A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,289 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

haha Autumn I don't think you are wishy-washy at all! and if you pretty much have a date set...i wouldnt worry as much about the engagement. It obviously has to happen within the next few months. I get it though, that after a while saying "he's my boyfriend" just doesn't do it...it's not enough.

I am totally a mixed drinker too. My biggest obsession are Brokendown Golf Garts and Long Island Iced Teas...mmm...
Also a Purple Haze is good every once in a while if I want something super sweet.

The other week my friends and I were drinking tequila and after about 4 or 5 shots we were like "whoa...we can't do this anymore." I remember when I was 15 and drinking was like "so cool" and I could just chug any liquor straight out of the bottle, like 5 shots worth at one time. Now I take a shot of something and cringe! Bring on the mixers!

Autumnalis2010 Posts : 133 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

well broken down golf cart is my all time fave and it comes in a shooter and a cocktail
shooter is just 1/2 oz of amaretto and 1/2 oz of melon liquer
some places will add some cranbery juice

then the cocktail is
1 oz of vodka
1 oz of ameretto
1 oz of melon liquer
2 oz of cranberry juice

when i said purple haze i actually meant electric popsicle
this only comes in cocktail form

1 1/2 oz of blue curacao
fill rest of glass with lemonade or sprite
drizzle in grenadine

the drink is like shockingly blue and then the grenadine kind of stays in this pink drizzle throughout the drink. it's really cool. instead of turning purple, the liquids stay separated. it's awesome looking.

a purple haze is good too though

1 oz vodka
1 oz blue curacao
fill the rest with sprite
add a bit of grenadine

becomes crazy purple

i was a bartender and electric popsicle was totally my fave to make

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Broken Down Golf Carts is one of the best shots I have ever had. SO good.

I used to play drinking games with boys because I was SO good at keeping my liquor down!

One of my favourite wines is Relax Riesling. So good.

I love Cosmo's and thats my signature drink!

So, I am going to Spain in August. My mom, Cristina, wants me to meet her side of the family. I havent met them yet and well my great-grandmother is 77 and she's getting older! She is turning 78 this august, so I get to meet all my family. They are so young on my mom's side and its wierd cuz on my dad's side, they're old! My mom's sister is only 32 and I am the oldest of my cousins. So, I am excited to meet all of them. One of my aunts live in France and my uncle in Italy and they will all be in Spain for Jessenia's birthday. It is so confusing have 2 families! I got my mom to give me all their names and ages so I can memorize it!

My head is throbbing. I didnt want to go to the ER again cuz 2 visits in a matter of 4 days is embarrasing to say the least.

This site is SO distracting. I have barely gotten any LSAT studying done! I have 2 months and if I dont start now, I will never get it done and fail and ugh....

Nat (21) 

What is meant to be, will be.

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 4:30 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

You guys drink fancy shots, lol. My suggestions are usually tequila, rum, or whiskey! Though I wouldn't turn down a more tasty, creative shot, I guess I just don't know that many.

Brighter, I saw your post on the OBI thread and mention of the spark website. I've just committed (again, hehe, but this time I feel serious) to eating healthier and losing weight, if you are too, want to be workout buddies? Or anybody, for that matter! I've never had one before so I don't know how most people do it or what works, but it can't hurt, right?

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 8:22 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Natasha* Are you excited to meet your family? It all sounds quite exciting but also kind of intimidating. That sure is a young family! My Nana on my Dad's side is like...94

Rose* I am so game for workout buddies! Maybe we can still get into B10, I saw that you offered for us to be potential partners if partners are still even. But if it's too late, we can just do our own thing! I have been working out a bit more. I have been going on the eliptical and I am definitely eating healthier than I used to. However, I always manage to do this for about a month or so and then get back into old habits. Hopefully that won't happen! Whenever I am at school I go the gym and I eat really well and when I go home on the weekends I eat so badly! It's supposed to be the opposite! But I don't keep any food in my room, so I don't snack. And then at meals I am just strict with myself about what I eat (it's not like there are many options anyways.) But then at home there is always cookies and icecream and nachoes and lots and lots of pasta. My sister also loves my alfredo sauce so I usually make it twice when I am home just from Thursday-Sunday! It's soooo bad...I eat sooo horribly when I am at home! This weekend, I ate a thing of cookie dough! One of those pillsbury tubes! It was just late at night and we had two and my sister opened up one and we started eating it and then realized it was gone and then the next day we ate the other! ugh...

and there is nothing wrong with a classic shot! my friends are really into tequila and so when I am at the bar I will never turn down a round of tequila shots. however, of course I like it to be more creative so I usually get tequila slammers. Which is a shot of tequila topped off with either sprite or gingerale. The bartender will usually give you something like a piece of papertowel but not always. You cover the top (sometimes just has to be with your hand), slam it on the bar and then take the shot. The gingerale or sprite on top carbonates and then it becomes the more flavourful part of the shot. It's really good.

Edited by: BrighterThanSunshine on Mar 31, 2009 8:24 AM

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my tequila too!

I am really excited. I met all my Russian family so now I get to meet my Spanish family. Its SO awesome!

On my dad's side, they are pretty old. I am the youngest. Out of all my cousins, only 4 of us dont have kids or arent married. My dad is the youngest of his sister's and brother's. On my mom's side, she is the oldest at 42. My grandma, Ana Maria, was 19 when she had my mom.

They all have such large families. My mom has 5 brothers and sisters. They each have like 3 or 4 kids too.

Tomorrow is April 1. Wow. How did time fly by so fast?!

Nat (21) 

What is meant to be, will be.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Autumn- Don't feel bad about "yo-yoing" on your feelings about getting married and engaged. (Hope I understood you correctly and that is the topic you meant). I do that too, and I've even had a few dreams lately about getting engaged or having a wedding where I'm completely unprepared and nobody cares about it. Probably cause I always feel stressed from school and am on these forums right before bed, my subconscious just keeps dancing while I sleep, lol.

Natasha- You're so lucky that you get to go to Spain! I wish I knew who or where my relatives are in Europe are so I could visit them, hehe.

Brighter- I'm sending you a pm about being work out buddies. I've also found that I eat more poorly when I go to my parents house, mostly because my mom buys snacks and desserts (I rarely do) and they're all FREE at my fingertips and it's "only for a weekend" and oh so much harder to resist. I saw your post on the "fantasies/turnons" thread and definitely agree, just being with my boyfriend is a huge turn on. He still lives at home so when he visits me, it's so nice that one of the first things we can do when he arrives is withdraw into our own world for a little while and catch up on life and love. Only a week and a half more for us till the next weekend we're in the same city, what's your countdown? And for the rest of you girls, how often do you see your boyfriend/FH or how much time do you spend with him? Anybody live together yet? How's that going?

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Rose* I am so excited! My countdown is 1 more sleep! haha yes, Greg and I count in sleeps and not in days. I have counted in sleeps since I was like 3 and he caught on, so now he counts in sleeps. I leave tomorrow at 4 to go see him! I will go check your PM right now.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Hey Girls!!

Natasha~ Wow thats really exciting you get to go meet your family!! I love big families, and the fact that both your mother and father are from big families seems so great to me. Is your adoptive family big??

So yesterday I got all my BM's and my MOH together so we could go look at their dresses and they could try them on. It was SOOOOO much fun!! They all got along great, and loved their dresses!! My sister even found my MOH shoes that are the exact same color as the dresses!! I will pos pics of all three of them in their dresses.

This is My MOH
DSCN0231.jpg picture by Nessabear615

My BM Ali
DSCN0230.jpg picture by Nessabear615

And my sister
DSCN0229.jpg picture by Nessabear615

Then the lady we ordered the dresses from is going to sew a lace medalion on the center of the belt. I cant wait to see it all together!!!
Only 53 more days!

Oh I beilive it was Rose that asked about how offten we get to see BF/FH. Well we live together and have for a little less than 2 years. Before we moved in we were long distance and saw eachother every weekend. He would ride the bus 3 hours to see me on Friday night, then leave Sunday night, we did that for about 4 months until we realized we were fully ment to be together and I moved in with him, I absolutly love it and wouldn't change it for the world!

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Nessa* I love the colour of the girls dresses! They all look great! It must have been such a fun and exciting day. Who doesn't want to go shopping for BMs dresses after all? Wow, it's like...less than 2 months until the big day for you! Getting all of your little details taken care of? What do you have left to do?

Autumn* I totally hear you. I think Greg will very much be the same way when it comes to buying a house, at least the "who is contributing part." When we rent a house next year I will obviously be paying my share of the rent. But when we actually buy a house I think he is pretty much doing that which is kind of unsettling. We haven't talked about it too much but I definitely hope that my name is at least on the house...I do want it to be mine...He has been saving up for about 10 years for a house and has about 25 grand in savings already. I know that he's really big on being the contributor and just thinks its the man's job I guess...I don't know...Why isn't he letting you contribute? Did he say anything to ease your mind about the whole thing? I'm glad that you guys are better today though! That horoscope sure is ironic!

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: Autumnalis2010

Autumn* He's buying a house, by buying the furniture you are buying a home. Just try to look at it that way and hopefully it will make you feel better about it. Glad he was able to cheer you up about it a bit today!

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 1:40 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa- Wow, your wedding is next month, how exciting! I really like the gradient color in your BM dresses. Is your wedding dress posted on a thread somewhere around here? I'd love to see it! Also, I totally support couples living together before getting married and I'm starting to think it might be a good idea before engagement, too (as in, I never thought it was a bad idea but now I'm considering it might be for me).

Autumn- That's great that you guys can share an apartment, and especially with roommates. Does it ever get awkward or are things totally cool?

Brighter- YAY you get to see Greg tonight!!!!!!!!! Are these last hours killing you? I find the final three are my most impatient, when one of us is making the drive...

I can't even imagine buying a house right now. It seems so permanent and ... grown up, for lack of a better term. That's great that you guys are doing it though, I look forward to the day when I'm prepared for that. Now I'm ready to uproot and cross oceans, join a culture where I don't speak the native language, and contribute somehow. Hm, I sound reckless and idealistic, don't I? Maybe I should stop posting on the forums so late at night. I tend to get cheeky, philosophical, or too confiding, lol!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine