Help!! I have to lose 50-60 lbs!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

courtmaybride Posts : 1 Registered: 3/19/09
Help!! I have to lose 50-60 lbs!
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 2:53 PM

Please help me!! I have to lose 50-60 lbs before May of next year! (2010) I need the best way to do this and with the most toning possible since I do have baby weight from my EEK! 2 year old daughter. Scary, I know. Please help me figure out a diet plan. The only thing thats ever worked is Herbalife but it's so expensive and I'm trying to save for my wedding!! I appreciate any help!! Thank you!!

When I met you, I just knew.  You were what I wanted for the rest of my life.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: Help!! I have to lose 50-60 lbs!
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: courtmaybride

Is this weight loss needed for medical reasons?

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: courtmaybride

That is a lot of weight to try to lose in a little over a year, but I'm sure you aren't interested in a lecture about healthy or not, so here is my advice.
When I finally got serious about my weight for health reasons I found www.sparkpeople.com with google, and for the first time in my life I am within the healthy weight range for my height. It is a lot like weight watchers in the sense that you track what you eat and how much you exercise, just no points, meetings or fees. There are message boards though if you want to talk to people in your area or maybe find a workout buddy. I know it's frustrating when you don't see big or fast results, but if you can stick it out you really stand the best chance of keeping the weight you lose off. For me the smallest changes in food and exercise really helped, like start bringing your lunch and go for a quick walk instead of always going out to eat. Order side salad instead of fries when you do go out, stuff like that.

I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on your wedding I'm also a May bride, just of this year instead of next

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tragedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: MoreThanExpected

MoreThanExpected: I'm on sparkpeople too and LOVE it!!! Great job with the lose!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks Mrs.Pinkey!

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tragedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: courtmaybride

I would suggest joining a gym. Many gyms have offers for the personal training staff... it maybe like the first couple free. Some other suggestions I have is watch what you eat. I don't believe in strict dieting and starving yourself. What I mean by watch what you eat is watch your sugar intake. Make sure you look at labels... sugar hides in everything so even when you think you are eating healthy it could be loaded with sugar. Another thing to watch is your startches... try switching to whole wheat/grains pastas, breads and stay away from potatoes.

As for working out... work your way into getting into shape. In order to lose weight and tone you'll want to do some weight training in addition to cardio. Do light weights high reps (3 sets of 12-15 reps). For cardio work your way into it... depending on the shape you are in you won't want to over do it. Try for 30 minutes to start and work your way to 45 minutes. This doesn't have to be done all at once. Split it up. Another thing that helps me is I were a pedometer so I know how much movement I actually am getting a day. You'ld be surprised how that in itself can be a motivater (or a slap in the face on how inactive my job is!). Here is a sample workout I do:

45 minutes eliptical

Weight training:
bicep curls
triceps- I use the rope on the machine to pull down
bench press on the ball (helps with the core)
upright row
shoulder press

lunges with or w/o weights
leg press
ball squats (I put the ball behind me, hold weights in my hands and roll down and up on the ball)
I use the machines for my inner and outer thighs
Kickbacks for the behind
Hamstring curls (use the machine its the easiest)

I typically split my days up with weight training. If you've never trained with weights you'll want someone helping you with your form. Also, I love pilates... its low impact and helps tone. Hope this helps!

www.momentville.com/triciaandjef

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

I forgot to add don't pay attention so much to what the scale says but more about how you feel.
www.momentville.com/triciaandjef

christinagsu Posts : 50 Registered: 11/18/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: triciam

MTE and Pinky- This sparkpeople.com thing....how's it help you loose? I checked it out and I only see diet plans and exercise plans. Why do you feel it to be successful? Or I should say...more successful than other plans?

BlueMomma Posts : 14 Registered: 4/2/09
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: christinagsu

All those things sound great ladies! I haven't had a chance to check out the website, but I will. I too have had some weight issues for the past 4 years and have gone up and down a lot just within the past year! I have not been under 200 pounds since 2005 and it has driven me crazy! I have always been very athletic, softball, cheerleading since I was 5, and coaching cheer since 2001, but with the birth of my baby girl in 2006 and giving up coaching, my activity level went to non existent. Don't get me wrong I have never been a tiny woman. I have always had big legs, a big booty and big boobs, but when I had to order my wedding dress in a size 20 at the beginning of February, that was a wake up call for me!

So I began seeing a weight management doctor, because no matter how hard I worked out I was still eating everything that wasn't nailed down! So after doing a very comprehensive health check, he prescribed Phentermine for me. A lot of my friends and family were against me taking this drug, but I felt I had no other option. I began taking it on 2-13-09 and I weighed 236. I went for my check up at the doctor on 3-14-09 and I weighed 223.5! I lost 12.5 pounds in one month! The doctor was extremely impressed and said he was surprised due to my prior eating habits the I lost so much weight. He had only expected me to loose about 8 pounds.

This medicine has completely taken away my desire to eat! Not to mention I work out 4 times a week doing, kickboxing, step aerobics with a mix of pilates and tai chi. I have weighed myself once since the last appointment and I am down to 212!

I know that I can't take this medicine for the rest of my life, but if it helps me get to a place where I feel comfortable again and I'm not doing any damage to my health, then why not! I don't want to be a size 0, but I would consider being a size 10 or 12 perfect for me to start a new chapter of my life with my FH.

Bride2BeN2009 Posts : 27 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: courtmaybride

Hi,

The best thing I've ever done to lose weight is Weight Watchers. I don't really know how much it costs to actually join because I never did - I just used my mom's point guides and stuff...but I lost 50 lbs doing that and doing Denise Austin's kickboxing video, 10 minute solution Pilates (I'm not sure the maker/brand of the pilates but there are lots of different 10 minute solution videos) and running. I also would lift small weights and do crunches. Hope this helps. Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine