Where Is Your Locations Going To Be At - church, outside, etc.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

BtownBride2010 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/22/09
Where Is Your Locations Going To Be At - church, outside, etc.
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 3:42 PM

So i'm wondering where everyone is going to have their wedding. Wondering if you are going to have it in a church, out side, in a backyard at someone house, or a beach or etc. Also how much its going to cost you to have it at your location.
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

~ BtownBride2010 ~

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Re: Where Is Your Locations Going To Be At - church, outside, etc.
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our wedding is going to be at a historic mansion. The rental of the mansion for 9 hours is going to cost about $2,000 but that doesn't include anything.

Lilypie Baby Tickerpreview image

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We picked a banquet hall. The ceremony will be outside at their gazebo. There are plenty of trees and open lawn so it will look nice. The reception is going to be at the same place but inside. The cost is $74 per person and that includes open bar for 5 hours, the center pieces, the meals of course, the toast and wine on each table, and the wedding cake. The ceremony itself will cost $500 and I have to pay per chair. Overall including tax and tips I think it will cost me about $7000 since I will be having about 70 guests.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

Our ceremony was at a church and the reception was at a typical reception venue. It was a restaurant that does lots of special events and weddings, and has a separate floor and kitchen dedicated to catering. It was a great location, since it was pre-decorated, the food was great, we had a dedicated coordinator, and they designed a wedding package that fit our needs.

We didn't pay a rental fee for the church, as we are members. We had to use their organist (which was fine, since he's really good), but his fee was very reasonable. The church simply asked for a donation in whatever amount we could afford.

We also didn't pay a rental fee for our reception venue, as we had an all-inclusive package. I believe they required us to spend a minimum amount, but it was very low and we easily spent double the requirements. The package was all-inclusive and priced at a certain amount per guest.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We had our wedding ceremony on Stewart Beach on Galveston Island, TX and our wedding reception was at what was called "The Wedding Chapel" which was basically a house transformed to hold small intimate weddings. It turned out GREAT. Unfortunately the beach and the house/chapel was destroyed in Hurricane Ike last year. We paid $500 for the ceremony/reception.

Mrs. Pinky

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

futuremrsks Posts : 57 Registered: 1/6/09
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We are going to have our wedding at our church. FH would have it no other way. It will probally cost us all together $400 to have it there. They also include videography for just $50 to tape the wedding. Which I think is a steal consider you can pay almost $1000 to get it done anywhere else.

BtownBride2010 Posts : 17 Registered: 2/22/09
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

So i'm having my location is in an old barn that has been updated. All together with less than 100 people is going to cost me $750 dollars.

downstairs seating
Copy of downstairs seating

kitchen entrance

Copy of kitchen entrance

seating around the bar

Copy of seating around the bar

front of the barn

Copy of front of barn

seating area upstairs

Copy of seating

front entrance

Copy of front entrance

the back part where i'm going to get married

Copy of back of barn
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

~ BtownBride2010 ~

MrsPJM3 Posts : 129 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

We are getting married at on outdoor amphitheater. My fh designed and built it with a team of 3 as his sr. year architect project It's over a lake.. We are having our reception at an old warehouse that has been converted to use for community center. Both are free to use as the town is so thankful for the theater and we will be the first wedding there. I am hoping to have pics soon of the theater but here is a link
http://www.latech.edu/tech/liberal-arts/architecture/BananaGallery/Amphitheater/index.html

wedding web site

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPJM3

Mrs.P - that amphitheatre your husband helped to design and build is SO PRETTY! Send him congrats for me! I've always loved architecture and that's just so so cool and natural looking. :)

I got married at the outdoor amphitheatre at a Doutaht State Park here in Virginia. The rental for that and the reception venue (including tables and chairs) was $290.

IMG_7165.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

Chazrandom034.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

MrsPJM and Ballycastle, I LOVE your venues!

I loved mine, too. Here it is in Topanga Canyon, California (these aren't pics from my wedding BTW, but you get the idea):

Inn of the Seventh Ray

Inn of the Seventh Ray

preview image

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: BtownBride2010

BallycastleBride- Your location looks amazing. That's the kind of setting I'd love to get married in. Is that in Ireland?

I'm getting married outside in October at a historic village in New Jersey. It's called Allaire Historic Village (also known as Allaire State Park). I have pictures of it during the fall in an album on here because I'm dense when it comes to posting pictures on here. It cost us 450$ for the "Chapel fee" (we are having it in the historic chapel if it rains but its going to be in the Gazebo if the weather is good) and 55$ for the "Special Use Permit". So that would be a total of 505$ all together. Here is the website if anyone wanted to check it out: http://www.allairevillage.org/

Our reception is going to be at my dad's firehouse and that was free :)

wedding count down

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

A reception at a firehouse? That is AWESOME!

Bally, I will try to remember to post more pics from home, where I have pics of my actual wedding. It's such a beautiful natural setting (even though it's a restaurant). That's of course why I love your location--so beautiful!

preview image

kateo Posts : 18 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I got married in St Lucia... but I was bridesmaid for my friend's wedding last year and they found a beautiful lakeside location in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. It's a luxury log cabin set on 12 acres and the family stayed in the cabin for the week (which is ultra-plush!) Then hosted a huge party on the decks and in the gardens... there is a grand staircase coming down from the deck, which the bride and groom walked down from each direction... it looked AWESOME! It cost about $5000 I think for the house for a week but it was a holiday for everyone and the catering was really good value - as it was Arkansas! If you want to feel like a movie star with a big, luxury pad - this is a great find! The website is: http://www.anedodi.com - you may be able to rent it just for the weekend... not sure, ask them... And Congratulations!!

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: Apr 8, 2009 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: kateo

We are having our ceremony in the USVI, on the island of St. John. We will be standing on the beach with just our immediate families. We are having a reception at home two weeks later, but haven't picked the venue yet.

URL="http://www.whenismywedding.com/"IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/d7a0d758157ae230.gif[/IMG][/URL]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine