When/Did you cry on your Wedding day?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
When/Did you cry on your Wedding day?
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 12:46 PM

LilMRSSunshine's story made me think of a post.

Did you cry on your wedding day? When?

I cried about 3 times on my wedding day. I never thought I would. I thought I was strong. I immediately started tearing up when I was told that Richard forgot my wedding ring at the condo. I didn't know what to do. The women in the family all tried seeing if any of their bands fit my finger but none did. We decided to use my e-ring for the ceremony instead and Richard put my wedding ring on when we got to the condo that night.

(trying on rings to see if they fit)

I really cracked when I was repeating our vows. I was fine and smiling but when I had to talk, that's when I lost it.

I teared up again during the toast we gave to everyone towards the end of the night.

So what's you story?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: When/Did you cry on your Wedding day?
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I am usually a huge cry baby and I thought for sure I would cry on our wedding day. My DH ended up being the one who was teary-eyed. I was cool as a cucumber. LOL.

I did bawl the next day because I was so relieved the wedding was done and then I bawled the day after that because I thought we were going to miss our flight for our honeymoon.

Just Married...9.20.08

Formerly BenjaminsBride 

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

For some reason ill get all emotional and teary when im watching a movie about a dog - I cry everytime i see My Dog Skip (that dog looked just like my old dog I had for 14yrs, only brown patches instead of black) and I even got teary eyed at the end of Bolt! This is why I haven't seen Marley and Me yet because I know I'll cry.

For some reason though, I don't cry at other events - funerals, weddings... nada!

It was funny, like BenjaminsWife, I was "cool as a cucumber" on wedding day - so were my mom and MIL (well mom was a bit of a basket case that morning, but that's another story - by the ceremony was she was calm and normal again). FIL was our officiant and mentioned, when talking about DH, about the bond DH once had with his late grandmother who passed a few years back, DH started choking up and getting teary (BIL, the best man, was wondering why FIL brought that up, as it's like an automatic way to get DH to tear up, lol... he said he knew once dad mentioned grandma, hubby was gone!). This caused my FIL to get all teary. I'm standing there with both of them crying wondering what I'm supposed to do, lol... I had never seen DH cry before so this was a first for me. MIL said she looked over at my mom at one point, and daddy's sitting there crying too - MIL said she was like "whats wrong with this picture? all the men are crying like babies and us women are calm and relaxed, lol..."

Friends since December 1997, together since December 2006
September 13, 2008 I legally became his and he became mine.

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

MovieBits - your source for reviews, news and more!
www.moviebits.blogspot.com

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

We got married in my pastor's office after church on a Sunday and I did cry but I laughed too. My pastor knew I was getting deployed and asked us if we wanted the "long version or the short version" and we said short. (because we knew we were going to do it again in front of our friends and family) so our vows were litterly "yadda yadda you don't need that blah blah....do you Amber take travis...."

So I cried but I laughed too....so now we are going to clear up our vows by actually saying vows LOL Travis keeps trying to sneak the "honor and obey" in there but my pastor said no unless I agree to it LOL

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I didn't cry and didn't think i would. I just had the goofiest, cheesiest grin ever. However my DH teared up and sniffled when i was coming down the aisle & during the ceremony....I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! It must be something about a man that cries because my bridesmaids went on and on about how they couldn't hold back tears because he was crying.

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 3:29 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I was crying while he was saying the vows!! He didnt cry but I kinda wanted him to
wedding countdownDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
http://www.mywedding.com/thejosephs

Plunger Of the Offended in P.O.O.P~"People Offended by Offended People"

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky, my favorite picture of you at your wedding is the one where you are both at the altar and you are crying. I don't know why but I LOVE that picture. You look so in love!

I know I will cry at my wedding. I get teary eyed just thinking about walking down the isle, seeing FH for the first time, saying our vows, and the father daugther dance. I don't want to cry though. I HATE it when I cry! My eyes and nose starts running sooooooooooo much! I'm gonna have to carry tissues or something. But when I read the vows I get teary eyed and when I hear my father/daugther song I get teary eyed because the songs means a lot to me.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

ssorens Posts : 92 Registered: 8/21/06
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I didn't cry at my wedding. I am also not a "cute crier". My husband teared up during the rehearsal the night before, which made me tear up. I teared up three times on our wedding day. First, when I saw our flowers...they were amazing & I did not know exactly how they were going to look ahead of time. The 2nd time was when my mom first saw me in all ready to go & she started to cry. The 3rd time was during the best man's speech/toast.

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: ssorens

I'm not a cute crier at all! So I was actually hoping that I wouldn't cry. But I did. I cried when I saw DH all dressed up when I met him in the sanctuary to take pictures. And I teared up during the ceremony but I'd pretty much gotten it all out of my system at that point. :)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah - thanks. that's why I was crying. I was just overwhelmed with emotions and I just felt so much love for him right then....geesh...lol...

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I cry for most things, sad movies, funerals (even if I dont really know the person) and when DH does something sweet for me but I didn't cry for my wedding, I teared up when I repeated my vows but no full on tears. DH on the other hand was a mess. He started crying the minute he saw me and didn't stop through the whole ceremony and it made all the groomsmen start crying, the bridesmaids never shed a tear :) Its the only time I've ever seen DH cry and I thought it was so sweet. I wish I had a picture of it.

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I thought for sure I was going to cry like a baby the whole day. But I didn't not once. I cried 2 days before because my mom and I were hanging out one last time before I got married and we made each other cry. Its funny because even now I cry when I see weddings on TV or read about them on here.

I couldn't even pick out 1st dance song, or father daughter dance song without crying. My mom had to pick them out 2 weeks before the wedding. I can't believe its been almost 6 months, I might have to watch the video again.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I started crying right before my dad & I went down the aisle. You see, DH & I got married at my mothers family church (my parents, my 2 sisters got married there, my great gradfather help build the church and we burried my grandmother & some of her sisters from the same church). Also my e-ring stone was the stone from my grandmothers wedding right (on my dad's side). So right before dad & I went down the aisle I said to my dad "do you think they are all here with me", meaning both sets of my grandparents, and he said yup, so I took a deep breath and we started down the aisle.

I cried down the aisle, my dad was tearing up too, when I got in sight of DH, he was tearing up too. I was fine during the our vows.

Then when we got the reception I was talking to my FIL, he was crying and I was crying and said to FIL that I would take care of of DH (somewhere in the back of mind that FIL was waiting for DH to get married before he could pass on, and sure enought a year and half later he passed away). We have an awsome picture of FIL & I together crying & holding hands.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky* I know everybody has already said it, but that picture of you and Richard at the altar is amazing. You look beautiful! When I cry, I am disgusting. So here is to hoping that I don't crack on my wedding day, because it is not a pretty sight! I am not normally a crier however I can see myself crying while saying our vows and then maybe during a toast or something.

surferbabe825 Posts : 12 Registered: 1/13/09
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

I'm a big cryer. Well only when I watch movies or shows mostly. I cy at everything. LOL Anyways on my wedding day I was fine all day except my father in law kept trying to talk to me and asking me if How was I doing and everytime I had to walk away from him because I almost started crying everytime. Then ask I was getting my hair done my father in law came in with a present from my FH. It was a note that he wrote me in the last page of our 1st scrapbook. The minute he walked into the room I started balling. and then he started crying!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine