Keep Each Other Motivated

Online Users: 1,274 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 108

Jessica696 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/4/08
Re: Keep Each Other Motivated
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: WinterBrideToBe

Hey girls!!!

Sweet Sunset - I love your attitude! You are so positive and inspirational! Keep up the good work!

Winterbride - my motto $hit happens!!! Sometimes you need that brownie. If you never give yourself a treat every now and then you will lose complete motivation!!! Keep it up! You can do it!

Bridal Blogger - thanks for joining our thread! You sound very knowledgable and I bet your advice will help us all!

As for me, I decided to drink an entire pitcher of beer last night plus a bottle... OPPSS... The strange thing is is that when I stood on the scale this morning I weighed 136.6. I didn't believe it so I weighed myself again and it was still the same! I'm not sure how I lost 2 lbs... I didn't eat as much last night because I was drinking. Could there be a connection?

Good Luck Ladies!!!
Future Mrs. Hardt

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

WinterBride~ The way I see it you had one not the whole pan so that's great!!! When we try to not let ourselves have things then we want/crave them more. I have gone to the minature candy bars b/c I can get one and go sit at the computer and that's enough for my sugar tooth. But if I had the big one and sat down I'd eat the whole thing before I thought about it.

Jessica- girl I don't know how that happend but hey 2lbs is 2 lbs.. :) and drinks to go with it what more could a girl ask for.

As for me I just got back from the gym, my trainer is still kicking my a@@ but it is getting easier on some things. My fh is beginning to take notice and do some stuff himself crunches and stuff. I have lost 2lbs whoo hoo!!! And for the last 3 days I had 4 bottles of water. It's Wednesday the week is almost over and spring break begins for me.
Keep moving anything is better than nothing.

Talk to you soon ~ Lesley

wedding web site

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Well it's the weekend and usually the hardest time to stay on track for me. I didn't go to our farm this weekend going bridesmaid shopping this afternoon. My goal is work out today and tomorrow not with my trainer just me mostly cardio stuff. My goal for today is to only have 1 drink at lunch with the girls.
Make it a great weekend. Get out and move that FH for a walk have fun. Remember to keep us posted.
wedding web site

FutureMrsBilos Posts : 10 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

It is finally my glorious spring break - big plans for sleeping in, and catching my scrapbook up!

I've been doing great with working out daily; I'm around my two week mark. I added in some light weights to tone up my arms on Wednesday, and I was nice and sore until today. I took it easy Thursday and Friday and only did light cardio and yoga. I got in an hour and a half of cardio today, and I will do yoga before bed tonight! My treadmill is still stubbornly broken though - not quite sure what to do there but my fiancé will hopefully fix it eventually. Eating better is coming along slowly. I have my weekly grocery shopping tonight, so hopefully I will keep far away from temptations!

How'd lunch with the girls go MrsPJM3? Did you get a good cardio in today? I'm glad it is spring, and the weather is milder. My fiancé hates walking when it is bitter outside, and I don't much enjoy it myself! Now that it is nicer out, we will probably get out with our dogs and take them for a walk around the lakes nearby more often. Drink more alcohol, and eat less food sounds like a fun diet plan to me!

I hope everybody enjoys the rest of the weekend, and keeps up the hard work!

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

I just got back from vacation today! I did a lot of walking (a couple days about 20,000 steps - I had my pedometer with me :) ) while I was there, but the food thing...didnt go so well! Its so hard to eat good when you are out.

New week coming up....yay....I went to the store and stocked up on some healthy foods! :)

So many new faces!!! Welcome everyone!!

Tomorrow morning I am going to hopefully go for a run and then do my workout video (30 day shread) later in the afternoon.
The FH working out and eating right thing isnt working out like I said in one of my last post. He isnt really following through. People are starting to comment about him actually, gaining weight lately...GREAT...lol. :-D Hopefully he will kick in gear soon. Ive just learned I cant make him ...he will have to make the decision on his own to start eating healthier and exercising more.

Come on ladies we can do this!!!!!!! :)

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: MandJ2010

Happy Sunday Ladies!!! I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.
Sounds like everyone is doing just fine!

Jess - Thank you! I try to stay positive no matter what. Lifes too short, you know? I bet that whole beer thing is because you ate lighter, but who knows, our bodies are mysteries. Good job on the weight loss though!
WWB- Like everyone else has said, one brownie is ok and we can't totally cut out the things we love. Or then we'll go on brownie binges and thats never a good thing... Have a brownie once a week as a reward for all the hard work you do :)
MrsPJM- Keep up the awesome job. You're so motivated!!
FMBilos-Congrats on passing the two week mark! I noticed that working out was a lot easier when I got to this point. Keep it up!!
MandJ-Welcome back from your Vaca! Where did you go? You're right about your FH, he has to realize himself that he needs to do something. Atleast he's getting some comments on his weight though. Soon enough he'll start eating better and exercizing with you :)

Well ladies I've been running about every other day and thats about it. Been watching what Ive been eating and I'm feeling pretty good. Still no soda, no fast food, no coffee at Starbucks. I still go to Starbucks (its a habit) but I get tea. I'll tell you, I think cutting out those coffee syrup espresso calories has helped a lot! I got on the scale this morning and I'm down to 132.5 (that .5 will never go away!!!) Seeing that this morning was a huge motivation. I've been stuck between 133.5 and 134.5 for awhile, and it was kinda taking a toll. But low and behold...I kept running and it went down!! Keep up the hard work ladies. We will look great and feel great on our wedding days :)

MandJ2010 Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Sweetsunset- congrats on the weight loss!! Also, congrats on the no soda, fast food and starbucks! thats great!!!! Oh and I went to Flordia for vacation! :)

Today I have been feeling better ...yesterday I ate a lot better foods and I think it overall helped me feel better. Fatty foods just make you feel fat and blah.

I am hoping to get some cardio in later tonight. I just hope I am not too tired from my day by the time I can cram it in!
Keep up the good work ladies!!! :)

BridalBlogger Posts : 6 Registered: 3/17/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

Hello Ladies-

I am excited to report I started training for a 1/2 marathon last week. I found this great training program in the March addition of Fitness Mag. It is for beggener runners! Which is what I consider myself. It is a 6 week program to prepare you for a 1/2 marathon. Pretty good so far I must say! You work out 6 days a week but only 1/2 hour or so a day, depending on how many miles. Every other day you do what is called x-training. With x-training you get a choice of what you want to do for exercise. You can choose to run hills and jog down, do sprints, or just work out with weights and work on core muscle groups. I also purchased the 30 day Shred. Has anybody on here heard of it? It has Jillian from the biggest looser training you how to tone and firm in 30 days. I am going to try it tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. :)

Jessica - Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am excited to meet all of you and can't wait to hear about all your exciting progress! I know you will all do great!

Bridal Blogger

Advice for brides from a bride!

Bridal Talk

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: BridalBlogger

Hey Guys~ The lunch went well I only had one drink but I really wanted the second. I didn't get cardio in on Saturday but I walked all day at the mall and bridesmaid shopping. On Sunday we worked in the yard for 5 hours. Since it was just fh and another guy the flower beds had not been cleaned out in 5 years they didn't care. It was a huge job my arms and back were so sore from all the raking. But they look great now.
Last night met with trainer agian worked arms not fun after Sunday's yard work. Tonight legs and abs then off for a few extra days at the farm. I'll have fh walking with me hopefully twice a day. The water hasn't been so good since I've been home for spring break. Not drinking soda's or much else just not as much water. My goal for rest of week is 3 bottles a day. Also went to Dr. last week for check up and blood pressure was really high then agian yesterday when I went in for a recheck. Ughhhh I am hoping it is because of a medicine I take for depression. We are going to take me off of it then possibly change it up. One thing the dr asked was are you exercising. I was like yes!! So we'll see I'll run by this afternoon and check it agian.

Way to go on the 20000 steps!!! Think that was Mandi but I'm not sure sorry if I don't have it right :) Ok Ladies keep moving. Our weddings will be here before you know it.
wedding web site

Jessica696 Posts : 38 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Sweet Sunset - You sound like you are right on track!!! The weight may be due to muscle gain! Keep up the good work!

MandJ - I know how you feel. It is difficult to stay motivated sometimes.

Mrs. B - Keep it up! Grocery shopping can be a difficult task. Maybe try figuring out your meals in advance...

Bridal Blogger - A 1/2 marathon! Good for you! That is a lot!

Mrs. PJM - I am happy to hear that your dinner with the girls went well! I hope you figure out what in the world is going on with your health though!

As for me... I am not stepping on the scale right now. I blew it this weekend... BAD... I guess I kinda feel like once I have cheated over the weekend I let myself go the entire time! Bad excuse I know. I want to work out at least 3 times this week because the past couple of weeks I haven't been. I will keep you all informed!

Good Luck Ladies!

Future Mrs. Hardt

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: Jessica696

OK Ladies it's check in time!?!?! Where is everyone and how are you doing? I am 101 days from my wedding. I really think my trainer is finally paying off some. I had people yesterday and today at work as me if I'm losing weight although damn scale doesn't say I am. My main goal is to tone up what's already there anyway. I will have a measure re-check in a week and a half and I refuse until then to measure b/c I want to see progress. However I am noticing some difference in my arms and my stomach and fh swears my butt has lifted. Ok whatever anywhoo. I've kept my water up yea me!!! and my blood pressure has been down the past 5 days so my doc is happy too.
Jess~ How are things now that spring break is over??? Are you getting back into workout mode?
MandJ- What's going on?
Ms B~ Keep us posted
and ohh here I go crap who's doing the marathon Ok you marathon bride sorry I can't for the life of me remember your name-- How's the training going?
Sunset- What's going on in your world.
Come on ladies we have to keep each other going..
I am heading to my son's baseball game then home to blacken some fish for a healthy dinner.
Lesley
wedding web site

SweetSunset Posts : 159 Registered: 1/15/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Hi Ladies!!

Well, I'm still at 132.5....but I have found new motivation this week! We booked our honeymoon yesterday, so not only do I want to look good in my wedding dress, but also in multiple bikini's :) Still watching what I eat, drinking water...blah, blah, blah. I've kinda jumped off the exercize wagon though because I pulled a muscle in my back and I want that to heal. Tomorrow though I'm going hardcore...well more hardcore then lately! I'm going to spend 2 hours exercizing. Nothing crazy, but I do want to push myself to run longer. Running is really whats going to take my butt/thighs away. My top half looks like skinny minnie, but my bottom half looks like fat albert LOL...

MrsPJM - Don't you love it when you finally start getting compliments? I know your scale isnt budging but something is paying off because those compliments are rolling in. Keep it up!! :)

How is everyone else doing?

FutureMrsBilos Posts : 10 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: SweetSunset

Hey everybody!

SweetSunset - I'm so glad you stuck with your plan even when your weight loss paused; it's a great example for us all that the results will come if we keep going! I'm sorry you pulled a muscle though - I hope that heals quickly. Running is definitely something I need to add into my plan. Where are you going on your honeymoon?

MandJ - Welcome back from vacation! Good job stocking up on healthy things, it sounds like you jumped right back into your routine. Hopefully your FH will see the effort you are making to look your best on your wedding and he will follow too.

BridalBlogger - A ½ marathon is impressive - amazing motivation too! How is your training going?

MrsPJM - Aren't compliments huge boosters? It's so nice when people notice your hard work! I'm glad to hear your blood pressure is down too. Sounds like something is working in your favour even if the scale isn't moving =)

Jessica - How did your week go? Get in your workouts? It's okay to fall off track as long as you can motivate yourself to get back on it. We all believe you can do it! Just remember how much you want it too.

Well, my spring break is over now... unfortunately. They go so fast. For the last half of it I got lazy with my belly dance workouts, but continued with yoga daily. Still doing light weights too. Got back into doing the belly dance classes on Sunday, so that end of it is back on track! However, it's my birthday, and my fiancé surprised me with a cookie cake... which I love, but it is huge and it is just the two of us. So, I will be falling way off the eating better track for a few days. I'll just have to put some extra effort into my workouts - good thing there are two hours of belly dancing today!

I hope everybody has a good week, and keeps on track.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

Hello everybody!
I haven't read every single post but I read the first page and a half or so, or maybe two and you all seem so supportive. Hope you don't mine that I hope in on this little support/motivation fest you all have going on!

I am 5ft6in and I weigh 150 lbs (even though all my scales seem to disagree, this is about the average...it varies from 146-154)
I want to weigh 128 lbs

I know that, that number sounds really random! I used to row and I was a lightweight rower, the weight I always had to be at then was no more than 128 lbs. When I was at this weight, it was when I felt my healthiest and when I felt I looked my best. So 128 is the goal again!

I am a vegetarian who eats fish...and started stocking up way too much on pastas, rices and snacks after cutting out the meat.

I have already started eliminating the bad foods and working out on a semi-regular basis

Also, I am good for advice since I take some nutrition classes as well as was a pretty insane athlete. I was captain of my rowing team, captain of my soccer team and the 4th fastest runner in my category in my city. So if you ever need advice, hopefully I will be able to help!

My only problem is lack of motivation and I think this is the perfect place to get it!

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 10:13 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Welcome BrighterthanSunshine~ You goal sounds very reasonable and you know what works for your body. Now you just need to get moving agian. I am not a very good self motivator hence the need for a trainer but if I feel accountable to someone I really push myself. I really enjoy this thread b/c I feel like my friends in bride land here actually want to know whats going on. So what is your starting plan and are you currently married or do you have a date set.
The whole pasta, rice thing is very hard for me also. We (my family and fh's family) are true southerners we love our rice with gravy and potatoes with gravy and tons and tons of pasta.Like one or the other everynight with dinner and sometimes both. I am trying to cut back to pasta once a week and only once a week with either potatoes or rice. I am so ready for our garden to produce so we can have lots of veggies except I'll need to work on other ways to fix them. I swear we fry everything around here. That is a goal is to learn to cook healthier.
Again welcome and keep us posted.

And yes the compliments are such a boost it makes me want to work harder. But Auntflo paid her monthly visit yesterday and ughhh the only thing I want right now is a huge coffee and an gooey brownie or maybe the whole dang pan at this point. I hate that feeling. Ughh so far I haven't caved in but my will is growing weaker by the minute.
Lesley
wedding web site

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine