September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

OMG -- we are like so TOTALLY up against six months! This is starting to get very exciting.

We got our ceremony drafted -- I'm very excited about it.... really love it. And we did write / put together the thing ourselves. That's the weird thing about not doing a traditional ceremony....you literally evaluate each piece.

I told my PARENTS that I'd like them both to walk me down the aisle half way and meet John there. Then I'd take his hand and he'd walk me the rest of the way while Dad and Mom would walk to their seat. Mom was kinda put off because, as she (I kid you not) put it "But what about giving you away? Aren't you doing that?" (Um... NO. 50's much mom?) I told her that they were not giving me away, but there was a place in the service where the minister would be asking the families if they supported the union. Dad joked with me about "well, what if we were going to say no' and I told him that he would not be invited if that were what he was going to do. So, the parents have been informed of the aisle issue....and as I thought, they thought Dad was giving me away again (sorry....divorced. Already been given away, and besides which UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISTS do not believe in that practice because women are not property. My minister literally said that to us and said that we ask for the blessing of the family instead.)

We have asked our Flame Bearer, and she's excited. We have a lantern, but it is a 'just in case' one. Ideally, the lantern we have will be part of her gift and we'll find one we really want for the ceremony.

Misty

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Tick Tock - Six months.

Okay, we've got a lot of stuff done, and I'm beginning to feel like maybe I didn't bite off too much.

Candles. Done!

They will be sitting on a different mirror, which I do need to go get.

Soaps. The mold is completely ready (yay) and the supplies are here (again, yay). It's one of those instances where it cost less to buy online than local, and I get a nicer product. I've started -- four are curing (soap takes two weeks to cure), one is gelling in it's little mold right now.

Yes, they all look different intentionally. FH made my soap mold.

Guest Bags-- these are o much cuter than I expected them to be. Cost is less than $0.50 per bag. (I found a grocery store that was going out of business and snapped up the recyleable bags at 4 for $1. Since I was planning on using that style of bag anyway....Score!)

(don't mind Gus. He likes to have his picture taken)

(And no one can tell these used to SCREAM "FOOD WORLD" <G>)

And the frames we will be using for pew decorations

Frame:

Wedding logo

(And the cake topper we bought after we designed the logo - - but was NOT custom made)

Not too bad for coordination!

Here is a close up of the claddagh hands for our frames

Misty

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Misty, the soaps are ADORABLE!!! Love the candles and bags, too. :)

Proud member and S.C.A.T. of POOP - People Offended by Offended People

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hey ladies it's hard to believe that just not too long ago our weddings seemed to be so far away. Yet now I feel like time is creeping up on me and fast.

Also I'm so freaking excited I got a photographer for free. She will photograph my entire wedding than get me all my prints on a cd and give me all the copy right releases. I can't believe how amazing that is. I meet with her tomorrow if this blizzard stops soon. If not I will have to reschedule cause we already have 16" of snow.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Congrats Necolei.... how did you score that?!

Misty

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

craigslist! I just looked on their frequently and next thing I knew I was talking to a photographer from los ang that just moved to colorado and would like to get her business started back up. All she asked is that we released our name to her so she could advertise our photos for her business. I'm sure she will be awesome.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

I wrote one of our readings for our ceremony and was wondering what you brides think.

Love and marriage... what is it about? It's not about claiming one another as husband and wife. It's not about the opportunity to stand before us today and lawfully become one. It's about taking every moment in life to show your spouse how much you love them. It's about being able to stay home and do absolutely nothing together yet love every minute of it because your together. It's having and raising children together and becoming more than just husband and wife by becoming mother and father. As well as knowing that no matter what happens at the end of the day... you will still have each other. Ultimately marriage is not a matter of counting the years, it's making the years count.

Be honest ladies.

Edited by: Necolei on Mar 28, 2009 4:44 PM

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Necolei: what you wrote is good because it defines what YOU think love and marriage should be. What I think it is might be something completely different, but the ceremony is about you and your FH. What does he think about what you've written?

(Though I do love the bit about being able to stay home and do nothing and love every minute of it because you're together)

Misty

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Thats good I do like the because your together. Josh likes it and thinks we should use it so I guess that should have told me everything right there.

Thanks

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Okay seriously, my dress is becoming a sickness, I swear when it comes to almost everything else with the wedding I'm set (though I have a ton of DIY stuff to get on the ball about), it is just this dress that is causing me stress. So I have found 2 new dresses that I feel lovely and bridal in and need to pick one.

The first one is an Ines Di Santo - Aleena (2005 collection)

so what do you all think? I need to make a decision by the end of the week as both will only be held for me until Friday.

When is my wedding

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 3:45 AM Go to message in response to: B2B999

B2B!! No pic came thru!!!!!!!!!!!! Repost!!!! And you only gave us one dress, post the second one too!! Repost!! Repost!! I've been so worried about you!!

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

I found a picture of the first dress for everyone to look at it was on the brides site. http://admin.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/inesdisanto/detail/118161?f=106%3a117&offset=1

SeptBrideAmy Posts : 4 Registered: 4/2/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Hello fellow Sept. brides!!

Congrats - Congrats to all of you!!!

I just joined today to meet some other brides in the same boat as myself.

Everyone seems to have alot accomplished so far - that's great!

I can't believe you got your photographer for free Nicolei (sp?) - what a score!!!!!

That's so unheard of now-a-days - good for you!!!

So ladies, invitations? Does anyone have any good advice for Beach/Seaside & elegant
invitations - if that's a combo?

Also, how's everyone's stress level? I feel like there's ALWAYS something to do!! Is that me?
I'm doing everything myself but, that's OK! It all washes out in the end - I hope! any suggestions you have for coping?

Talk to you soon!!!
"The best blush to use is laughter. It puts roses in your cheeks and in your soul."

SeptBrideAmy Posts : 4 Registered: 4/2/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Hello-

I just saw you posted a pic. of a dress that I think you're thinking of buying?

I think it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It's a very stunning style too! :)

Ironically - my dress is very similar & was fairly inexpensive.

Take a look:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998985¤tIdx=2&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998985&catentryId=1000057

(if you can't see it, it's at David's Bridal.com, style SV9563 )

Good Luck!!!!

"The best blush to use is laughter. It puts roses in your cheeks and in your soul."

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Okay sorry going to try that one again. These ones aren't the pictures of me because apparently I'm incompetent at that:

Dress 1: Ines Di Santo - Aleena

http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/designer/inesdisanto/detail/118161?offset=1

Dress 2: David's Bridal - T9211

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/6378/David-s-Bridal-T9211-Size-6.html

I got them to say they'll hold the dresses a little while longer so advice is still appreciated.
When is my wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine