What is your budget?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 132

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: What is your budget?
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: FutureLeoBride

FutureLeo - LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forever Odd quote. I'm listening to that book right now! LOVED Odd Thomas!

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: FutureLeoBride

Well, originally, FH and I didn't want to spend anymore than $10,000 on our wedding, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think we're going to go wayyy over. Possibly around 15-18 k We are trying our best to keep everything under 20 k. Prices here in Southern California are not the cheapest, so we've really had lots of trouble trying to find an affordable venue. We even cut out about 30 people from our drafted guest list and that really helped out a lot!

link=http://www.weddingcountdown.com
img noborderhttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/ueitc9nc75.png[/img]
[/link]

August 7th, 2010...is our special day! Laughing

Future Mrs.D

mizbex Posts : 40 Registered: 1/10/07
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

We didnt even have a budget lol The reception alone was 10K, after flowers, DJ, photographer, limo was added in it ended being around 20K (not counting attire and honeymoon), the splurges were my gown which was 2500 but I absolutely adored, and the honeymoon which was another 10K we did luck out, my parents paid for everything including my gown and his parents paid for the honeymoon and alotted us 3000 in spending money for the trip, so he only paid for tuxes, and since my parents paid for everything I paid for my bridesmaids gowns to help them out.

FutureJenniferD... Posts : 2 Registered: 1/10/09
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

Our budget is $10,000 for 150 people. It is half of what was gifted to us by my parents so we want to use the rest of it to put a down payment on a house or apartment. We are trying to keep it as much under budget as possible. Right now, we are doing great. It might only cost us 8-9000 instead. We still don't know some prices yet. The problem with our is that we are converting all the money into local currency in Venezuela so it is taking more of a financial mindset than originally planned.

The venue is costing just over $4000 and that include cake, food, decorations, parking, and alcohol. They also do the flowers which we will pay separately since it depends on what kind we want.
The DJ is the unknown cost so far since we haven't looked into them yet.
My dress for the civil wedding cost $50 and his mom is making my wedding dress so the fabric cost me $200. His suit isn't included in the budget but all my underthings and lingiere for the honeymoon are. His daughter's dress is also included as a gift to her as a bridesmaid for me. That will be around $100 max.
The rings will be around $300 total and that includes inscription and the arras (little gold coins that are part of every ceremony here).
Invitations are going to cheap - $30 total maybe as we are personally inviting everyone.
Favors are the thing I would rather spend more money on as they are international gifts for everyone.
Pictures are being down by my sister and his sisters. They won't be professional, but that is the last worry we have. They will be fun and we will get pictures from everyone at the wedding so we can pick and choose the best ones. Everyone brings a camera here and we can get copies for free.
So we just have to buy the film for our sisters as the cameras are awesome, but older ones that require film and then getting the pictures processed.
Transportation is a taxi to drive us away from the place, and he is paying for the honeymoon.
So that is our wedding budget.

MrsJDtobe Posts : 159 Registered: 2/15/09
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsCollins

Mrs. Collins...I am getting married in Annapolis and our budget is about 27k right now. I think it may hit 30k. We have 150 (approx) guests...that doesnt include my gown, the flowers, or the rings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On October 11, 2009, my cop will forever be cuffed to my heart ;-)

dixiebridetobei... Posts : 4 Registered: 8/22/08
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

our budget we had set initially was 10,000. but it seems to be going to 15,000. it all depends on if the 150 ppl we are going to invite actually come. i have a lot of family out of state so it might cut it down a lot. his mother is so graciously paying for the wedding favors and my friend is going to school to own her own bakery and she has said from the get go that she was going to make my wedding cake. we are going to splurge on the food. we are able to buy all our alcohol and drinks thru my fiances company so we can get a deal on that and then able to have an open bar for our guests. im making my own centerpieces with brandy snifters and gerbera daisies ( silk flowers) with sunflowers being the bridal party bouquets and im growing the sunflowers myself.

the happiest bride to be Smile

Soon2BMrsCollins Posts : 54 Registered: 12/17/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsJDtobe

So sorry it took me so long to respond. I have not been on teh site in a while.

I think that is a pretty reasonable number. Have you guys decided on a place yet? The one issue we had was that the place I fell in love with did not caterer. So we have to pay for teh location rental plus the catering. And since the caterer has to brig almost everything in, it makes our catering bill even higher :(.

We are looking at Annapolis to do the rehearsal dinner, do you have any suggestions?

LALA4187 Posts : 17 Registered: 3/7/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

my budget is about 5000 dollars. I splurged on two things my dress and our honeymoon. There are lots of easy ways to cut back on costs but it has been hard but to help without with other costs that have come up my FH and I started a saving account and put anywhere from 5 to 20 dollars in it out of every paycheck u would be surprised at how it adds up
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

bunnybear05 Posts : 157 Registered: 1/7/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: LALA4187

Ours is $25,000.00 that DF parents are contributing. But we have both come to the realization that we have blown the budget already. I wanted to limit the number of people instead of not having the venue that we wanted. But his parents didn't want to eliminate people and we chose our venue before we made a final guest list and analyzed our budget. Our venue is a little pricey per person$103, but it includes everuthing we wanted ( martini luge, sweet table, cake, chocolate fountain, coffee station,open bar premium liquer and 4 course meal with steak and some fancy fish as meal choices) or His mom told me lets just invite everyne and deal with the cost later. I have been trying to pay for things without touching the remaining budget. I put down the $800.00 deposit on the photographer myself, as well as the church deposit and part of my dress cost (about $300). Plus i plan on picking little things up here and there ( favor items etc). I just hope that not all of the 210people that we invited show up. I would really like it to be about 150 people. I am just really hoping it will all work out. We might hold off on the honeymoon a bit.

I am totally jealous of you guys that have pulled off such beautiful weddings and smaller budgets. Excellent job!

ErikaLinnea Posts : 4 Registered: 12/1/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: MrsM2009

Awesome post, Mrs.M. Very clear explanation of the financial situation! I hope everyone reads it and recognizes that you are saying this for the betterment of the greater community, not harping on one person's decisions. Kudos!

ErikaLinnea Posts : 4 Registered: 12/1/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

My budget is $10,000. I live in coastal Maine, so I don't have the urban price tag. We're having about 100+/- people. My parents are contributing $5000, FMIL paying for DJ&Rehearsal (simple BBQ at my camp), FFIL paying for something TBD, and I am paying for the rest (FH has a car payment I'd rather he take care of now :). Our goal is that none of us will have to take out a loan or use credit card debt.

So far we've committed:
$3,000 for reception location (gorgeous, inside/outside, has everything we need, don't need to decorate, includes bartender)
$1,500 or less for food and drink (no catering, FH's uncles are lobstermen and will do a lobsterbake, we'll put together simple hor d'ourves; open bar for wine, keg beer, and one cocktail, having sparkling cider instead of champagne)
$0 cake (used to work for a baker, its a gift)
$500 or less for help serving/clean up
$300 for ceremony location (lighthouse; no decor needed)
$300 for officiant
$3,000 for photography (professional, amazing photographer who I worked for; getting about twice as much photography for that cost, as a gift)
$75 for invitations (DIY from kit, plus postage for invite and RSVP)
$350 for bridal attire ($200 dress, $60 bra, $30 jewelry, shoes TBD)
$450 for DJ
~$250 for grooms attire (suit to wear for he rest of his life, I hope)
~$100 for flowers (I'm growing them; includes seeds, soil, fertilizer etc..., bridesmaid will put bouquets together)
Leaves me with about $200 for everything else... probably won't do favors, limo, or silly extras like the cake server or champagne flutes. Might do programs. Its okay if we go over by a couple hundred, but we won't go crazy.

Owing tons of money after the happiest day of your life makes it just a little bit less happy!

BrideJay Posts : 63 Registered: 3/3/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: ErikaLinnea

I do not plan on having a very large budget. Despite my dad's obvious tendency to splurge on his little girl... I would rather him spend his money on himself and my mom, or else contribute it to something more meaningful, like a down payment on a house or helping us with our education debts.

Anyway, I just got engaged Saturday, so as of right now I may still be living under a cloud of niaveness. :)

I'm planning on spending 10k-ish... and most of that will be on the venue, the food & the bar and the photographer. I don't think I'll plan on having many flowers... and I would love to keep the total number of guests at or under 40.

We'll see how things change in the next year....

Dance like it hurts

Love like you need the money

Work when people are watching

passion32 Posts : 34 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: middleduck0628

I am planning on a budget of 5000. I hope family offers to help as the date draws nearer and I am lucky that we will do an old fashion backyard Texas BBQ for the reception (fiance request) also we have a very small guest list under 50. I hope to come under budget but I want to splurge on the site for the actual wedding as I am looking for a winery as the setting for the wedding. I plan on a basic bar but would love a signature cocktail to spice it up instead of fully stocking a bar to save money since we have so few guest. Hope that helped.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine