Wedding items that your found/find useless

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 46

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: Wedding items that your found/find useless
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Misty - "We have also added a twist to the Flower Girl for our ceremony tonight. We have a Flame Bearer, who will illuminate the path for us as we start our new life together."

THAT is the coolest thing I've EVER seen mentioned about a wedding ceremony. I really hope you catch some pics or even a video of this. Wow!

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Our Wedding Website 

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Re: Wedding items that your found/find useless
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 3:32 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsDodge

I got the "Promises" figurine from my Aunt for my bridal shower! It is so beautiful!

We got our guest book as a photobook from shutterfly. It was free since I got my dress at David's Bridal.

My veil I got for $39 from veils by Olena. It's not the best quality but it's still pretty and what I wanted and I'm only wearing it for the ceremony anyway. I got a really cute comb tiaraish thing on ebay for under $10.

I think the fancy "guest book pens" just look stupid and are way too much money. I bought regular pens from walmart for cheap and silk roses on sale at Michael's for 50% off and I'm turning them into those pens that look like flowers to make them pretty. Besides, I like that there will be 4 in case people want to sign at the same time on adjoining pages or in case one or two go missing or something.

I got program and place card packs by Martha Stewart at Michael's and used 50% off for both packs so I got nearly 100 programs and 100 placecards for $20.

No disposable cameras. Most everyone there has a digital camera anyway and my photog is awesome.

FH's grandparents gave us beautiful Waterford toasting flutes as an E-present.

Got cheapo serving set for $10 at Walmart and will dress up with ribbon (got on sale at Michael's for 25 cents a spool) and charms I got on ebay for 99 cents each.

Bought a tiara from Michael's and used a 40% coupon to get it for about $4 to use as a cake topper.

I got a very well made set of garters with charms to match the theme and work as my something blue for under $20. Our toss bouquet was free from my florist. (as were the rose petals and ring bearer bouts)

No aisle runner. The aisle will be pretty enough anyway and contrast to my dress.

Pew bows on clearance at Party City $10 for 12 of them.

Got the flower girl baskets at Party City too they were normally $7 but turns out they were on clearance too for only $4.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine