Honeymoon in November

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

kristinmarie09 Posts : 16 Registered: 4/10/08
Honeymoon in November
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:25 PM

My fiance and I are getting married on November 7th, 2009. We want to go somewhere warm for our honeymoon, but don't know where. I was told the Bahamas would be cold and windy, so that's out. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of where we could go. If you were a November bride, where did you go?
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

GiGiBXFL Posts : 16 Registered: 12/6/08
Re: Honeymoon in November
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

hawaii suppose to be nice all year around except in december and march where it's most rainy. They say you can see whales whipping through the ocean during the month of november. I'm looking into that :)
Live in peace and harmony

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

im a december 08 bride and Im going to Myrtle Beach,SC for my honeymoon. Cheap hotel prices always happen offpeak season so anywhere is good. try Florida Miami is good
Photobucket www.weddingcountdown.com

MrsGrimm Posts : 39 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

Hey,

I'm a november bride '08 and for our honeymoon we are doing a cruise to the eastern carribean this next week. Our honeymoon was delayed - long story. The carribean is a really nice place to go in the fall/ winter. Last year we went to the Bahamas in Dec and it wasn't cold or rainy. The weather was beautiful. and the year before that we went on the western carribean cruise, which we also had perfect weather. Depending on what time in November you go, hurricane season is over. So there would be no worries there.
Hope that helps.

Jess

LizBeatlesGirl Posts : 9 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

I would wait a little and head to Hawaii! Everywhere else will be a bit cooler!

jenle Posts : 62 Registered: 4/7/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: LizBeatlesGirl

Hi!
I got married in mid-November of 2007. We went to Belize. We loved it - it was warm and beautiful! Ambergris Caye is an island off the coast of Belize and is very nice. We also loved the Mountain Pine Ridge region.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: jenle

I think anywhere in the Caribbean will be warm all year round. I never heard of the Bahamas being cold in Nov lol. I think by cold they mean 70 degrees.

MrsDH Posts : 27 Registered: 9/15/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

My cousin just got married in Nov 08, second weekend of the month, and I am also possibly planning to switch my date to Nov 2010 just based on budgeting. But she went to the Mayan Riveria in Mexico and loved it. Said the weather was excellent everyday ! Riu palace was amazing ! So I would look into somewhere around there !

Christy1975 Posts : 5 Registered: 3/24/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

My fiance and I are also getting married in November! I have been to Hawaii at the end of November before and it was warm and sunny! Mid November does start the rainy season off, but it never got bad while I was there. A few drizzles, mostly mid-morning, but it stayed warm the whole time. I have heard that some of the islands off the coast of Mexico get pretty windy and rainy. I, myself, wouldnt take that chance.
I dont know if you've ever been, but we are thinking about Disney World! It will be warm in Florida and there are a lot of things to do and see! They have a lot of resorts that mimic the islands and things. There is one that looks like the Carribean, so you could get a little of both.

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

I live in Miami and in November it depends. The majority of the time we are nice and sunny with the temps in the 80's. But northern cold fronts do make its way down to us and we can dip into the lower 70's with a breeze. Depending where you're from, you might like the 70's. The Carribbean is the same way. The majority of the time will be nice and hot but you could get a "cold" front passing through. Hawaii and the South Pacific are always warm, as is Costa Rica. You could check out those places too... HTH :)

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

I got married on November 3, and we honeymooned in Puerto Rico. The weather was pretty nice -- the only problem is that it did rain every day, but usually for only 20 minutes or so, and it really didn't bother us at all.

Other than that, if you can afford it, Hawaii has pretty much year-round, perfect weather.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kristinmarie09 Posts : 16 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

Thank you guys so much for all of the advise. We did look into going to Hawaii, but it is out of our budget right now. We are working on getting our house built!! FH booked our honeymoon yesterday to Jamaica. We also purchased the insurance just incase the weather gets bad. I did look at the history of the weather in that area in November and there really wasn't any rain. If it did rain, it was for like 20 mins. or so. I am so excited! One more thing checked off the list!
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: kristinmarie09

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine