We looked at rings!

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

CCLSLR Posts : 3 Registered: 1/20/09
We looked at rings!
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 3:37 PM

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I have been a member for a few months now but did now have any reason to post anything yet. However, lately by boyfriend and I have been talking A LOT about getting engaged! Over this past weekend we went and looked at a couple local jewelers just to see what I liked the best. Well I have found out that I like solitares the best! This came as a huge surprise to both me and my boyfriend. I figured I would have picked out something that had diamonds on the band.

Anyways, I was looking online yesterday and found a few solitares that I really loved. So, last night my boyfriend and I went to the jewelry store to look at the solitares I had found online. While at the store I fell absolutely in love with this one particular one. As we were finishing up with the sales women she mentioned that he could put that particular diamond on layaway in order to save it to be sure that I get that exact diamond when he does decide to buy the ring!!

Well, he ended up putting the diamond on layaway! I am so excited! I know that I do not have the ring yet, but just knowing that he has put one on layaway lets me know that an engagement is just around the corner for us! I promised him that I would not tell anyone about him putting the diamond on layaway because he did not want my parents to find out. He wants to properly ask them for their permission without them knowing that I am aware of what is going on!! I think that is so sweet! SoI decided to post this on here since I can not talk to anyone else about it! I needed to get my excitement out some how!

Whew I feel better!

PrincessDee Posts : 58 Registered: 1/6/09
Re: We looked at rings!
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

That's great! Congratulations. Sounds like it won't be long until you get your proposal. My fiance and I just recently got engaged, so it was not long ago that I was waiting. It's so hard to be patient. Lol...at least it was for me. Hope it comes for you soon. =-)

ChristyBride Posts : 59 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

Congratulations CCLSLR! That's wonderful news. I know it can be hard holding in such great news and not being able to tell anyone you know so welcome to Brides.com! We will listen to all your fun ideas and won't tell a soul! :)

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

Congratulations! That's very exciting. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

Haha, I come on Brides.com to learn and talk about weddings too, because I am also not quite engaged and would rather not talk about it in person to people who know me!

My boyfriend and I also went ring shopping together for the first time a few weeks ago and I found that I preferred looking at men's wedding bands and watching him try them on more than browsing the engagement rings, lol.

Good luck finding patience! In the meantime, just hang out on the forums and start brushing up on your wedding and marriage knowledge.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

How exciting!! :) I went ring shopping with my boyfriend as well and I was surprised as to what I picked. A heart shapped diamond!! I can't wait to see pictures of your ring once he pops the question!

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:00 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Congrats! thats exciting!!!! :) Let us know when he proposes!

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: MandJ2010

Thanks girls! It makes me feel so much better to talk about this excitement with someone!
Now I'm not so patiently waiting for the moment to happen! LOL But we have our 3 year anniversary coming up next month and we are planning a trip so maybe it will happen then. However, I don't want to get my hopes up that's for sure! Plus he always told me he will do it when I least expect so that he would never do it on a holiday or anything. So who knows! Alll that I can do is wait! haha
I will def let you know when it does happen though!

Tofu Posts : 66 Registered: 4/2/09
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: CCLSLR

I am going to be looking at rings in a few weeks with my BF (yay! finally!) and I'm wondering what things are important to ask about and look for... I know probably too much about the 4 Cs, a little bit about settings, but beyond saying "oh, that one looks nice" I don't really know what else to do while we're in the store. Get my ring size I guess? Try them on to see how different things look? I sort of know what I like and don't like, but also realize that seeing rings in person may persuade me one way or another ...Also my BF wants to choose "the one" and suprise me so we are not going to be choosing one out in particular .... ahh this got much longer than was probably necessary!
Basically, I'm asking for any thoughts on things to know before checking out a jewellery store... that would be great, and much appreciated!

Cool

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 8:57 AM Go to message in response to: Tofu

Congrats Tofu! It's so exciting to go look at rings and really see in person all of the options out there! I'm sure you read my post and saw that I chose something totally different than expected! As far as what all to do while in the store, I went to Kays and the woman that helped us was great! We did not know very much about the 4 C's so she carefully explained them to us and even showed us rings in most of the categories. We also looked at the diamonds under the microscope which was a lot of fun and this really helped us decide what to choose! By doing this we realized that to us quality was much more important than quantity. You may come to realze this also once you see them in person and see how much more the higher quality ones sparkle and just how beautiful they truly are! I hope this helps you out! Congrats again and I hope your ring shopping experience is just as fun as mine has been!
p.s. you have to let us know what you decide you like the best and how it all goes!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine