like she is helping. So with that said I would word the invites however you were going to word them before things got bad. I think weather your mom comes to the realization that this is your wedding not hers or not that you should be the bigger person and include her however you had planned. just remeber that you can't go back and change things once it is over and you don't want to have any regrets. Hopefully your mom will realize that as well.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: FallBride91909

Also if you go to this website it has great wedding invites wording samples. I thought it was great and used it myself.

http://www.invitationconsultants.com/sw-wedding.aspx

NewMrsVelino Posts : 144 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Hi Ladies - this is my first post on this thread. I was wondering if there was a Sept '09 thread out there somewhere and here it is!

Anyways, thanks Necolei for posting that website for the invitation wording. It helps me a lot as I have no idea how I'm going to word mine. I haven't even started looking for invitations yet and thought the other day that I better get cracking on that as we don't have too much time left. I was just wondering how many of you are making your own and where you found the materials or program to make them yourselves?

The only thing I have left to do is get my BM's and MOH to purchase their dresses, decide what I'm doing for invitiations, meet with the caterers to go over what we're going to choose as far as food, bar, etc., and I need to meet with a florist and get some quotes. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go with silk flowers or real flowers as the only flowers I need will be the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages.I thought I'd be more stressed than I am but I seem to be doing ok so far. I'll probably get more stressed the closer we get!
When is my wedding

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: NewMrsVelino

Welcome MrsVelino!

We're getting close, huh? We have an appointment at our venue this thursday to hammer out all the details. Menu, timing, etc. We were supposed to meet eith our florist last week, but she had to cancel. Actually, I think it works out for the best because we'll be seeing if our venue has any centerpieces that we can use. I have a 4th BM now, but she has already ordered her dress. Whew!! FH and I need to figure out what we want for our rings. Well, I know what mine will look like, but he needs to figure out if he wants his to match, ir if he would prefer just a plain band. I keep telling him that he needs to figure it out soon!! LOL.

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Apr 26, 2009 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

You do! And hopefully you won't run into the Ring Saga that my FH and I have. We ordered our wedding bands on NOVEMBER 15, and still do not have them. (that is the extremely short version)

Misty

FallBride91909 Posts : 88 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Thank you very much for that website! I started to look at it today but dont have much time, but I have already found some great verses that I LOVE!! So a big THANKS to you!!! I also agree with your advice. Honestly, I guess I just needed to hear it from someone outside of everything. I dont want to do anything I'll regret and thats why every time I actually get to talk with my mother I have asked her to help me with something or tried to get her advice. Unfortunately, she always changes the subject or will say you know I want no part of this. But I guess if I just do things as originally planned then I can at least say I put 110% effort to keep her involved. Thank you again!!!

"When you figure out love is all that matters after all, It sure makes everything else seem so small." - Carrie Underwood

9/19/09 I marry my other half, my best friend!                       www.mywedding.com/ashleybrian

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine