Hello to all November 2009 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43

tinka79 Posts : 24 Registered: 9/8/08
Re: Hello to all November 2009 Brides
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: Aurora17

We are thinking of using Burnt Orange and Ivory for our colors and I really want to use Tiger lily's for the flowers.... How about everyone else?
It's getting close now 9 months to go anyone else feeling anxious?

suzycop Posts : 12 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: tinka79

Hi new to this forum (I had put up a thread on cakes earlier)! Pretty cool to see so many people getting married in Nov. also! Our wedding date is 11/14 :) Can't wait!

We've booked a great photographer, venue, and got my dresses and all as well (since my fiancee is Indian, we are having both a Catholic & Hindu Ceremony)! If people would like I can share my vendors (or not; but most of them travel- i.e. photographer & make-up/hair person).

If people have ideas on cakes I'd love to hear about that. We've been debating about whether to do cupcakes or a traditional cake.

thanks!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: suzycop

Suzycop, where in PA are you from? I'm curious about your vendors... We pretty much have everything narrowed down as to what we are doing but it's always nice to see what others will be doing as well!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: tinka79

Hi, I'm getting married in Philly but my photographer is based out of NJ, his website is: www.AshFotos.com
He put me in touch with a fantastic lady based out of NC who does hair & make-up (absolutely beautiful)- she charges for travel costs + lodging, but over all I came out far cheaper than hiring someone from a salon (the total for her came out to around $450.00 which includes myself and my mom + sister)

we opted not to have a videographer b/c our photographer provides an amazing photo DVD set to music with each package- so that's been awesome.

other than that, the only other main thing is the cake issue.

how about you?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: suzycop

Hi, we are getting married outside of Pittsburgh. We are using mostly locals for the wedding our wedding and reception will be at banquets unlimited in Irwin we found a wonderful Rev. (Rev. Wayne Seman) to officiate we actually are meeting with him tonight. We are going back and forth on Photoghaphers Wayne's wife offers photoghraphy for the couples he marries at a very cheap rate but excellent work, so I'm thinking we may just go with her. A freind of my fiance will be the DJ (DJ Danger) I got my dress, no clue on bm dresses yet I really cant find any I like. I found awesome flowers on line I can't remember the site off hand but they are Porcelian and look very real I'm really considering using them they have sworvorski crystals in them and are to die for! Our banquet hall is all inclusive so they decorate and everything for you, of course you get to pick out the decorations and centerpeices and all that jazz, they all have many different cakes to choose from we meet with them again in april to start picking some of those things out... other than that thats about all we got done, doesnt seem like much when i started putting it all down!

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: yrret107

Hi I'm getting married in Philly also! If you want I have some recommendations if that will help you somewhat! I'm more local here so my fiance and I have been able to go see a few more things around here!

good luck with your move!

Edited by: suzycop on Feb 20, 2009 9:47 AM

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: suzycop

Hey I I am getting married Nov 14 09 as well. Apparently Nov is becoming pretty popular. There are 2 other weddings on my fiancee's side this Nov as well. Luckily nobody planned teh same date as us,though. We are doing Chocolate brown, Tiffany Blue and Ivory. We actually have alot planned, venue, church,photographer, tuxes, dresses (including mine) etc. I'm glad that we jumped on it when we did cause I started finding that alot of people were booking for that date already.

nightowl89 Posts : 44 Registered: 7/23/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: bunnybear05

A very popular day and month indeed...

Okay, so my colors are chocolate brown, claret, gold and silver. We'd originally only intended to go with the gold, but my dress is embroidered with silver, so we really couldn't easily escape it. We're also going to have Scottish tartans as part of our decorations (Modern Red Galloway and Modern Green MacLeod) since we're both Scottish descendents.

We have a bunch already done, and I was following the checklist on here and everything, but when it switched over, I lost all of it and my dates are now completely different. As if this wasn't stressful enough! I have to figure this out all over again!

We haven't booked our officiant yet or our photographer. I need to get a number from my MOH about that as he did her wedding, and the photographer I was planning to use was recently diagnosed with cancer. We've mostly chosen the BM dresses, but the two MOHs want a different one, so we're going to have to go to a different store so they can try on the dress. Oi! Things are so complicated sometimes.

wedding countdown

Nov0709bRiDe Posts : 1 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: lucky1996

Wedding date: November 7, 2009 too! Congratulations to all November 2009 Brides! Best month for weddings I think....this october is my 30th birthday so I guess is going to be a good way to celebrate...:)
Best wishes from Mexico
1 CORINTHIANS 13

forlife77 Posts : 12 Registered: 2/23/09
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: WinnieC

Add me to the November bride list!

I am getting married November 21st in Key West Florida!

Congrats to all of you! This is going to be an exciting year!

Tasha ~ November 2009 Bride to be ~

Marrying the Man of my Dreams!

10 Years as Friends; 7 years in Madly in Love, Engaged for 2 - Its about time and we are so ready!

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: nightowl89

Nightowl,
That is really too bad about your intended photographer. You seem to be going with the flow, that is great! I found it the easiest to let two of my bridesmaids ( I have 9 girls standing up) decide what dress they wanted. This way if any of the other bridesmaids didnt like it, I could send them to one of the two. Granted, I really didn't get the color of dress I wanted ( the dress they really liked didnt come in tiffany blue), but looking at the one they wanted it would have looked terrible in the tiffany blue. Much better in chocolate. It was actually alot easier of a process then I thought it would be. This is what they chose... The pleating actually matches the train on my dress so it worked out really nicely.

Couture Collection - 1510

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Nov0709bRiDe

Hi! Where in Mexico are you getting married? we are going to be going there for our honeymoon! I can't wait!!!!

818diva Posts : 1 Registered: 7/7/06
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: Aurora17

I'm a November 7 bride too! Getting married in my hometown - Bakersfield, CA. I'm using burgundy, pumpkin orange and sage green as my colors. What about everyone else?

Here's another question: my cocktail hour will be outside in a grove of trees - the reception will be inside in the banquet room of an art museum. Any ideas for fun things for guests to do during cocktail hour? (3pm - 4:30pm)

So excited about marrying my guy!

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: 818diva

Ok so I think we have offically changed our colors to Red black and white.... Is it still ok to go with a fall theme? Does anyone have any ideas for me?

NovemberBride09 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/17/09
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: tinka79

Hello fellow November 09 Brides! Add me to the list~ November 28th is the Big Day!!!

That is our 4 year anniversary together so we though that would be special & with being right there at Thanksgiving definitely gives us alot to be thankful for =)

I love all the colors I am hearing~ I am thinking of going with a Deep Eggplant Purple with a touch of Cranberry Red...what do you think??

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine