The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,289 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,599

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 12:50 AM Go to message in response to: Celiny

I had a girl, and the woman with Angel-something as her screenname had a little girl, Natalie Grace.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

I can't believe I forgot about Faith! I knew there was someone missing. Sorry Janice.

Today is my first anniversary. It's amazing to me that an entire year has passed since I became a wife.

preview image

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Congrats Celiny!!! I bet the year just flew by.

Toto that's great to hear you know what you are having. When are you due again? I find out what I'm having on the 27th.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Husband & Wife

pregnancy 

mrsJLA Posts : 445 Registered: 5/25/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Celiny - so little time left! Best wishes with everything!

There must be something in the water... I mean thread... so many girls.

Did any of you guess what you might be having and ended up being right? I am starting to get curious as to what sex our baby is, but I have what... 7 weeks to find out........

Jaime :)

Wedding Pictures and the Furbabies: http://web.me.com/me182a

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

toto Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

I'm due on the 31st of August. So, I found out at 18w3d along.

I wasn't supposed to find out until the 24th, but I had some serious cramping the other night (I couldn't stand up/roll over in bed, sit up...anything), and they wanted me to come in.

We'll name her Mia (M-ee-a) Helen (after my grandma).

I'm so in love!

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 6:45 PM Go to message in response to: toto

Congrats Toto on little Mia on the way!

I have about 6 friends that are pregnant or just had babies and all but one are girls.

Celiny- AGH! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to see pics of him. Just in case you happen to go sooner, Good Luck!!! I hope everything goes wonderfully!

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: HisQueenB

I will definitely post pictures when little Oliver is born.

So yesterday and today, I have been bleeding bright red. It's not a lot, just a nickel sized amount every several hours. I called my midwife, and she said not to worry about it. It's kind of hard not to, since it has to have come from somewhere. I never had an internal exam or sex. These are the only two reasons I have heard of causing blood, where you shouldn't be concerned.
I wonder if it means the baby is coming soon?! I hope so.

preview image

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Apr 4, 2009 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

celiny,
i don't get on here often enough anymore as my little man keeps me very busy (O: but i want to say good luck and congrats on that little man coming your way. it's nice to share in the boy glory with at least one other on here lol. congrats on your anniversary as well! and your maternity photos were beautiful.

toto,
congrats on the little girl! you must be excited!! i love the name mia.

i am off to relax finally and watch marley and me. yay!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

RMB, I hope you keep a box of kleenex close by while you watch Marley & Me.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Husband & Wife

pregnancy 

SandyD Posts : 35 Registered: 2/14/08
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Hello all! I love reading your stories and looking at all the preggo pictures! I am sooo jelouse!!! I am a mommy to two boys, but I had VERY complicated pregnancies ( I actually was never supposed to be able to have kids) and I did not get baby showers, or really really pregnant. I have two uterus, and went into labor VERY early (27 & 26 weeks with each of my boys).....My OB was wonderful however, and I think he mastered in "torture tactics" because even though I was in the hospital EVERY WEEK in labor, I did carry both my boys to 36 weeks! (The Dr. gave up after that point). I wanted to comment on a couple posts.

I personally believe that there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to endure the PAIN of natural childbirth. With my first child, when they informed us that they weren't going to stop the labor anymore, I screamed "I WANT THE EPIDURAL NOW, AND WHILE IT IS GETTING HERE, I WANT PAIN MEDS NOW!!!!!" It was actually quite funny. I had virtually no pain through the whole 6 hours and 8 minutes of labor. Ladies.....TAKE THE DRUGS!!!! They do not harm the baby...

With my second one, when they said they weren't going to stop the labor, I tried to "experience child birth" and wait on the epi.....yeah HUGE MISTAKE. I started having strong contractions, then gave in for the epi (Hey I made it 2 hours almost). Well in the 22 minutes it took the drug man to get to my room, I went from 3 to 10!!!! Talk about screaming, horrible PAIN!!! The nurse wouldn't check me, she was like "oh honey you are only at 3", well when they got there with the epi, I was doing little pushes....and the drug man was like, you need to check her, and the nurse did, laid me back down, and screamed down the hall for the Dr. Baby 2 kinda just fell out.....I don't even think I pushed. So that labor was 2 hours and 41 minutes. There is absolutely NO JOY in NATURAL childbirth. It is a LIE!!!

With my first one, I did stay in bed a little longer, I didn't get out of the bed for about 4 hours. After my second one, I was walking around the hospital within the hour. I was actually at a wedding 48 hours after giving birth. My sister had a C-Section and she was in the bed for days.....and in a TON of pain. So I completely think vaginal delivery much easier to bounce back from.

Good Luck to you all.....I am sooo jelouse!!!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: SandyD

Sandy - I personally think if you don't want an epidural or drugs, more power to you. I actually have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but I still don't want to go drug free, at least I don't think I do. No two birthing experiences are the same, either.

And I wouldn't be jealous of myself of my preggo self right now - I think I have the worst heartburn ever.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: mrsJLA

Hey Guys. Havetn been in here in awhile,but this is where I like to post any new pics of my nephew. (and in my OBI room where I hang out most) Went to my parents house this wknd and finally got to hang out with Brian ..he will be 3months old on Wednesday. He smiles a LOT and even laughs, very happy baby. dont think I heard him cry once the entire weekend. hes awesome.

Kelley Lynn

me with Brian- look at him posing! lol

my brother...Brians dad

Misterkelley (my hubby) with Brian

my mom

hangin out with his parents laughing

hes so cute and i miss him already. Really.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, he is adorable! He is a big little boy!! I love the bib too, we have a couple of those ones (O: It is amazing how much you can love such a little guy huh!? Does it make you want your own? I know you were undecided about all of that... any different opinions since witnessing labor and now having your nephew?

Here are some new pics of my little monster (kelley you will especially love them!). We took him to Boston yesterday with Joe's best friend and his son who was born the same day as Joey. They had a blast, Joey loved looking at all of the people and especially crawling all around Boston Common!! .... can't believe he's going to be 1 in 2 months (from yesterday!!). He is such a boy I laugh all of the time at him.

DSC02439.jpg picture by rena127DSC02436.jpg picture by rena127
DSC02374.jpg picture by rena127DSC02446.jpg picture by rena127

Happy to be learning to feed himself with a spoon lol:
DSC02411.jpg picture by rena127

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - it looks like your nephew has an glowing tan in those last two pics - so cute.

And... I just realized I ate half a jar of pickles reading the forums... LOL

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

I hardly ever get a chance to pop on here anymore, but I read a few prev. posts and everyone's kiddos are so cute!!! My dd will be 1 next month, It went by so fast, but everyday she gets a little more fun!

I'm due with No. 2 at the end of August, a boy this time! I kind of thought it was a boy, since we had a girlie name all picked out. Now for a boy we are torn between Finnian or Seamus. any thoughts?

Good luck to all of you who are just waiting for the last few days or weeks here. It's so hard to wait for such an awesome gift!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine