Dumb Just Married Q & A

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27

brownegirl Posts : 523 Registered: 10/14/08
Re: Dumb Just Married Q & A
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hi Ladies, I'm not married yet but I've gotten some crazy questions myself. FH and I were together for 8 years before he proposed and so the favourite question was "When are you getting married?" I think we used to be asked that more than usual because we were members of a christian youth group and most of our friends among that group married off at around 21. It used to piss of FH so much because he felt pressured by them about something he already was anxious about on his own. We still get that question from people we don't see that often. Now FH delights in telling them our wedding date. I just laugh.

I sometimes get the baby question too. They ask me when I am going to give my mother some grandkids. I love kids but I am not ready yet. I think it is unfair for people to put that kind of undue pressure on people.

Sweettea83 Posts : 8 Registered: 9/21/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

This post cracked me up. I'm not even married yet, and I've gotten the baby question. We were at a family birthday party literally a month after we got engaged and one of my aunts, in front of my ENTIRE family, asked how many kids we wanted to have. Seriously? I was at a loss for words... I told my dad how odd I thought that was and he said the next time someone asked me that all I needed to say was "16". lol
I love him not just for who he is, but also for who I am when I'm with him.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

The "how does it feel to be married?" question is the same as on your birthday when people ask "so how does it feel to be _____(insert age here)?" Um abuot the same as it did yesterday. NO DIFFERENT.

Now if DH and I never met prior to our wedding maybe it would feel different to be married or something? I don't know the logic behind that question.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ4Life wrote:The "how does it feel to be married?" question is the same as on your birthday when people ask "so how does it feel to be _____(insert age here)?" Um abuot the same as it did yesterday. NO DIFFERENT.

That is another one that I'm getting right now. My birthday is tomorrow so I've been getting "So how does it feel to almost be 25?" and I know tomorrow I'll get "so how does it feel to be 25?!". Not looking forward to it. Anyone know any witty comebacks to that one? Haha...

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

Here's a witty response"

"F you"

;)

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Ah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. LOL.

I wonder how they'd respond if I just said "looking forward to that colonoscopy later".

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

nearlymrsn Posts : 25 Registered: 11/7/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

To the age question of how it feels to be 25, I'd have to reply, 'Squared'. I am a math nerd, proud to admit it. That answer always leaves people looking at you like you're a little off balance, but that's because they don't get it.

I told a friend of mine who is a single mom and was afraid of what people were going to say when they found out she was pregnant to reply, 'I don't understand how it happened. Can you explain to me how people get pregnant? I never learned about that in school.' That usually shuts people up pretty quickly.
Nearly Mrs. Nierling

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: nearlymrsn

nearlymrsnierling wrote:To the age question of how it feels to be 25, I'd have to reply, 'Squared'. I am a math nerd, proud to admit it.

Love it. LMAO. Yay for the math nerd!

~~~~~~~~

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

OMG the baby question is a constant. And the further i get in my marriage (currently married almost 10 whole months), the more frequent the question becomes.

Q: When are you going to have a baby? You're 28, dont wanna wait too long!

A: Umm lemme think. OH YEH, when my husband and I have a few more pennies saved up and we are in a HOUSE. I thought the responsible thing to do is to sorta/kinda PLAN for kids. Get off my back cretin!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

nearlymrsn Posts : 25 Registered: 11/7/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

Yeah, the only reason I'm looking forward to my birthday this year is because I get to be a prime number again. Last year I was a cube, next year a prime, but 28? There's nothing really interesting about 28.
Nearly Mrs. Nierling

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

LilMrs, I couldn't agree more with the how was the wedding question. If your lame ass couldn't show up, and/or RSVP, you don't deserve to know.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Oh, we saw someone who RSVP's and didn't show up the DAY after the wedding. They asked what we were doing in St Pete. DH said ' getting married'. Their response was 'congrats'. That's it. We were both dumbfounded.

wedding ticker

Wedding pics at www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I would have been so pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine