Per Person $$$

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Re: Per Person $$$
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: nervouswreck

We are paying $160 per person, but thats in Key West so we arnt surprised.

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: nervouswreck

Oh my gosh, thats a lot, but I do live in a small community. We are paying about 30-37 per person. But that is the supper only. They will be responsible for drinks.

WinterBrideToBe Posts : 94 Registered: 11/8/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

CSUF- We are having the reception at the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda.. I saw in another post that you are using Harvard Photography, which I liked, because we are using them too :)

wedding countdown

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: WinterBrideToBe

OMG! Winterbride! I am soooo jealous! (In a good way) lol! I totally wanted to have my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda. It's beautiful! Unfortuantely they are not in our budget so that's why we didn't book with them :( But it's all good, we found a nice venue with huge space in Anaheim.
Yes, I remember you saying that you are also using Harvard Photography. I totally fell in love with their custom made albums! Their work is beautiful! I can't wait to see how our pictures come out that day. Did you already take your e-pics?
a wedding website

~Future Mrs. D~ 

WinterBrideToBe Posts : 94 Registered: 11/8/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: CSUFgrad08

Aww, well I will have to share my pics with you, so you can see how it turns out.. We actually wanted our wedding in Dana Point/Monarch beach- we live in Mission Viejo, however FELL IN LOVE with the nixon library :)
Yes I love Harvard, unfortunately I did not get to use them for our engagement pictures, because I wanted to send out our save the dates as our Christmas cards, since our wedding is in December, and I had not found them yet, so we took our e-pics with someone else, but I just LOVE harvards work, and their albums are amazing!

wedding countdown

VickiLynn84 Posts : 20 Registered: 3/1/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: nervouswreck

Wow, I wish I could spend what most of you are spending.....

It depends on your location and what kind of venue. Mine is 26 per person and the bar is seperate.(the bar is priced per bottle) But my reception is at a VFW...

www.mywedding.com/vickiandjonathan

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: nervouswreck

I think that it does depend on your area. We had our catering done through a very reputtable company and our price per plate was $20.00 + tax and gratuity, and the food was amazing. Ours did not include a cake though, that was separate.

It's always worth looking around to see if you can get a better deal to fit your budget. Good luck.

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

hah I don't like the people going to my wedding THAT much to be able to pay THAT much for their food! lol I finally found a fellow medic at one of my jobs that has a bbq cooker. He wants $100 plus food to come cook. I'll buy the meat and have some of the close family help me cook the sides. The cake is about $210... And i'll pick up a bunch of soda and fruit drinks. No alch. And I have to pay the place we are having it $50 because we aren't using one of "their" people to cater.

http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1642/214/20090829/our+wedding/ticker.png

True love never lives happily ever after - true love has no ending

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: nervouswreck

Im getting married in a Chicago suburb and with tax and gratuity its $123 per person ($103 without the tax/gratuity), and that is with the 10% off because its a November wedding. But it does include a 4 course meal ( Filet Mignon and Halibut), customized cake, custom table linens, open bar with premium liquer, champagne toast, chocolate fountain, dessert table, Martini luge for cocktail hour and a coffee station. Once we realized that it included everything that we would have wanted it seemed silly to go with the other places that were cheaper.

Even family that has gotten married here thinks its alot per person compared to their weddings, but this were a few years ago and it also didn't include all the extras that we are getting.

christinagsu Posts : 50 Registered: 11/18/08
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

Isn't it crazy? Slap the word "wedding" on it and the price goes up automatically, LOL.

I am in Atlanta and I see around $80-$150pp for things. I personally am getting married downtown and I started with $120-$130 before taxes with a $5,500 F&B Min, I am now at $100pp b4 tax and $4,000 Min. I was just able to cut by asking them to cut it. It helps that I am doing the ceremony and reception at a hotel and hotels are really looking for business right now.

I also have to cover the $20 valet per car though...but they have dropped that to $10 per car....so everything adds up.

I also do wedding coordination...It seems (in Atl) difficult to get an outside caterer below the $80 mark, however, depending on the venue, some places that specialize in weddings can go down to $30pp...but you have to be careful with those....often you don't get linens, china, etc in that price. If you want to talk more about the type of venue you are using and outside caterer vs in-house caterer, let me know. Sometimes there are ways to work with the amount that you are given.

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: christinagsu

I can't believe how much all of you are paying!!! Does that include the cost of the location as well? Or is that really just the catering part of it?

We are paying $24/pp for catering, granted it is not a plated meal, it is a buffet but still! I live in the SF bay area (CA) too and it is not cheap to do things around here, but I refused to pay $50/pp for food. Our caterering includes 2 appetizers (teryaki meatballs and veggie fritatta) during the picture taking while guests wait, then a buffet which includes bbq beef brisket, grilled chicken w/ roma tomato basil salsa, red potato vinagrette salad, mixed green salad, pesto pasta salad, roasted veggies, bread rolls, and the clear plastic plates/utensils, plus 6 hours of onsite service w/ 2 servers, AND the table linens and cloth napkins.

I am doing the bar separately. I hired a bartender for $25/hr and I am purchasing beer, wine, soda's, and water for him to serve to the guests.

We also got our location for $2300 for 10 hours on a Saturday in september (ceremony and reception) and it is not some cheap or cheesy looking place. We are having a beautiful outdoor ceremony in the gardens by a gazebo, and the reception hall is indoors and it is big with lots of windows and beautiful views of the gardens and tree's and such.

I had looked at places that wanted like $10k for a saturday evening to do my ENTIRE wedding in 4 hours and that included the food and all that other stuff like you ladies are talking about. I just couldn't do that. I don't want to feel rushed, and I want my guests to be able to party and have a good time and not be rushed out the door at a specific time.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Mine is $125pp, but includes everything. Venue, food, open bar, even the cake and a wedding planner. I'd imagine the price difference is 'all-inclusive' type venues vs. catering and renting a location.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I'm with SteffMay. Mine was $100 pp with tax. This included a lot as I mentioned before AND the venue.

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Ditto... if you go back to my previous post I mention many of the things that were included with my price. The venue rental was also included in that price. So it does have a lot to do with the type of venue and what they include. Where mine (and obviously many others) is more "all inclusive" as steffmay put it, there are others who might get a better deal for what they want by seperating out catering, venue, and and rentals.

For catering, I would agree $50 pp is too much to pay just for food.

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine