Question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Question
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

Texas.... if your question is about cake, that's a pretty valid one. I'd say your DJ has it wrong, as it does NOT make sense to serve dessert before dinner (although... it does guarantee you'll have room for dessert, so maybe he has a good point. My FH and I went to dinner a couple of weeks ago, and ordered a triple berry tiramisu as our appetiser. It was yummy...light and less expensive than a standard appetiser AND we got to have dessert. Sorry...that was OT.)

In some circles, it is considered rude of a guest to leave a wedding reception before the cake is cut. Therefore, it is rude to save it too late. However, it seems like before dinner is served is TOO early too. I would think you'd probably want to serve it about half hour after dinner concludes.

Now....if you want to know if you should tell your FH that the rock of the ring he got you is way too small, and makes you feel like he doesn't value you, or if you can ditch your MOH because she just announced she's pregnant and will be due any day near your wedding, the advice you'll get will be VERY different. My feelings on the MOH would depend on the reason you want to ditch her. You're worried about her health.... well, have a chair up there for her to sit on. I guarantee your guests will think you're a very considerate bride who treats her friend with respect. But at the same time, if you know she's having a difficult pregnancy, you might want to let her know that you love her and if she feels she can't do it because of that, you'll understand. You want her there, but you want her to know that if she feels like she needs to step out, you will still love her and won't take it personally. But if you just think she's going to look like a blimp in your party and she won't fit in with the other girls and won't be able to wear the same dress....well, then, we're going to tell you that you're a selfish brat <G> and pretty much insinuate that we're grateful we are not in YOUR wedding party.

But do not pretend after the insult you started out with that you really were interested in asking questions. If you're truly new, then you don't know why we're making fun of some of these incidents -- hang around and you'll see some amazingly thoughtless acts--and really should think about it before being offended, maybe read more than one post to get an idea of where we're coming from. However, if, as I suspect, you're not new, you know this -- because you're feeling the sting of something stupid you asked.

Misty

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

Umm, who the hell do you think you are? Seriously? Having 2000 or more posts or meeting your DHonline is "creepy?" Why is it creepy? for someone claiming you dont like mean-ness, you certainly are making an awful lot of judgements. how about you tell us who you really are- which regular poster are you - because I dont buy for one second that you are a brand new poster that just happens to be this freakin angry. Thats bullshit.

You know - if you had just simply asked the questions you posed after your tirade - the ones about cake cutting and DJs etc , you would have seen that people here are extremely helpful and nice. We also dont put up with people coming in out of the blue to insult us by making blanket statements like you just did. This type of post is certainly not the best way to make any friends on a message board. You are being ridiculous.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

You know Kelley, I missed the rip on those who met their FH/DH online.

OP - HELLOOO!!! I met my DH online. so forget you. I don't give a flipping rip about your opinion and I refuse to justify myself to you. Anyone who wants to know how we met and how we progressed, I'll share.

But OP - you aren't worth my time or effort.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I guess someone heard our rants about the site being boring these days!!

Yay keep it up! :)

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

oh man...I must go home and tell my husband we are total losers because we met online. Dang...I thought I was getting cool points for that.

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

When I was a virgin and thinking of having sex the first time - I did talk to someone about it. A close personal friend whom I trusted. I didn't ask hundreds of total strangers who have never met me to help me choose something as intimate as lingerie or describe what sex feels like for the first time.

No one would have called names for your cake question, because it is something that the average person might be able to shed some light on, unlike if you should wear a teddy or bustier for the first time you have sex.

And lastly - some of us have over 2,000 posts because we have spent a lot of time answering questions of people who didn't know something or were curious about when/how to do something.
If everyone on here had less than 100 posts, no one would know what to put on invitations, where to register, how not to invite kids, how to "fire" a pregnant bridesmaid, if they should tell off an overbearing mother in law, when to cut their cake or what to wear on their wedding night. So perhaps you should try to look at things from another angle before calling people "creepy".

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Edited by: Bride2008 on Apr 14, 2009 10:13 AM

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

OP, should be commited to the wacko ward for being a bride for the first at the age of 41 and meeting my dirty old man husband on line who was 48 when we got married? Should we just put our name on the waiting list at the retirement center instead of buying our 1st house together?

Oh yeah, when I was in 'prime' the only way to meet someone was in a bar, church, grocery store, friends. There was no such thing as social networking in the late 80's into the early 90's. Am I weird?

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

OP for the record I have never ridiculed any one who chose to save themselves for marriage. While it was not my choice I have no problems with someone making that choice for themselves.

As a matter of fact I do not ridicule anyone unless they come onto the boards with some incredibly stupid post such as this. If you come on the boards with a first post like this trying to blast someone well then I might decide that you are fair game and respond accordingly.

Your social skill leave a lot to be desired did you perhaps meet your FH online too? I find it shocking that someone would actually want to seek you out with your nasty atitude.

I am confused am I creepy because I have 2000+ posts or am I creepy because I am someone's old wife, I would imagine I am not creepy for being over 50 since I have not yet reached that age although I don't think it is creepy and I am looking forward to being 50. My goal actually is to live to be a healthy 100. As a matter of fact I do knit would you like me to knit you some booties? That is usually my gift to babies.

I have friends both on and off the computer, I just happen to work at a computer so I have time to get on brides while I am work. When I am off work I have a very full life with my friends both on and off the boards. Are you perhaps jealous that my friends were not so friendly to you? I can guarentee they still won't be so friendly after this little rant of yours.

Now if you had come on to the boards as most people do and asked your questions. Instead of coming here wanting to be a diva. I am sure you are someone who had a stupid question such as what do I do about my MOH who won't take the day off from work, or maybe the MOH who wanted an apology from the bride after she screwed up and we didn't validate you in your selfishness and stupidity. Oh well, such is life.

You have provided me with a few chuckles as your true self and now as this new persona, feel free to stick around maybe you will find us helpful or maybe not most people do, but either way I enjoyed your contribution to the community.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

OK this it totally kinda off subject, but I really wanna know:

How is meeting a stranger online any different than meeting a stranger in the grocery store?

Either one could be a serial killer OR the perfect love of your life.

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I dunno why, but for some reason this post reminded me of the verrrrrryyyy young bride's FH getting on here and telling us all to screw ourselves. bahahaha

Where's my popcorn?

And just for the record, if I had a problem marriage wise, I wouldn't ask someone who had only been married for 2 months. I'd most likely ask someone's "old wife." Just my thoughts though...

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

OP- About the cake, I would say serve about 30 minutes after the dinner starts being served. Do before dancing time.

Regarding the virgin thread, no one chastised the OP.

Regarding this thread, delete your original post and try again. Look up, speak nicely, and don't twiddle your fingers! Turn out your toes. Curtsey. Open your mouth a little wider, and always say 'yes, your majesty'!

The lunancy of this thread deserved an Alice quote.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

Well Texas, I'm not 50, I don't know how to knit, I didn't meet my husband online and I don't have 2000 posts. I did however get herpes from being a slut. I got herpes because I listened to the advise of 50 year olds. If it weren't for their miserly advise, I would have gotten HIV and Hep C instead. See how it all works out if you just listen to people smarter than you? Did you recently move to Texas from Maine? Just wondering. Have a blessed day Clown hat, curly hair, smiley face.

MisterKelley - Now specializing in Trainwrecks and Jackassery

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 1:57 AM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

Well Texas.I am one of the younger wives on here. Personally while planning my wedding, the best advice I got was from those "old wives" that have 2000+ posts. Who has the time to care if someone has over 2000 posts or how old they are? Really? PATHETIC!

If you really had a question about cutting a cake, put your big girl panties on and post it. Its the internet, if you got a "rude" comment hit the 'X' at the top of your screen!

Married Since December 27, 2008!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: TexasBride9509

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine