Help over processed hair!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

VickySaul Posts : 23 Registered: 6/15/08
Help over processed hair!
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 9:31 PM

Hey ladies,

So I have been going to the same
hair dresser for years now and he is (was) like a hair genie and anything I
have asked for in the past he has done and done well. Well my genie must have granted my last wish two
months ago because on Friday afternoon he turned my hair orange and I lied an
said I liked it, left and cried in the car.
Thanks to my FH I got up the guts to call him back and I went back in
and he "fixed it" now the color is "warmer" but still a little brassy at the
root and totally damaged due to the second highlight application, so damaged in
fact when I brush it pieces of my hair come off and the ends are just trashed! I
have been trying to let my hair get really healthy for the wedding and I have been
a good girl not even using any flat or curling irons and now it. My wedding is in May do any of you lovelies
have a magic home remedy, tips, treatments, products that I can try to get my
hair looking healthy again?

Thank you so very much

Jayme

Edited by: JaymeandZach on Mar 23, 2009 9:32 PM

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Re: Help over processed hair!
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

Hi, sorry to hear about your hair. I am too having damaged hair with lots of split ends and trying to ask around for recommendation to condition my hair prior to my wedding in August. I haven't try yet but my hairdresser told me to give Biotera shampoo and conditioner a try but I decided to just go to another salon and do a hot hair oil treatment which seems to totally fix my tangle damaged hair. :) It really works, not all salon do them so you will have to call around to see if they have them. Is pretty much like putting oil treatment in your hair and a huge steamer over your head for about 30-45 minutes, results are amazing. Good luck and you still have some time to healthy up your hair before May! :)

wedding web site

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

A hot oil treatment, I have seen those VO5 brands in the store but have always been afraid I would burn myself trying it on my own. Did the treatment make your hair greasy at all? I am glad it worked for you do you have curly hair?

Thank you lucky bride for your advice! I think I will try another salon and see if they can tame my tresses w/a hot oil treatment and possibly look for the Biotera shampoo I will try anything at this point.

Jayme Raymond

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
--Roy Croft

sjhc132 Posts : 164 Registered: 3/18/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

im sending u a pm...with some info...

i was meant for him and he was meant for me :)

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

Hi JaymeandZach, I have straight hair...my hair is extremely dry and I didn't want to cut my hair because I wanted to grow it out for my wedding. I did ended up trimming my hair prior hot oil treatment though. The oil treatment I'm talking about is not like the VO5 we see in store...let me tell you that I've tried VO5 at home...warmed up the oil and left in my hair for a period of time before shampoo and the result still....DRY!!!! Maybe we don't have the same hair type because I have straight and very damaged/ dried ends. I went to the hair salon last month and got myself a professional oil treatment and the stuff salon uses are different than the one we see in store....Their treatment is actually white cream looking (not oil looking) which I believe is more like a deep conditioner in my opinion...(they're not oily after btw). Most hair salon do deep conditioning too but I wanted it to be OIL treatment because I had done it before and result is sooo amazing, my hair felt 10 lbs lighter after and I can comb my hair through without getting stuck with tangles....

I guess we all have different hair type and I hope from what I experienced can help you a little...I understand how bad it is after hair dyed. Another way is that when you wash your hair, use conditioner first than shampoo and finish off with conditioner again! I did that a few times and my hair is now 10 times smoother...good luck sweetie!

wedding web site

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

I don't think there is necessarily a "miracle" cure for that. I've been getting my hair highlighted for years and what I use to keep it from drying out and breaking is Aveda's Damagy Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner. It had proteins in it to restore and build your hair. Then I also use a deep conditioning treatment by Frederic Fekkai called Technician Color Care Mask. That mask helps put moisture back into your hair which coloring has taken out. If you do blow-dry your hair, you must use a pre-spray. It helps protect the hair from the heat styling. All that heat that your hair-dryer is blowing out zapps ALL the moisture out of your hair, so you need something to protect it. Oh, and you can always try Omega 3's supplement. That stuff works from the inside out. HTH :)

kwidener21 Posts : 98 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

There are a few things that you can do to get your hair "healthy" ( my firend sales salon products so I have heard of everything! LOL!) The best thing that you can do it but Mayonase (sp? Mayo.) on your hair, hot oil treatments are nice and very easy, but mayo has oils and egg whites in it which adds protien (sp? Can't seem to spell today! LOL!). If you are mostly worried about the roots,every month and a hald have 1/4 of an inch cut off, depending on your hair, it grows about that fast so you are not loosing length just the dead ends. If you need to clean your hair really good, BEER is wonderful! It smells gross, but strips your hair of all the build up. Another good thing for hair is crushed strawberry's... There is a product calle Cholestrol, it's sold at wal*mart, it's for African American hair, but is amazing on damaged hair.... I've used it for years, it's like 4 bucks for a huge tub of it.

Let me know if you try any of these and how they work for ya.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: kwidener21

I remember my mom used to put mayo on her hair when I was a kid and I thought she was crazy but it is really rich and since your hair is made up of protein (so I have learned) I can see why this would work well. For 4 bucks I'll give the cholesterol a shot-wonder how they make this stuff I picture someone straining all the fat out of meat or something because of the name lol! Like I said before I need some serious damage control so I'm game for anything-thanks for the advice!

What does the crushes strawberry's do for your hair? Do they strip it clean like the beer (I can't use beer because my fh would kill me if I was using his treasured Gueniss on my head!) I ask becasue they are in season and a good price right now

Thanks

Jayme Raymond

--Roy Croft

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

i would do joico kpak reconstucting series

there is a shampoo, conditioner, reconstructor, and hydrating mask. they have the amino acids which are essential. it is a protien treatment, you need it! i also use the thermal protecting mouse for styling and split end mender as precautions. this line is named stylist choice year after year by hairdressers!

i am a stylist and i would recommend protien treatments to anyone who needs to build back the integrity of the hair! anything else will just make the problem more managable but not necessarily correct the damage.

anyone who is coloring their hair and is looking to care for their locks should be using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. it is the most gentle cleansing and prevents distress. this of course is not going to treat excessive damage, that is what the protien is for! just wanted to put that out there for anyone who is reading that may not be damaged but wants to keep their hair in the best condition possible.

even if you blow dry you need a thermal protecter, it's a 10 is a good one

kwidener21 Posts : 98 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

To be honest I"m not positive what strawberry's add to your hair, but it makes it look sooo shiney and silky... Even if your hair is damaged, but it doesn't have to look like it!! Have you searched online. Everyone is going to tell you different things, I have tried products that work over time but are expensive, I was trying to give you some cheaper allternatives.... I don't know about the chelosterol but it's a ivory/yellowish color! Makes me think of fat! LOL!

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

Were you trying to dye your hair bleached blonde? Just wondering because I had to bleach my hair when I was trying to go lighter (then they appy a regular brown) and it also looked very very orange. I can't believe your hairstylist let you leave that way, he had to have known that it looked bad. All I can say is deep condition your hair every day! You can buy an expensive kind at the store, but I use Pantene and it helps a lot, or Garnier Fructis. I would also go to a salon and get what is called a "malibu" (probably $20-30 treatment) which is a very good deep condition that will help strengthen your hair.

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

I know they use an aloe based product (not too sure if it has bleach in it or not) but it has never dried out my hair/and turn it orange the way it it did this last time.

Thank you so very much for all of your in put ladies!! I paid good money for my hair to get done so i tried to be brave and went back to the salon and they are providing me with free weekly deep conditioning treatments in order to get my hair back in shape for May and they are also adding brown to my hair to make it look more natural 2 weeks before the wedding im keeping my fingers crossed, after the treatments I may go somewhere else for the color though.

Jayme Raymond

--Roy Croft

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

I'm so sorry about the hair mishap :o( I know how upsetting it can be. I finally found a wonderful stylist after some horrid experiences and she lovingly introduced me to Moroccan Oil. My hair tends to get weighed down and oily feeling from too much styling product and I would have never thought to use an oil in my hair because of this, but this stuff is amazing. It doesn't leave your hair oily at all (just don't put it on your roots unless you are doing a deep conditioning treatment and planning to wash it out), it will leave your hair very soft and manageable and shiny too. I use it after every wash, just a small dime size amount you work through your hair and then style as usual. It's a little pricey but it lasts a long time because you use such a small amount.

If you want to use it for a deep conditioning treatment apply it to your damp hair after washing then put a plastic cap on and leave in for maybe 15 min, you might even use the blow dryer to apply some heat which helps to open up the follicles and absorb the moisture. Then rinse.

Also try not to wash your hair daily, I wash my hair every other day or every couple of days if I can get away with it, this will help your hair retain it's own natural oils. Too much washing can dry your hair out. I also use Redken "All Soft" shampoo and conditioner which works wonders. I use a lot of heat styling because I blow dry and flat iron my hair. This is the best combination of products I have found.

I hope this helps :o)

www.moroccanoil.com

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 7:49 AM Go to message in response to: VickySaul

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine