I am engaged!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

WaitingToBHis Posts : 28 Registered: 2/16/09
I am engaged!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 9:47 PM

As of yesterday, I am officially engaged!! I am so excited....now I have to get through the next fourteen months without going insane! lol He actually got down on one knee to propose (i NEVER expected that!!) and then got so flustered and tongue-tied he just sat there for a couple of minutes holding my hand....it was absolutely the most romantic moment of my life! We have picked the date as 5-15-10 because May 15 of last year was the first time he said "I love you" and we wanted plenty of time to save money as we will be paying for everything ourselves. He is wanting to go to Key West for the honeymoon! My guy is awesome....guess I should say my future husband, huh? lol Wow, I really like the sound of that

CBM09 Posts : 121 Registered: 3/7/08
Re: I am engaged!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congrats! Enjoy this feeling and enjoy your time being engaged. Time will definitely fly!

VermontFutureMrs Posts : 34 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 2:28 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congrats!

wedding website

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 7:49 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congrats!!!! Now you get to start planning :)

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

You are right about starting to plan...I was up until midnight last night looking on the internet for ideas on colors, etc. lol I am going to be insane by Fall LOL

Thanks for the well wishes ladies.
wedding website

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congratulations on the proposal. Were the two of you out somewhere together when he proposed or just sitting at home relaxing ? Just curious, I love good proposal stories.

Anyway, be prepared to change your mind about decor, themes, and general ideas regarding your wedding about a thousand times lol. I know I did! Just know that its normal. Number one thing should be the budget and figuring that out. Once you know what you can spend, then everything else can be done accordingly.

Good luck to you!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

davidgroom Posts : 19 Registered: 1/30/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congratulations!!! Now get ready for all the wedding arrangements! That is a lot of work!

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: davidgroom

Congratulations! The time will go by fast, I thought I'd go crazy waiting for our day to come and we've been engaged since 1/1/08, already over a year!! and let me tell you I can't believe how fast the last year went by and here we are 6 months away from our wedding!

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congrats! How'd he propose? What are your ideas?

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Congratulations! It goes by sooo fast. I thought I would go crazy too but I'm really glad that I had the 15 months to enjoy being engaged and take my time planning the wedding. And we'll have the same anniversary, yeah May 15th!

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Hi ladies and thanks for all the well wishes. We were at home (we have lived together for about a year now) and he had me sit down on the cedar chest at the foot of our bed so he could take my picture....he is a amatuer photographer and is ALWAYS taking pics so him taking my picture was no big deal to me lol....until he got down on one knee that is!!! He is extremely shy so of course he got tongue tied and flustered and had to just kneel there for a couple of minutes until he got his composure back and then asked me would I marry him! Of course, I said yes and then started crying lol. The picture of him and I in my album is actually taken right after I stopped crying. It was so extremely romantic to me....I never expected him to get down on one knee!!! That is my old-fashioned guy though

It is looking like we are going to have to change the date though. There aren't many really nice places around here to have weddings and we both absolutely loved the one we looked at yesterday but it is booked May 15!! No reservations have been made in April, May or June except that one day!!! I was so upset but he said that we could do it another day because we want that location so it is looking like we will be upping it by a month......that is one month less that I have to wait lol

I still have not decided on colors and would love any suggestions you ladies have. I am thinking maybe peach but don't know what to put with it.
wedding website

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

That's cute how he proposed :o)

Peach is a nice color, we are doing a soft teal (not that bright teal) with peachy orange for the flowers, it sounds like an odd combination but they go together really well. Since yours is in spring you could do brighter colors like a peach/orange and an aquamarine type of blue.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: 2009ToBeMrsV

Thanks for the suggestion on flowers. i love the idea of using aquamarine...i think that would be a good choice with the beach theme. I would not have thought of that color, though....I am not very good at putting colors together. My closet vouches for that, too LOL
wedding tickers

bbaker0525 Posts : 14 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: WaitingToBHis

Congrats!! I just got engaged a week ago!! Its all soo exciting isnt it!!

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: bbaker0525

It is SO exciting! I still cannot believe it....I love it when my FH says something about me being his wife-to-be....it just makes my heart flutter lol
wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine