military weddings

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
military weddings
Posted: May 31, 2005 10:36 PM

Okay i just wanted to throw this out there ...

if anyone is planning a military wedding, i can help you out with customs or whatnot...and i have found tons and tons and tons of favors, cake toppers, custom garters and anything else you can imagine for military weddings and anything else. if someone is looking for something custom i probabaly could help ya find it...

i am kinda bored i am very far ahead in my wedding planning and i have found some great stuff. if anyone needs help..just lemme know Smile

MAN i must be bored Big Grin

BlondeBrideDMD Posts : 3 Registered: 2/17/09
Re: military weddings
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 10:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi there!

So I just read your post and I realize you wrote it a couple of years ago, but I'm hoping you can help me with one thing:

In a military wedding, does the groom still wear a boutonniere? I've been seeing in a lot of photos that it's not done.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

BlondeBrideDMD

When you figure out love is all that matters after all, it sure makes everything else seem so small. 

nimnimsgirl Posts : 28 Registered: 9/19/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: BlondeBrideDMD

If your man will be wearing his uniform, then there should be no boutonnierre. Even though it is a wedding, the uniforms still have to be regulation...at least as far as I know. I know my hubby always freaks out whenever i even mention his uniforms being altered or changed. I might be wrong though! But with how strict the military is about uniforms, especially the dress uniforms, I doubt that adding a flower will be "acceptable". Plus, with the nameplates and other ribbons that tend to be on the uniforms, a boutonnierre might just get lost in the mix.

It's the little things that bring beauty to life...

http://scrapsoflife.dreamhosters.com

MooreLove Posts : 16 Registered: 7/8/08
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: BlondeBrideDMD

if the groom is wearing his uniform he most definitely cannot wear anything on his uniform unless it is government issued... meaning no flowers, even if he is wearing his personals.

marinesevenseve... Posts : 1 Registered: 7/26/09
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm having a military wedding in July, but I absolutley no clue on how to do my cake. Have any suggestions?
The lesson is in the struggle not in the victory, so forgive, love, and embrace every moment, everything happens for a reason.Innocent

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: marinesevenseve...

You can do it with your cake topper, for example:

http://www.weddingcollectibles.com/Military-Air-Force-Wedding-Cake-Topper-Figurine-p-356.html

Military Air Force Wedding Cake Topper Figurine

joyful embrace marine mis.jpg (61314 bytes)
http://www.miscaketops.com/

Military Sexy African American Cake Topper- Air Force - Navy - Army - Marines

Or you can go with Marine Corps colors for your cake accents:

Truthfully though, I'd be more inclined to pick the cake I loved and just put a personalized figurine of me and my sweetie in uniform as the cake topper. Just because you're marrying a Marine does not mean that the wedding has to be completely Marine. Your life will be the Marines...your wedding should be a little of you, too.

Misty

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: marinesevenseve...

If you want to include the Marines on your cake, you can do what we're doing. We're having three tiers and the middle one will have Semper Fi written on it in yellow (our color) icing. We're also having a Marine cake topper.

Our favor stickers will have our names & date on it with the EGA in yellow as the background. The table number cards will as well.

We also found placecards and napkins with the EGA on them in gold.

People do all sorts of motifs and themes for their weddings. If you want a Marine themed or EGA motif wedding, go for it! It's gonna be a huge part of your married life (at least at the beginning) together, so why not make your wedding reception personal?

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 1:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine