Wedding NIGHT!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

MissFlores Posts : 18 Registered: 6/13/07
Wedding NIGHT!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 10:10 PM

Hey Ladies!

So here is the thing: I would like to stay at a hotel room on our Wedding Night,a nice romance hotel....But my FH wants to just "Go Home" after the wedding!!! We are geting married on a Friday Night and then that Sat. we will go to the State Fair for the OU and TEXAS Game ( Go Texas). Then on Sunday we will leave to go on our Honeymoon. I just don't want to "Go Home" After the Wedding....But i also see where he is coming from Becuase he doesnt want to spend over 150 dollars on a hotel room that we will only use for one night? what should I do? Just " Go Home" Or spend the money! AWWWWW!
"...And I will love you 'til forever
Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand and hold on tight
And we'll get there
This I swear"

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Wedding NIGHT!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

Me personally, if you can swing it - STAY IN A HOTEL!!!

You go home and it's sort of anti-climatic - again in my opinion. See if you can find anything that's less than that or something that might do a special for a newly wedded couple!

Good luck!

whitleyerin Posts : 5 Registered: 2/28/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

definately try to go for something cheaper...maybe if u do just go home though have some friends go before and "set the mood" lol make it something that you wont forget even if it is something cheesy or staying the night in a cheap hotel lol

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: whitleyerin

I can say that our house was SUCH a MESS that I wouldn't have even let anyone in.

And then our cats would have been howling.

LOL Yes, if you have no other options - that's a great suggestion.

But if we had been home, we probably would have gone to bed as soon as we stumbled in.

There's definitely a different feel being in a hotel.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

Dear MissF,

Here's an idea.

Take the $150 and buy yourself some really high quality new bed sheets. See if you can manage to get fluffy new pillows and a new bedspread or comfortor as well.

Get some really trusted person to change the sheets after you have left home for the wedding, and get your bed ready for your wedding night. They can use their imagination, but rose petals and chocolates might be nice.

So, you get married, then come back home to a "new" environment, with brand new luxury "hotel" sheets and other little luxuries.

That way you do what FH wants, that is come back home, but you still spend the $150 on something high quality and long-lasting. You'll get to enjoy those nice sheets for a good long time (certainly longer than one night) and FH is spared the aggravation of spending $150 for just one night.

That's a compromise that might work for you. It's food for thought.

KLAM Posts : 28 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

Where are you having your reception? Usually if its in a hotel ballroom/banquet hall they will either give you a complimentary room or a room at a discounted price. Otherwise, I would just say go home, its not that big of a deal, you will be spending your entire honeymoon at a different place.

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 7:17 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

When I got married the first time, we had a hotel room that night (gift from parents). I have to say, we were so tired it didn't really matter. It had a huge bathtub which we didn't even use, fireplace we didn't even look at... I understand wanting to have a special night, but I wouldn't spend a fortune on it. You're going to be worn out.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 7:47 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

Well I was thinking the same thing! My plan is to go home and rest and pack up for our honeymoon. Our wedding will end at 6:30. My sister found that weird as well. She asked me, "you are going straight home after your wedding? What will you do at home so early?" Well....hahahaha. ;)

But I was thinking of getting a hotel room, but why spend the extra money?

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 8:28 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We had the hotel room included, so it wasn't an extra amount and it wasn't anything spiffy, it was a slightly larger room that held the intimate cocktail hour earlier.

Course, we also got married in NJ and lived in VA.

But there is NO way I would have gone home even if we had been in VA. When I go home, I stress about things that need to be done around the house.

And our cats bug for attention. Moving them for a night would have upset them so bad it would have never been worth it.

Also at home, we would have been much more likely to go to bed without doing anything or taking our time to talk with one another. It would have been just another night.

But that's us.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

Honestly you are going to be SOOOOOO tired after everything you might just want your own bed. We stayed in a hotel b/c we got a free suite through DH's job at the hotel, and we were leaving the very next morning for our honeymoon. But if I had my choice and we weren't getting on a plane at 6am the next morning, I would have gladly slept in my own bed and woke up in my own bed!

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

I have to agree with your husband on this one. Not because of money, but because I am a sentimental sap. DH and I talked about a hotel for the night of the wedding. But it seemed more special for us to spend our first night as man and wife in our home, in our bed. I just felt like it had more significance than staying at a hotel.

I like AOTB's suggestion. Why not get some high end sheets, nice fluffy comforter and really get the room all decked out?

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Our wedding ends at 5, and we are staying at home that night. Our car comes at 3:30AM the next day to take us to the airport for the honeymoon, so things would've been crazy if we stayed at a hotel. I'm actually looking forward to being home. My FIL's are watching our dog so he won't be bugging us, and FH is looking forward to getting some "fun stuff" for that night. We are going to drink champagne and order pizza and run around like crazy fools. Then probably fall asleep at 8PM. I'm also sentimental about being home because that is where FH proposed, and he can "carry me over the threshold" in my dress.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

See if you can swing a deal with your guest hotel. You're bringing in a lot of business for them, so they may be willing to offer you a free room. Our guest hotel had a policy that gave us a free room for every X number of rooms that were rented - so we ended up with several free rooms.

Honestly, I'd advise staying at a hotel if you can. Our house was so hectic in the days leading up to our wedding that it looked like a wedding tornado had come through - or maybe just a general tornado. Wedding presents, clothes, RSVP cards....you name it, it was all over the place. Not to mention that we'd been running around like crazy people all day on the day before the wedding and never had a chance to do the dishes. Between the clutter and the several day old dishes, home was the LAST place I wanted to go after our wedding...especially in a white dress.

I was SO glad that we stayed at the hotel the night of our wedding - we didn't need to deal with any of that. We went home the following day and cleaned up, as we didn't leave for our honeymoon until Monday.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

I feel you. We didn't go home after our wedding. We stayed in our condo but I'd either do what Aunt's advice said or just maybe get your parents or friends to get you a room?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: MissFlores

After our wedding night we were sooooo tired that we went home and fell asleep right away! It wasn't very romantic, but we were both pretty sleepy by the end of the day. The honeymoon on the other hand was very romantic :)

If this is something you are set on talk with your FH about it...you only get one wedding afterall :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine