favor suggestions

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
favor suggestions
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 8:48 PM

My wedding isnt until April of next year but I am trying to get some ideas down on paper so I can figure budget for each item. I have already bought the pillow-style and box favor holders. I am also thinking about doing the plastic champagne flutes covered with tulle.....but I need suggestions as to what to put in them lol I am NOT creative at all and would welcome any suggestions.....all I can think of is Hershey kisses lol

Thanks in advance!
wedding tickers

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Re: favor suggestions
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

The first thing that came to my mind was Hershey's kisses. I think because the foil makes them stand out. I'm not sure (haven't eaten kisses for a while), but you can get the gold foil ones as well as silver?

All the best,
Angela Armani

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Jordan almonds (come in almost any color -- you can buy them online)
Hershey's Kisses
M&Ms
Fortune cookies
Cracker Jacks or popcorn
Nuts
Pretzels

Would possibly help to know if you have a theme.

Misty

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hi there. Thanks for those wonderful suggestions.

We had thought about a beach theme since we are going to Miami for the honeymoon...my colors are going to be latte and pink. I dont really know how much of the beach theme I will be able to pull off though....again, VERY creativity-challenged bride-to-be here!! I had read somewhere to put shells in a bag as favors, but that sounds like a waste of money to me.......what are they going to do with the bag of shells except eventually throw them away?

I like the pretzels idea.....please dont think I am stupid or anything, but would I have to find individually wrapped pretzels or what? I was thinking of the chocolate covered ones which we could make ourselves, but didnt know what to put them in before they go into the containers.....maybe I am just being dense thise morning.......thanks for the help!!!
wedding tickers

RACR Posts : 52 Registered: 3/18/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

I know there's a website where you can personalize candy - you can order the wrappers with your initials on them or order M&Ms with your new last name initial instead of the "M". That would be cute.
If it's a beach theme, maybe you could do mini margarita mixes or something pina colada themed or some SPF chapstick or sun block if you have an outdoor wedding. I agree, shells in a bag are a waste of your time and money. I always think favors should be something guests would actually use or enjoy since it is meant to be a gift, not necessarily an accessory for your wedding.

Good luck!

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: RACR

i always like the margarita, pina colada, strawberry daquiri mix idea

instead of champagne flutes you could get plastic margarita glasses

that would add to your beach theme and i'm sure guests would use it!

communist Posts : 26 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 4:22 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Hello,

I`m planning to have beach favors like beach candle favor, beach pail favor, in my wedding, they look quite pretty and at the same time, these items are not very costly too, you can also try, beach wedding favor for your wedding.

Regards,
sarah_9

Bridehelper31527 Posts : 5 Registered: 4/18/09
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

White chocolate sea shells, drinks w/ little umbrellas...I have tons of ideas.

dawnO Posts : 40 Registered: 7/14/08
Posted: May 5, 2009 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

another beach themed bride here....and I am making shell shaped chocolates myself...wilton molds. .....and I am also doing tan and baby blue m&m's in the boxes too....our colors are sea and sand.....

....Donna

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine