MOH gifts

Online Users: 1,310 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 9

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
MOH gifts
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 8:42 PM

So this weekend I went to visit my MOH in NYC (she lives there) and our intention was to look for jewelry for the girls in the party. Well, I finally decided on what I liked (very inexpensive..the place was having a half off sale) and headed to the check out counter. My MOH then came up behind me, pushed me over (not meanly) and told me she decided a while back that she was going to pay for the jewelry. I felt honored that she did that, but I don't know what to get her in return. The necklace and earring sets was going to be their gifts from me at the rehersal dinner. Now I need something extra special for her. I just have no idea what to get her (not for the rehersal dinner, more for like an extra thing to thank her for all the help and time she's given to helping me out with the planning and stuff). Any and all ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Emily

Emily & Tom

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Re: MOH gifts
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

#1, you shouldn't have taken your MOH with you when you were going to purchase her gift.

Now, as for the gift, I'm personally not a big fan of the jewelry for bridal party gift thing. To me, it seems like something that is still for the benefit of the bride. However, I understand that it is the most common given and totally acceptable.

For my gifts, I plan to get each girl a bag with the title Maid of Honor, or Bridesmaid and their name on it. (This is mostly because my MOH is CRAZY about these bags). I may add a jacket or long sleeve shirt (it'll be cold when I get married) with Maid Of Honor & Bridesmaid written in rhinestones on them because once again, MOH is dying for one. I'll have to check the price on that though. Then in the bag I plan to purchase a large bath/spa kit thing. I once received one and I absolutely LOVE it. They are huge and come with a ton of stuff, plus the basket they come in can be used for decorative purposes. They each have individual stuff in it. The one someone got me for Christmas that gave me the idea came with bath soap, beads, gel, house shows, loofa (sp?), bar, scents, candle, decorative soap dispenser, and a ton of more stuff...for just $20-30!! I'll pick out which scent that I think each girl would enjoy most.

All of my party are girly girls, so they would enjoy this. What is your MOH into? Does she like animals, nature, nice dinners, etc? If she enjoys going out to eat you could buy her a gift certificate to her favorite place. If she enjoys gardening, maybe a nice garden set. If she likes sports, tickets to her favorite team. If she is an artsy gal, maybe a nice paint set.

I am also a full believer that you should include a nice thank you note with the gift personalized to each girl.

Edited for spelling

Edited by: WinterWonderlandBride on Apr 6, 2009 9:53 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Dear Mrs TLC,

President Obama gave the Queen of England an iPod last week.

You could do the same! Order it from the Apple website, and get it custom engraved. If that is a gift good enough for a President and a Queen, it's good enough for your maid of honor.

(I loooove my iPod.)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Why AOTB.... that's the second time I've seen you advise that.... are you working for Apple<G>? (kidding. I know AOTB is not a vendor)

Just so you know, apple has a refurbished section and you can get really GREAT iPods that are refurbished for a LOT less. (And if you get them off of eBay... buyer beware, there are a LOT of fake iPods there being listed AS actual iPods. And they are not compatible)

Misty

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 1:00 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

Why not schedule a day before pampering for you and her at a spa. Even just a manicure or pedicure would be nice.

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 7:57 AM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

Thanks everyone for the ideas. The jewerly is for them for whenever they want. They may or may not choose to wear it for the wedding. 2 of them are still in high school and could wear them for prom or homecoming in the fall or for graduation. Had I not taken my MOH with me, seeing as she lives there and knows these hole in the wall places, I probably would have gotten lost. The spa day sounds like a great idea. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Emily & Tom

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

I was going to do a whole spa thing for my girls...but i changed my mind.

I my 2 girls Digital Photo Frames. The one i got was at best buy and it was really nice. I paid about $80 each. They came with 3 different "frames" a remote control...and when you rotate the frame from horizontal to verticle the images automatically change. I wish I would have bought one for myself.

I found these gifts practical especially for one of them because she is going to have a baby in a few months and i figured she would want to display pictures at work or something

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsTLC

I got my MOH a snow globe and engraved her name and "Maid of Honor" on it. I also got her a "gift bag" full of stuff like lip gloss, picture frames, a robe from VS and stuff like that. She loved it.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Dear Misty,

"Why AOTB.... that's the second time I've seen you advise that.... are you working for Apple<G>? (kidding. I know AOTB is not a vendor)"

Snicker.

No, I'm not an Apple saleswoman. I am just an iPod fanatic.

I was so excited when I heard that Pres. Obama gave one to the Queen of England!!! Totally cool!

They say he's the "Geek In Chief".

PS: I just got an Amazon Kindle, and love it, too!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Geek if Chief...she's adorable...

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com