Is anyone getting married at city hall???

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

flaahowa Posts : 32 Registered: 3/24/09
Is anyone getting married at city hall???
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 6:05 PM

Hey my fiance and I are recent college graduates and we have just found jobs so unfortunately we can not afford a big wedding. So we have decided to get married at city hall. I still want the day to be very special. I was just wondering if anyone else is getting married at city hall and what I should wear. I was also looking for suggestions to make the day special I still want to feel like a bride!!!!!

MrsJohnson2009A... Posts : 6 Registered: 3/25/09
Re: Is anyone getting married at city hall???
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I will be getting married in the court house, too. This is my second marriage and my fiances third marriage so we don't want anything big and we are also moving soon after we get married so we need to save money. But, Im looking for a wonderful, simple, and casual dress, and I have my eye on a couple from Davids Bridal. Its your day and you can wear any kind of dress you want. Im going to have my kids dress up as well so Im going to make it into the wedding that Ive wanted just on a smaller scale. So go ahead and have the wedding and the dress you want it's you and your FHs special day that your remember for the rest of your life. Good luck : ) Keep us updated!

bella24 Posts : 24 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I'm getting merry by court in 25 days!!! I'm planning on wearing an elegant simple dress. I'm gonna get merry by church too next year that's why we wanted to do something simple. were planning on doing a dinner party at my parent's house with the family and our friends. something casual..

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

My husband and I weren't married at city hall, but we did have a ceremony, just the two of us on the back porch of Mobile Marriage. I had just moved from Canada to USA 5 days before so there wasn't any time for wedding fixings. We had a second ceremony almost a year later with guests and a cake etc. We did a few things to make it feel special as this route would not have been our first choice, but it was a better option than me being deported. lol. Here's a few things we did

1. We stayed overnight at a nearby resort. We checked in the night before so I was able to go to the salon and have my hair done in the morning
2. We rented a limo and drove around for a couple hours after. We knew we wouldn't need a limo for the second ceremony so this didn't seem to be a huge extra expense
3. We went down to the hotel bar after in our wedding gear. It felt a little weird to not have any friends and family with us but the people who were around were congratulating us and buying us drinks and no one said "Hey you losers, don't you have any friends?"
4 We brought our iPod and speakers so we still had our first dance. It was just the two of us and in a hotel room but it was a dance.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJohnson2009A...

Aww thanks for replying it is so good to hear that the day can and still will be very special!!! I wanted to buy a long dress but I didn't know if I would look silly or not. I love the Galina collection at davids bridal but I also found a long strapless dress by Jessica Simpson that is long and much more affordable. What dresses have you looked at??

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: bella24

Sounds nice, only 25 days you have to post pics!!!!! I hope the day is special :)

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: flaahowa

I got married at the JOP home!! It was the most beautifulest setting ever!! i took 99 bucks on my dress paid the fees for the JOP he already had a suit and shoes spent 11 bucks on my shoes rings together were about 580 spent 15 on my tiara and veil from ebay and then had a honeymoon in Myrtle beach for about 300 bucks(includes gas hotel and fun stuff) so yes it can be done and still look beautiful. Doesnt matter where and how much money you have all that matters is youre marrying the one you love!!

wedding countdownDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
http://www.mywedding.com/thejosephs

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine