Catering My own Wedding........

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 36
Re: Catering My own Wedding........
Posted: Jun 5, 2007 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i actually have everything under control lol... i have been planning this for a couple of months now..... THANK YOU QUICKBOOKS AND THE FOOD NETWORK!!!! lol

Our Wedding Website www.mywedding.com/kevinandshandamiller

xNikkiHeartsMikex Posts : 341 Registered: 2/19/07
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 6:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Catering your own wedding can be very expensive and stressful, yes.. but for some of us and for me especially, the food is very important and worth the extra effort. I'm a well known food lover in my family, especially given my profession. It wouldn't be "me" if I just had a simple beef, chicken, or vegetarian meal with rice or potatoes and then a dinner roll. Everyone knows I'm crazy about food and the only way I'm going to get the quality of food I really want is if I do it myself. It's going to save us quite a bit of money, mostly because I already have my supplies, etc etc, and in the Culinary business the time it takes to make things is what makes it expensive, as well as the raw food cost. 

Anywho I know it'll be stressful but my guests will be getting a four star meal and that's what matters to me.

As for finding my servers, if the friend I hire to oversee the kitchen on my wedding day can't find anyone, I'll probably hire a wedding coordinator anyway and I'll ask her for direction on that. That or I'd take out a small ad somewhere asking for people with references to apply for the job and offer an hourly wage and maybe a free dinner or something. I can then screen whoever applies and go from there.

imghttp://www.tickercentral.com/view/7xoe/1.png[/img]

Krissy3781 Posts : 279 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: xNikkiHeartsMikex

Good luck, ladies!  My hat is off to you - I'm actually a pretty good cook but there is NO WAY that I could take all of that on.  I'm totally impressed.

Posted: Jul 6, 2007 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Krissy3781

ticker test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10101;6/st/20070822/e/I+Marry+My+Irish+Prince%21%21/k/462f/event.png">>

nvr mind!!!

Our Wedding Website www.mywedding.com/kevinandshandamiller

Message was edited by sm822 on Jul 6, 2007 4:05 PM

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jul 15, 2007 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am going to cater my wedding--with help, of course!! As of now, we're going to have a barbeque--a roasted hog (or two, I have to talk to the meat market people about that), potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, stuff like that. And since I do want some hot dishes, I'll probably order something like macaroni and cheese or scalloped potatoes or something like that from a local resteraunt. We're also going to be supplying our own beverages. My FFIL has some friends who are going to help with cutting up the hog and doing other barbequing things, and he and my FMIL have a friend who used to do catering so we're going to hire her to be in charge of the food the day of the wedding. The nice thing about our site is that we can get in the day before to set up and make sure all the food is there way ahead of time. But it's going to be a LOT of work, because we're expecting around 240 to 300 people. Yikes!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;0/st/20080712/e/My+Wedding%21%21/dt/-1/k/11ec/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Kathie45 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/15/09
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am doing the same thing trying to cater my own reception Im thinking of something on the simple side roast beefw/ mushrooms & gravy garlic herb chicken baked ziti rice pilaf mashed potatoes veg medley and of course there will be some apps for cocktail hour

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: Kathie45

I'm catering my own reception as well. However after sitting down and seeing all the work that a full meal would be I chickened out and am having a dessert reception (with appetizers & tea sandwiches) but pretty much everything I can make ahead of time (or buy at BJ's) and those few hot items that we'll be serving I'll be using sterno trays for. Since we're having it at a friend's farm there is no set time for the festivities to be done (though we will be setting off fireworks @10:30 so my guess would be that a lot of people might leave after that) so luckily the food & drinks will be able to stay out and should allow people to pick at them all night long.

I definitely commend those of you catering full meals, it is a ton of work.
When is my wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine