Fancy, but Too Big

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

brooklynbride2010 Posts : 2 Registered: 4/11/09
Fancy, but Too Big
Posted: Apr 11, 2009 10:48 PM

Hi

I've found a dress that I love, but it's at least two sizes too large. My measurements are 30 1/2--25 1/2--33. The dress is 34-28-41. It is a lace A-line, strapless, has a lace up corset in the back and extra ruffles/lace on the sides and the train. Can a good tailor take in that much without changing the shape? I'm hesitant because of the ruffles/lace on the side and train, as well as the large difference in hip measurement. I'm also 5'4, so it will need considerable hemming.

Thanks so much for your input!

adrigirl01 Posts : 287 Registered: 10/2/08
Re: Fancy, but Too Big
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: brooklynbride2010

Well, that is a question that only a tailor could answer. However, have you already bought the dress? If not, call around to other boutiques and see if they carry it in a smaller size or if they can order it in your size. Buying a dress that fits is the best option. If you do already have the dress, consult with your local tailors and ask for there input.

Stephy77 Posts : 109 Registered: 9/2/08
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: adrigirl01

If you haven't bought it I would find out what salon in your area carries that designer go in, get measured and order it in your size. If that is not an option bring a picture of it with you to other places and try on similar dresses. Good Luck!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: brooklynbride2010

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine