A little help with fairy theme if you will?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

MeaggieDear Posts : 5 Registered: 4/8/09
A little help with fairy theme if you will?
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 1:12 AM

Hey guys. The theme for my wedding is A Midsummer Night's Dream mixed with a little bit of asian. . . But as is- The little bit of asian I've added to honor my fiancee's heritage is making my Midsummer Night's Dream theme hardly noticable. Do you guys have any ideas of how I can bring my theme to life a little more? I am having two girls as the ring bearer and flower girl. I'm debating putting them in wings. Has anyone ever heard of bridesmaids wearing wings or would that be totally tacky?

nimnimsgirl Posts : 28 Registered: 9/19/08
Re: A little help with fairy theme if you will?
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: MeaggieDear

I've seen flower girls with wings, but never bridesmaids. I don't know how well your bridemaids would react to having to wear wings either. Why don't you add fairies to your centerpieces or some of your floral arrangements (aisle pieces, bouquets, etc?). What kind of asian touches are you putting into your wedding? That might help us come up with ideas of how to incorporate fairies more.

It's the little things that bring beauty to life...

http://scrapsoflife.dreamhosters.com

MeaggieDear Posts : 5 Registered: 4/8/09
Re: A little help with fairy theme if you will?
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: nimnimsgirl

Cherry blossoms, paper lanterns, and small things like orgami swans and fortune cookies. I was thinking about buying the garden statues of faeries too. I just don't want to make it tacky. I'm getting married and having the reception in an Arts Guild if that helps any.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine