Wedding Party GIfts

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

PinkHippo Posts : 53 Registered: 11/2/08
Wedding Party GIfts
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 5:28 AM

So I am unsure about what to get my wedding party as gifts. What is everyone else getting for theirs? If you are getting jewlrey what does it look like and where are you getting it from? I have lots of ideas but just curious what others are doing?

BridesmaidGal Posts : 2 Registered: 3/9/09
Re: Wedding Party GIfts
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

A jewelry designer in Boston named Amelia Lock wrote a tip on how to get involved in designing your bridesmaid jewelry. http://surviveweddingseason.com/?p=428

Custom-designed wedding day jewelry is always a great way to go!

Check me out on Twitter: www.twitter.com/WeddingSurvival

Check out my blog: www.surviveweddingseason.com

Thank you!

byebye Posts : 37 Registered: 7/30/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

We are getting our mothers matching bracelets (I think) from Overstock.com. (those wedding catalogs have horrible cheap looking jewelry- and its not much cheaper to buy- if cheaper at all-than the real stuff) They seem to have nice jewelry- real silver with cz etc for pretty cheap- there are a huge amt of options for under $35. My e-ring is a light blue sapphire, so we might tie that in by giving them silver bracelets with cz sapphires and cz diamonds. I'm not sure what we will give his dad...he doesn't really wear cufflinks..
I'm not having bridesmaids/groomsmen, but I have just started to think about if and what I should be getting for our ushers, guest book attendents, cake cutters, photographers (family members) etc who are helping us on and before our big day. We can't do anything big because there are alot of people, but something too cheap seems like it would be better not to do anything..so I don't know. What kind of things are other people getting for non-wedding party helpers?

Cowgirlinme2 Posts : 3 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 5:14 AM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I got 2 of my Bridesmaids necklace and earring set that will match the color of their dresses since i have chosen to go with wine and apple red as my colors. I found them at David Bridal for only $30. Its actually very pretty, i'm actually concidering getting the Ivory set for myself to wear during the ceremony. For my MOH i'm getting her something a bit more only because she is doing so much for me. Being that her birthday is in July i have chosen to get her a a ruby and white saphire necklace and ring set. I'm not sure what i'm doing for my jr BM or my FG (my daughters)

Toni9203 Posts : 16 Registered: 3/8/09
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

i got them earings form Lia Sophia
and a digital picture frame from amazon.com they all have kids so i will be putting pic. of there kids on the frames

TRACYJOHNSONBRA... Posts : 42 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 5:03 AM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I am having my sisters as Matron and Maid of Honor. For their gifts, I had found a spa towel for each of them on sale at Walmart, went to weddingchannel.com and found Miss Army Knives that come complete with a corkscrew, mirror along with a few other gadgets. For jewelry, I found cross birthstone necklaces that I am hoping will go with their dresses. I gave them my mother's birthstone Sapphire because they did not have amethyst and my colors are royal blue and purple. For the best man we are buying his attire and I am not sure if my husband as of tomorrow is giving him anything else.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I've been collecting things for a bit now.

They will each receive a necklace with a claddagh/trinity knot pendant for them to wear at the ceremony (two of them will probably wear them a lot later on -- it matches their style. The other two, not sure). They are getting a pedicure set and some foot cream/foot lotion, philosophy's Microderm Exfoliating face wash and cloths. I also got them an Avon lipgloss palette. All of them are out of town, so they will also get the OOT guest bags. All of this will come in a personalized tote.

Not sure if the tote is coming from Etsy.com or justembroideredtotes.com yet though

The ceremony assistants, who are all in town, will get one of the hand made soaps as a thank you

Misty

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I got each of my girls something different. They all have different personalities and I wanted to make sure I catered to them all. Just go with your heart.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

DoesntPlayNice Posts : 809 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I plan on filling a decorative box with:

A body wrap with their monogram on it

Then a bunch of cool stuff from Bath Junkie
If you are not familiar with bath junkie you get to pick out your bath salts or bubble bath salts then pick the scent and the color for them to mix.
And some yankee candles...making a whole spa kit...but not with cheap junk that no one will ever use LOL and possibly a spa gift certificate!

Previously Posted as Military Bride.

Back from Iraq and ready to switch out the ACU's for a Wedding Dress!

EegrrBride Posts : 8 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I got each girl a personalized cosmetic bag from Etsy - they're the same bag but their names are embroidered in different colors. I'm filling it with some wedding day (and day-after and day-before) essentials including:

• a pocket/touch-up mirror (also individualized)
  • an eye mask
  • foot cream
  • lip balm
  • aspirin
  • "Foot Petals"
  • Emery boards
I'm also paying for their manis/pedis and hairstylist the day-of

The groomsmen are getting the shirt, tie and cufflinks we'd like them to wear, and I think FH will pick out something small and individualized for them, as well.

hollanle Posts : 7 Registered: 10/29/06
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: EegrrBride

What seller did you use on Etsy? I'm in the process of buying gifts for my bridesmaids now, and I absolutely love Etsy!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine