involving our children in the ceremony

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

ButterflyInk Posts : 4 Registered: 1/20/09
involving our children in the ceremony
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 9:17 PM

FH and I both have children from our previous relationships. His son is 12 and his daughter is 11. My daughter is 7. We would like to involve them more in the ceremony other than just being in the wedding party. Any suggestions on how we could make this memorable for them too?

elleeblu Posts : 55 Registered: 4/26/08
Re: involving our children in the ceremony
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyInk

We are doing a special vow to the children during the ceremony and also including them in the sand ceremony we are having. as well as including them in on the invitations..

RLM Posts : 27 Registered: 10/4/08
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyInk

I have a 19 year old daughter. She will be one of my maids of honor. I told her she would have to battle it out with her godmother, but I know she really wants to something other than a bridesmaid. So, I'll be having two. I may also have her do a poetry reading. I'm sure she'll love that.

Congratulations on your wedding.
wedding website

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: ButterflyInk

Dear Butterfly,

You could have a special vow in the ceremony that commerates the stepparent/stepchild relationship.

"I, Joe, take you, Sarah, as my stepdaughter..."

aly829 Posts : 9 Registered: 11/11/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyInk

I was 12 when my mother remarried and to include all of us (I have 3 siblings) our pastor said something about not only starting a marriage but a new family that included..... and then one by one we were asked to come up and our mom and FSF presented each of us with a single rose and a ring. I don't remember if that was what they gave my little brother. But you could do something similar, include your own gift ideas.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine